TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lotte World Adding 3 New Attractions For....2016!

Lotte World are getting ready to open The French Revolution 2 (A VR add-on) this November and a Flying Theater and Gyro Drop 2 VR In December:

161026_new.thumb.jpg.756b878b4a2ae44b55a0ab19181ff987.jpg

Source, click to the right of the homepage

If we can count VR as a screen based attraction this brings the count of screen based rides to 13: 3 wild theaters (wings, valley and river), dragon shooting trackless dark ride, 4d shooting theater, desperados II shooting, Lotty's Balloon (360 degree screen), Beluga Talking, Dynamic Theater, Ghost House 3D and now Flying Theater and VR coaster and drop tower.

Edited by Garet

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

Looks like the same restraints judging by this video.

Edit: The home page updated and turns out there's a 3rd attraction so I've updated the first post. Gyro drop will also be getting VR. I really enjoy the views from that ride but it very rarely gets a line so hopefully this will bring in the crowds. Also hoping that to accommodate the VR headsets, it will mean the removal of the scream shields.

• 2 weeks later...

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

180-200 minute lines on a weekday. Granted it's newly opened but I really hope it isn't still 1 train operations like it was on my last few trips, the video makes it look that way since there's no second train when it stops on the brake run. I dread to think of christmas holiday lines when the park is packed

• 4 weeks later...

Flying theater will open 23rd December. I've never been on one before but I always thought flying theaters lifted more than this impression when raising the seats. Could just be the artist's impression is different from the ride, but considering it opens in 3 days i'm not so sure. Gyro Drop is closed for rehab in it's conversion to Gyro Drop II VR and the rehab should end 30/31st December so the last of the 3 rides will open then.

Source

161212_flyventure.thumb.jpg.44f8d3a5997dceb1aa06a9fc2ed36b31.jpg

Fly Venture just opened in Lotte World, and ready to fly to fantasy nature world or amazing places in South Korea!

I will explain more soon, so please view this advertisement below.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

-Waiting Line and Preshow. It's currently unknown whether Magic Pass(Reservation system) is available.

A great scientist just invented 'Fly Venture', a great flight machine that will take you anywhere in the world.

Remember: no smoking, cell-phones, garbage dumping, eating and drinking, photographing and video-taping(Youtube).

Draw 'X' shape with your arms if something urgent happens during the flight.

Stand in three rows, and starting from first row, take a seat in Fly Venture.

Fasten your seat belts and put your personal belongings such as hats, bags, purse, phone under the seat.

Tilting your body to the front, or shaking your legs and arms outside to the machine during the flight is extremely dangerous.

When the flight is over, and Fly Venture lands safely in Lotte World, take your personal belongings and exit to your right.

Be sure to exit front row first, and then second, and then third.

Alright, we are ready for take off!

There will be two ride flims: Fly through the fantasy nature or Fly through some great places in South Korea.

You will fly through some places including:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.26dea2023d0b22dba1305a9e14ad4843.jpg

Jeju Island

20071020010301022020021_b.jpg.9729ac74e74c220dc5ec04a2d50a941a.jpg

Mt.Seorak

780820_image2_1.jpg.38132f6be98538879d5d29f47bfd8560.jpg

Mt.Seorak.

PYH2014051804010001300_P2.jpg.6026452f08d75ff63170233f61406a5d.jpg

If you want to visit Mt.Seorak, take extra care. You might run into this bear warning signs. (Asian Black Bear)

ispic.jpg.0b6cc207017fd59c81cccaeb9305a23e.jpg

Dokdo Island

ttmik-blog-1-3.thumb.JPG.fbeb87025835361505dc9dd3bcddcb46.JPG

Han River

and much more!

I'm planning to visit in Jan. I will give you more information after the visit.

Quick notes I've seen from various blogs and pictures to address things from my posts and others:

-VR is still extremely popular with lines almost 3 hours long.

