TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Park at OWA Discussion Thread

I apologize in advance for the sh*tpost, but they should just license the first 30 seconds of

and use it as their jingle for all television and radio marketing.

Every time I see this thread I think "oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oooooh oh owa". Anyone else? On that note, are we supposed to pronounce "owa" or just spell out the acronym? Either way, I know how I'm doing it.

PS: The coaster looks good, and I actually don't hate Thunderbolt so if I ever find myself in Alabama for some reason maybe I'll pop in.

I apologize in advance for the sh*tpost, but they should just license the first 30 seconds of
and use it as their jingle for all television and radio marketing.

Every time I see this thread I think "oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oooooh oh owa". Anyone else? On that note, are we supposed to pronounce "owa" or just spell out the acronym? Either way, I know how I'm doing it.

PS: The coaster looks good, and I actually don't hate Thunderbolt so if I ever find myself in Alabama for some reason maybe I'll pop in.

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. But you should definitely come to Alabama. Since this is a "fresh" amusement park it's the perfect excuse.

Yeah, don't let the "Redneck Riveara" moniker fool ya, the Gulf Shores area all the way over to the Florida Pan handle is actually a pretty nice little spot to visit and a new park is just something else to do.

Yeah, it seems like a nice place to visit. The first things I noticed about this park were it's proximity to that wood coaster at Waterville USA and it's proximity to the Flora-Bama which is a place that any good Parrothead needs to visit since Jimmy Buffet wrote a song about it.

Yeah, don't let the "Redneck Riveara" moniker fool ya, the Gulf Shores area all the way over to the Florida Pan handle is actually a pretty nice little spot to visit and a new park is just something else to do.

Yeah, it seems like a nice place to visit. The first things I noticed about this park were it's proximity to that wood coaster at Waterville USA and it's proximity to the Flora-Bama which is a place that any good Parrothead needs to visit since Jimmy Buffet wrote a song about it.

With the proposed expansion with rides included at Margaritaville Biloxi, Waterville USA and Now OWA, one could enjoy a nice trip down I-10. Too bad the place in PCB closed without it getting to build the GCI and the other end at Nawlins with Jazzland closed. There is the newer coaster at the zoo though.

YES! YES! YES! You can now make your reservations at the new hotel onsite at OWA: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/pnstf-towneplace-suites-foley-at-owa/ I'm surprised they didn't make an announcement on Facebook, but oh well. I've noticed the hotel is booked all the way up till the middle of September! I wanted to stay onsite in August, but I see I have to rearrange my plans for an early October visit instead . . . BUT . . . I don't think I can hold out that long without visiting the new theme park.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like they are living up to the concept art on the entertainment/shopping area outside of the park as well.

I'll be interested in their yearly operating schedule, I know lots of people that hit up the area during off season times to take advantage of super cheap rentals.

With so many options for cheap, compact roller coasters out there, I am still shocked the park chose this ride. I love the colors though.

It's not a shock at all. The park is doing all Zamperla rides. This was announced long ago as it being a Zamperla Showcase Park.