TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Park at OWA Discussion Thread

I'm not obese but I am 6'4". Since I'm not 2 inches shorter, OWA will not get my support until they cater a little more to us tall people. I was really excited for this park cause it was in my home state. I'm used to being turned away on kiddie coasters but not regular coasters. Not a fan of the rules. Seriously I rode Thunderbolt at Luna Park with no problems...Not sure why Rolling Thunder is like this.

Awe. I'm sorry. And I heard Rollin' Thunder was actually pretty good, a lot more comfortable than Thunderbolt. Speaking of which, how did you like it? It seems like most people either love it and think it is underrated or most people hate it with a burning passion. And also, what did you think of the rest of Owa? I absolutely LOVE the collection of flat rides they got from Zamperla.

The first time I rode it I sat on the middle seat, and it wasn't too bad, but not the best I've experienced. The second time, I sat on the left seat and man I heat my head three times on the seat and it felt like my leg was being ripped off. That ride is a lot more scary than it looks.

Honestly, sounds kind of fun to me. I'm probably known for riding T3 at Kentucky Kingdom, THE thigh crusher, and I liked it. LOVED it even. I'm excited for when I'm able to go out to Owa. How did you like the rest of the park? I love the selection of rides they chose. Although I wish they went with a Zamperla Giant Discovery rather than a Zamperla Midi Discovery Revolution, I do love the Midi Discovery Revolutions, but I like the Giant Discoveries better because they give more floater air, plus they just look more impressive.

I honestly only rode Rolling Thunder, Aerozoom, and the Crazy Mouse. Those spinning rides make me feel HORRIBLE. I was hesitant to even ride Aerozoom because of the constant circling around. Living in Alabama for most of my life I honestly love this place, especially since its near me. It can't be compared to Disney, or Universal but it's still not bad. They definitely will need to expand the park because it's pretty small. The retail area looked really nice but only a small section of it was open for us to walk around and look. I spent about four hours here in the theme park alone, so with the addition of a retail area, expanded amusement park, and waterpark, I can definitely spend a day here. I do think it was a good idea to open areas of OWA in phases to test the waters and honestly they're not doing too bad. One flaw that really concerned me was that I saw a lady use the admin panel for the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rentals to open a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo for someone. No password or anything was required to get to the admin panel, just a simple three taps on a certain part of the screen. Me and my friend tried it when she left and were able to open a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. We didn't take anything but this could easily be abused. I hate to post this online but that's not a smart thing on their part.

Ah. I'm sure after this year most of the operations and stuff will be figured out. I mean this is a brand new park operated by people who have never operated another park. Still sounds like you had a pretty good time. It will be exciting whenever all the shops open. And I'm super excited for the water park. I'm not usually crazy about water parks, but a water park would really make Owa a great place to visit with a hotel on site, lots of shops, an amusement park, and a water park. Owa does seem a bit small, but I'm sure I could be entertained for about five to six hours. I'd probably marathon Rollin' Thunder and Spinning Mouse, then ride all the flats a couple times each. Most of the time I can ride flat rides, but the time I went to Six Flags Over Texas it get up to 115 degrees and I was pretty nauseous throughout the day. I almost threw up on the Sky Screamer. I'll be excited for when I can go to Owa in a couple years when all the trees have grown a bit so there is more shade. Plus by then there will probably be a water ride and maybe even a couple more flat rides (I'd love to see them get a Zamperla Power Surge and Galleon). I wonder what year the water park will come? I'm thinking maybe 2019, at least it seems more realistic since they would probably want to make some money before they make another huge expansion. But I was reading that the tribe that owns it has a LOT of money so I wonder if the water park would come next year?

This is my home park, and i'd say on one hill there's a trim break but it doesn't effect it as much in terms of speed just a bit. The corkscrew has minor head banging. but the ride is fun don't get me wrong there is some good ejector air.

I'm not obese but I am 6'4". Since I'm not 2 inches shorter, OWA will not get my support until they cater a little more to us tall people. I was really excited for this park cause it was in my home state. I'm used to being turned away on kiddie coasters but not regular coasters. Not a fan of the rules. Seriously I rode Thunderbolt at Luna Park with no problems...Not sure why Rolling Thunder is like this.