-They've added sliding lockers, the kind that alternate for trains so it seems with the ride now being so popular it will hopefully be 2 train operation now as opposed to the 1 train it tended to run.

-VR is optional

-Flying Machine has signs and an entrance for magic pass (to address Tim's query) but it won't open for a while until opening has died down and operations have normalized, staff have got into routine and they can judge crowds etc.

-Flying Machine's entrance takes you down to a new level before you get in the ride line so it'll probably become a new themed area for new attractions like Underland did. Don't expect anything too huge since it's under the existing Lotte World, but it is a decent sized space. Probably similar to how Underland went from a 4D triotech ride and exteriors on existing restaurants, to expanding with kids road train and a mini flume and then the wild trio simulators, current expectations are more media rides and ones that won't have too much height variance.

I checked on Gyro Drop 2 VR, and according to Korean News Article, in VR, Riders will see the futuristic city while Gyro Drop is going up, and when it goes down, Robot in the futuristic city will come to the rescue to land you safely on the ground.

Currently, Gyro Drop's waiting line is divided by two: Non-VR Riders (Normal) and VR Riders.

Of course, VR line is longer than Normal line.

news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LPOD&mid=tvh&oid=056&aid=0010403259

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The VR area in B3 is now a permanent area, It can be accessed from outside Lotte World for people in just the mall and each of the zones is a separate charge. It can also be accessed from inside Lotte World, but since the park is normally a no re-entry park, they give you an invisible stamp to allow you there.

• 2 weeks later...

www.lotteworld.com/notice/view.asp?cmsCd=CM0051&ntNo=419

One important reminder from Lotte World about French Revolution and Gyro Drop VR.

I translated it for you.

VR function in Gyro Drop and French Revolution will be unavailable for the following date.

This means these two rides will be run as a normal only, without any VR.

According to Lotte World, they're developing new VR content for new experience.

1. Gyro Drop VR: 1st day of July- August 31, Expected to return in 1st day of September

2. French Revolution VR: 1st day of July- November 31, Expected to return in 1st day of December

http://www.lotteworld.com/webzine/2017summer/index.html

-Also, 'Cool Water, Hot Samba' Season has started. It will take place in Lotte World from June 24 to August 27.

Most important change in this season is 'Cool Water', which takes place in Magic Island.

First, all areas near the magic castle has named as 'Wet Zone', as water cannon is installed.

Also, Lotte World provided some 'Dry Zones', where you can dry yourself when you're soaked.

Be sure to check the Lotte World homepage for show times, so you don't miss it!!

Important Reminders for anyone visiting Lotte World in this season:

1. Be sure to get your water gun ready.You can buy it from Magic Island if you don't have one.

2. Be sure to use water-proof camera. You don't want your camera to be broken down by getting wet.

3. Prepare some extra clothes so you can change it in the toilet. You don't want to ride a public transportation in the wet clothes!!

Entertainments include:

1. Water Play Time (Last Video in this post): Get soaked by water cannon while listening to music! I recommend visiting in weekdays, since it happens in 4 times in weekdays, and 2 times in weekend.

2. Exciting Water Gun Battle (Included in the second video in this post): Work as a team!! In the limited time, you must use the water gun provided and fill the tank by shooting the eyes in the skull. However, actors dressed up as a pirates will work hard to stop you. Clear the mission while resisting brutal water gun attack from pirates.

3. Water Nanta Show (Included in the second video in this post): Watch great music performance with water cannon!! However, this show only takes place in weekend. Also, it's only performed once. (2:30 p.m. on weekend)

4. Water Balloon Boxing (Included in the second video in this post): 2 people are required to play this. In limited time, One partner throws the water balloon to teammate and teammate, equipped with boxing gloves, must punch the water balloon. Team punches most water balloons wins, and will receive special gift.

