TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Park at OWA Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at The Park at OWA, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

November 3rd, 2016 - The Park at OWA announced (see below)

January 21st, 2017 - construction update

July 21st, 2017 - Park opens

July 7th, 2018 - Waterplay area added for 2018

Match 19th, 2019 - Shooting dark ride announced for 2019 amongst other changes

April 2nd, 2019 - more long term changes announced

Hello there, this about the new Amusement park coming to Foley Alabama. It's in complete good progress except it'll open in Phases along with a Entertainment Strip. (which Gulf Shores has one) First Phase is the strip, second theme park, third water park maybe? the open date of first phase. is in 2017. Also we will be getting a Euro Fighter by the looks of the video.

http://visitowa.com/

Edited by larrygator

^The coaster shown isn't a Eurofighter, its a Zamperla Thunderbolt.

I haven't been on Thunderbolt but I have only heard terrible things and am surprised any park would get one instead of a similarly priced attraction from a different manufacturer.

Thunderbolt had a really brutal shuffle at the top of the vertical loop, but other than that I really enjoyed the ride.

I haven't been on Thunderbolt but I have only heard terrible things and am surprised any park would get one instead of a similarly priced attraction from a different manufacturer.

RCDB has another Zamperla coaster listed for the park. It may be a multi ride deal or a complete Zamperla ride showcase like Luna Park. If you're spending 10M, the quoted cost of Thunderbolt at Luna, than a Euro fighter with comparable price, is a better coaster. That's why I speculate it's a Zamperla ride showcase deal.ie...Air Race, Electro Spin, Drop Tower, Midi Discovery, Mega Disko, Endeavor, Vertical Swing, etc... Zamperla actually did a pretty good job with Luna. major upgrade with the all Zamperla rides compared to what it was before.

Thunderbolt had a really brutal shuffle at the top of the vertical loop, but other than that I really enjoyed the ride.

Interesting. I have only heard terrible things even though it looks like a really good ride. I was just in NYC and did Rye and every park in New England but didn't have time to hit Coney Island unfortunately. Looking forward to giving Thunderbolt a try next time I am up there.

Spinning wild mouse or just a wild mouse.

This park already has footers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwWgtsZXgAEY-r7.jpg

Quite the surprise for the Redneck Riviera. Which begs the question, what happened to the proposed Blue Collar Park by Jeff Foxworthy for the Foley area.

Nevermind, this once was the Blue Collar project

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/05/poarch_creeks_take_control_of.html

Interesting. I have only heard terrible things even though it looks like a really good ride. I was just in NYC and did Rye and every park in New England but didn't have time to hit Coney Island unfortunately. Looking forward to giving Thunderbolt a try next time I am up there.

I will add that it could be dependent on the cars or something. Myself and the 2 others in my group really liked the ride (we had one ride, same car), but those who rode the next day found it uncomfortable.

Spinning wild mouse or just a wild mouse.

This park already has footers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwWgtsZXgAEY-r7.jpg

Quite the surprise for the Redneck Riviera. Which begs the question, what happened to the proposed Blue Collar Park by Jeff Foxworthy for the Foley area.

Nevermind, this once was the Blue Collar project

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/05/poarch_creeks_take_control_of.html

This park will be my home park, when it opens.

• 2 months later...

Some of you have heard about the new amusement park coming to Foley Alabama opening this summer. It's supposed to have three thrill rides including one major roller coaster which if I remember correctly will be the longest in the southeast. Anyway I have seen the artist rendition and it looks great. I only live 30 minutes from there so will be keeping up with the construction. It doesn't hurt that we have friends who live a block away so I have told her to give me routine updates.

20170115_165225.thumb.jpg.c89b4129c4bae856997bf20bf0a7ef90.jpg

Suppose to be the main entrance on the east

20170115_164404.thumb.jpg.d602cf77e6140857f82ce7a86c8d351a.jpg

Should be the indoor sports area

20170115_164524.thumb.jpg.e15841df8b183783ef73920159694e16.jpg

South entrance

20170115_164557.thumb.jpg.c5761e3d33920824f9eeef2c02ece91f.jpg

20170115_164643.thumb.jpg.57d08aa0a74df2a871c1fcbe54c95e2c.jpg

20170115_164651.thumb.jpg.de6958f46637233961ba94f9ddbb96e7.jpg

20170115_164730.thumb.jpg.c575f638a3ef5f8d6d6a8ac58cb17b88.jpg

First Flat Ride, it was promised to be installed by last Thanksgiving and it was

20170115_164737.thumb.jpg.e26003570a22b8914b28cac6908193ff.jpg

20170115_165320.thumb.jpg.483e4ea14d3bccea6ab3c06b144810da.jpg

Thought this was going to be the Marriot Resort but not sure now as there are signs on the parcel as you come in the south entrance that says Marriot

20170115_165337.thumb.jpg.1bbadf73d277266d04ba5d9ea80712b4.jpg

20170115_165437.thumb.jpg.9a7081f4bd065e4bf7f693a020fb8dd6.jpg

coming in from the main entrance driveway

20170115_165446.thumb.jpg.877893532f297c98af0096d970dc9274.jpg

20170115_165636.thumb.jpg.f6e753d3a57c7a7f17b29351fc146a93.jpg

Some of you have heard about the new amusement park coming to Foley Alabama opening this summer. It's supposed to have three thrill rides including one major roller coaster which if I remember correctly will be the longest in the southeast.

Wait, so I'm confused. Is there a coaster that hasn't been announced for this park yet or are we talking about the thunderbolt clone? I'm hearing lots of people say longest coaster in the south east as well that news report saying second longest in the country.

Some of you have heard about the new amusement park coming to Foley Alabama opening this summer. It's supposed to have three thrill rides including one major roller coaster which if I remember correctly will be the longest in the southeast.

Wait, so I'm confused. Is there a coaster that hasn't been announced for this park yet or are we talking about the thunderbolt clone? I'm hearing lots of people say longest coaster in the south east as well that news report saying second longest in the country.

They also said it's more upscale than Six Flags. I heard it was opening with 4 coasters but they're pulling a Tony Clark and calling their Disk O Coaster a Coaster. So We've got the Thunderbolt Clone, Wild Mouse, and 1 other? Maybe a Kids Coaster or Volare?