Awe. I'm sorry. And I heard Rollin' Thunder was actually pretty good, a lot more comfortable than Thunderbolt. Speaking of which, how did you like it? It seems like most people either love it and think it is underrated or most people hate it with a burning passion. And also, what did you think of the rest of Owa? I absolutely LOVE the collection of flat rides they got from Zamperla.

The first time I rode it I sat on the middle seat, and it wasn't too bad, but not the best I've experienced. The second time, I sat on the left seat and man I heat my head three times on the seat and it felt like my leg was being ripped off. That ride is a lot more scary than it looks.

Honestly, sounds kind of fun to me. I'm probably known for riding T3 at Kentucky Kingdom, THE thigh crusher, and I liked it. LOVED it even. I'm excited for when I'm able to go out to Owa. How did you like the rest of the park? I love the selection of rides they chose. Although I wish they went with a Zamperla Giant Discovery rather than a Zamperla Midi Discovery Revolution, I do love the Midi Discovery Revolutions, but I like the Giant Discoveries better because they give more floater air, plus they just look more impressive.

I honestly only rode Rolling Thunder, Aerozoom, and the Crazy Mouse. Those spinning rides make me feel HORRIBLE. I was hesitant to even ride Aerozoom because of the constant circling around. Living in Alabama for most of my life I honestly love this place, especially since its near me. It can't be compared to Disney, or Universal but it's still not bad. They definitely will need to expand the park because it's pretty small. The retail area looked really nice but only a small section of it was open for us to walk around and look. I spent about four hours here in the theme park alone, so with the addition of a retail area, expanded amusement park, and waterpark, I can definitely spend a day here. I do think it was a good idea to open areas of OWA in phases to test the waters and honestly they're not doing too bad. One flaw that really concerned me was that I saw a lady use the admin panel for the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rentals to open a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo for someone. No password or anything was required to get to the admin panel, just a simple three taps on a certain part of the screen. Me and my friend tried it when she left and were able to open a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. We didn't take anything but this could easily be abused. I hate to post this online but that's not a smart thing on their part.

Ah. I'm sure after this year most of the operations and stuff will be figured out. I mean this is a brand new park operated by people who have never operated another park. Still sounds like you had a pretty good time. It will be exciting whenever all the shops open. And I'm super excited for the water park. I'm not usually crazy about water parks, but a water park would really make Owa a great place to visit with a hotel on site, lots of shops, an amusement park, and a water park. Owa does seem a bit small, but I'm sure I could be entertained for about five to six hours. I'd probably marathon Rollin' Thunder and Spinning Mouse, then ride all the flats a couple times each. Most of the time I can ride flat rides, but the time I went to Six Flags Over Texas it get up to 115 degrees and I was pretty nauseous throughout the day. I almost threw up on the Sky Screamer. I'll be excited for when I can go to Owa in a couple years when all the trees have grown a bit so there is more shade. Plus by then there will probably be a water ride and maybe even a couple more flat rides (I'd love to see them get a Zamperla Power Surge and Galleon). I wonder what year the water park will come? I'm thinking maybe 2019, at least it seems more realistic since they would probably want to make some money before they make another huge expansion. But I was reading that the tribe that owns it has a LOT of money so I wonder if the water park would come next year?

This is my home park, and i'd say on one hill there's a trim break but it doesn't effect it as much in terms of speed just a bit. The corkscrew has minor head banging. but the ride is fun don't get me wrong there is some good ejector air.

• 1 month later...

The Destin/Gulf Shores area is a huge vacation spot for folks in the Mid South and they all mostly drive. The park opened late in the Summer and missed many of those folks plus they need to let folks in these markets that they are there. I have told many and they simply didn't know it existed yet.

• 2 weeks later...
2 Things:

- How was their Halloween Event?

- Did you see any in-park-construction for a future new ride?

Hola! I just posted my trip report on the forum if you want to take a look. And I didn't get a chance to do the Halloween event. Also, there's much room for expansion, but no construction as of now.