5. Water Boom! Boom! Boom! (This show is not ready, starting from July 15): There's a beach dance party going on in Magic Castle! However, some big, tough bad guys have gathered to ruin everyone's fun! Get your water gun ready and bring down the bad guys and save the party!!

2017_season01.jpg.174a2366f37dbfd194e34b0ff9df9e6d.jpg

Are you ready to get soaked? Come near the Magic Castle to get soaked!!

Edited by Tim2009

• 1 month later...

I searched about the recent incident, that new attraction: 'Fly Venture' got stuck with 70 riders.

They were stuck in there like 3 hours.

Lotte World is getting some outrage from public due to the fact that they didn't called emergency personnel.

When the fire fighters arrived to rescue 70 riders, It was revealed that one of the riders called fire fighters.

Also, Lotte World told riders to stand still, doing that for a hour, without doing anything helpful to riders.

news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0011665587&code=61121211&cp=nv

It all started when one of the riders decided to get off and signaled staff to stop the ride.

Staff tried to reset the ride, but something went wrong and ride didn't reset to original position.

Public is mainly blaming Lotte World for not taking things seriously, but some people are blaming the rider who signaled staff to stop the ride. Blaming to the rider includes: "If you're scared, you shouldn't ride it in first place." " One person ruined others' experience."

When I analyzed this, some people blamed the rider who signaled staff to stop the ride. This is because, if you stop the ride due to your problem in body condition (including vomit, dizziness etc.) that's fine, but this rider just signaled staff to stop the ride just because she got scared.

Well, Fly Venture will be shut down for 2 weeks in response to this incident.

• 2 weeks later...

Lotte World issued an apology about Fly Venture incident.

www.lotteworld.com/notice/view.asp?cmsCd=CM0051&ntNo=431

Lotte World stated that they will close Fly Venture until further notice.

It's top priority of theme parks to work hard to disembark riders first when something goes wrong in the ride.

I think Lotte World was criticized by failing to disembark riders first and failing to comfort panicked riders.

In addition, Bumper Car in Magic Island will be closed until Nov. 7.

One final Reminder is VR attraction, Zombie Walk and Zombie Attack became permanent attraction in Third Floor.

It's free (no additional charge), but you have to make reservation if want to use it.

My favorite is Zombie Attack.

www.lotteworld.com/app/attrctn/view.asp?cmsCd=CM0012&ntNo=55&pUseYn=Y&pPstnCd=&pCategCd=&pVisitDt=2017-08-18&pSrc=&pSrcTemp=

Zombie Walk VR: There has been deadly accident in the secret lab, and you are only survivor in there.

Good thing is you have a flashlight.

Find the Key Card, and ride an elevator, then open the door and escape.

Hurry up, Zombies are coming to get you!!

www.lotteworld.com/app/attrctn/view.asp?cmsCd=CM0012&ntNo=54&pUseYn=Y&pPstnCd=&pCategCd=&pVisitDt=2017-08-18&pSrc=&pSrcTemp=

Zombie Attack VR: It's based on previous Horror Halloween season in Lotte World.

Oh no, Looks like Director H is back with his zombies to rule Magic Island and he is causing massive chaos and panic in Lotte World Magic Island.

You are dispatched to Lotte World Magic Island to stop Director H and his zombies.

Armed with duel pistol, Shotgun and Machine Gun, you have to take out zombies and defeat Director H and save Magic Island before it's too late. (My tip: Use machine gun for zombies, and use shotgun for Director H.)

Hurry up. If you fail, whole Lotte World Adventure and Seoul City will be overrun by zombies!!

• 3 weeks later...

m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=102&oid=055&aid=0000565161

Lotte World got criticized by the public again, this time due to zombie figure they displayed in the park.

According to the news, this zombie figure showed like woman trapped in the box like a meat.

In addition, another zombie figure is like a baby coming out from the pregnant woman.

Public stated that they are concerned about kids visiting the park, and it's awful and disgusting.

Lotte World cleared that figures off the park due to following complaints.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...