TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lotte World Adding 3 New Attractions For....2016!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh spoke too soon, the attractions suspended list added it for another week until the 13th, although it could be added again later.

VR has returned again to French Revolution with a new movie opening December 9th. Gyro Drop's been closed for a while, there was supposed to be a new VR film to replace the last one there over Halloween which never came about but I'm assuming this current downtime is to accommodate and set up the new VR.

I had a question if anyone knows a better answer...Lotte World attended IAAPA this year and I didn't get a chance to try their booth. From what I saw it was a series of VR experiences, are they using the park as a testing ground for all of these in-house developments and then marketing those experiences to other parks?

I had a question if anyone knows a better answer...Lotte World attended IAAPA this year and I didn't get a chance to try their booth. From what I saw it was a series of VR experiences, are they using the park as a testing ground for all of these in-house developments and then marketing those experiences to other parks?

Lotte World has a VR section now where you can buy tickets and try different sections which are basically the same thing with different ideas, strap on a VR headset and do something with motion controls. Some pictures of the area here: http://szsup.tistory.com/728?category=323243

Everland also has a ton of different VR stuff in their park now as well but theirs is more about different ways of riding with VR e.g. robot arm VR, a gyroscope style VR, static VR, VR on motion seats etc. but there's is all from Samsung who owns Everland.

• 7 months later...

Not sure where else to post this. So I've joked on a couple of threads whenever someone mentions an Aquatrax, that they are a myth and don't exist and there is only the less exciting Trax since, after my 1st year in Korea, I haven't seen the water running on the track. Well, Lotte World has now gone and removed all the sprays from the track. Honestly, I never felt much difference in the ride but news is news.

Not sure where else to post this. So I've joked on a couple of threads whenever someone mentions an Aquatrax, that they are a myth and don't exist and there is only the less exciting Trax since, after my 1st year in Korea, I haven't seen the water running on the track. Well, Lotte World has now gone and removed all the sprays from the track. Honestly, I never felt much difference in the ride but news is news.

As long as the ride still is fun. Honestly, I think we'll see parks remove water elements more and more from attractions as over the years we've learned that water doesn't mix well with amusement park rides, especially rides that aren't "water rides."

As long as the ride still is fun. Honestly, I think we'll see parks remove water elements more and more from attractions as over the years we've learned that water doesn't mix well with amusement park rides, especially rides that aren't "water rides."

Even though Elissa getting soaked by the kid reaching his arm out was hilarious, I definitely agree with this sentiment. Traditional ride elements and water don't mix well---it either needs to be a 100% designed for water ride (like a flume or raft) or no water.

^That one disappeared really early. Before I arrived here in 2010 I think. Feb 2010 the water was drained for the winter and on my next visit and every visit after it was too low to be reached.