Edited by ThemeParkJunkie51290

• 4 months later...
We are getting a future ride, trust me. I work there now. I'll keep updates on what's coming for sure.

Not if you intend on keeping your job, you won't.

Please be careful that you are not violating any agreements you may have signed by sharing information, and remember that taking any "insider" photos / video from inside the park without permission isn't allowed on Theme Park Review.

We are getting a future ride, trust me. I work there now. I'll keep updates on what's coming for sure.

Not if you intend on keeping your job, you won't.

Please be careful that you are not violating any agreements you may have signed by sharing information, and remember that taking any "insider" photos / video from inside the park without permission isn't allowed on Theme Park Review.

An employee told EB from CoasterRadio that they have an announcement coming soon regarding a new ride.

My hope/wish would be something indoors cause it seems to rain alot there.

It does rain a lot here, but not often to where the park has to close. Whenever it rains bad we start closing. Also i'll let you know when we announce our new ride, it will be a good edition for families.

My 3 Guesses/Wishes:

- Zamperla Demolition Derby (Indoors)

- Zamperla Magic Bikes

- Zamperla Tea Cups with Water (I imagine it gets hot in South Alabama)

It does rain a lot here, but not often to where the park has to close. Whenever it rains bad we start closing. Also i'll let you know when we announce our new ride, it will be a good edition for families.

I follow the park on all it's social media sites. OWA closes quite frequently due to weather. It seems like it's averaging about once a week over the last few months, and have on occasion seen it more than once in a week. I've noted this because I've never seen a park post so much that it's closed/closing early for inclement weather. I know they can't control the weather, but it's an observation. I would suggest anyone planning to visit to keep their eyes glued to the weather, especially if they are travelling there from great distances.

• 1 month later...

I don't work at the park, So I can spoil the addition (And By Spoil, I mean post a news article)

http://mynbc15.com/news/local/the-park-at-owa-unveils-wacky-water-splash-pad

FOLEY, Ala. (WPMI) — The Park at OWA has announced the opening of a "cool" attraction just in time for summer:

Summer has officially began and there is now a new, exciting way too cool down! The Park at OWA recently unveiled its newest, family friendly addition: the “Wacky Waters” splash pad. As part of OWA’s 520-acre resort development, The Park at OWA is a gated amusement park featuring 22 thrilling attractions. Its newest addition comes just in time for the summer sunshine on the Alabama Gulf Coast.

Wacky Waters – a 9,500 ft. splash pad – opened over Memorial Day weekend. The splash pad’s water-themed amenities include a 20 ft. tall dump bucket, a towering “coconut tree” that showers guests with 54 gallons of water per minute, a 6 ft. tall water dome, and more than 15 different attractions and sprayers to keep you soaked for hours. For those familiar with The Park at OWA, Wacky Waters sits on the southwest side of the 14-acre park close to the children’s attractions.

“Our guests spoke about recommended improvements to the amusement park and we listened,” stated Kristin Hellmich, OWA Director of Marketing/PR. “The Wacky Waters splash pad is one of several new amenities created to help our guests beat the summer heat. If you haven’t visited The Park at OWA lately, come on out! You will definitely see a lot of new improvements we recently installed to further enhance the guest experience.”

Wacky Waters offers park-goers a chance to cool off from the summer heat, complete with a cabana-style area for parents to relax. Bring your own towels and sundries, which can be stored in onsite lockers. Or guests can also purchase supplies onsite such as towels, sunscreen, and swim diapers. Being centrally located in The Park at OWA, guests can enjoy splashing around for a while before drying off just in time to hop over to the Rollin’ Thunder coaster for some full-force wind action.

The splash pad is not the only new addition to The Park at OWA this summer season. A variety of outdoor structures and amenities have been added to enhance the guest experience such as an air-conditioned quick-serve dining area, shaded resting areas throughout the park, misters, fans, and even sun-shades above several of the rides.

A Combination of a water attraction and sun shades above several of the rides sound like great additions. Water cause it probably gets hot and Shade to keep some rides running during rain storms.

• 4 weeks later...