OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

Page 2: Construction Update
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

Postby flagrockerthegreat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:42 am

Hello there, this about the new Amusement park coming to Foley Alabama. It's in complete good progress except it'll open in Phases along with a Entertainment Strip. (which Gulf Shores has one) First Phase is the strip, second theme park, third water park maybe? the open date of first phase. is in 2017. Also we will be getting a Euro Fighter by the looks of the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VgZyobvwwc

http://visitowa.com/
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:10 pm.
Cannonball Run Menace, 112 rides and counting! :br

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: OWA Foley Alabama Amusement/Theme Park!

Postby RyanTPM » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:46 am

^The coaster shown isn't a Eurofighter, its a Zamperla Thunderbolt.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby flagrockerthegreat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:53 am

RyanTPM wrote:^The coaster shown isn't a Eurofighter, its a Zamperla Thunderbolt.
Oh, i get so confused with the track layout between Euro Fighter, Mac, and Zamperla which i've never heard of till now. thanks!
Cannonball Run Menace, 112 rides and counting! :br

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:21 pm

RyanTPM wrote:^The coaster shown isn't a Eurofighter, its a Zamperla Thunderbolt.

I haven't been on Thunderbolt but I have only heard terrible things and am surprised any park would get one instead of a similarly priced attraction from a different manufacturer.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:25 pm

SFOG1991 wrote:

I haven't been on Thunderbolt but I have only heard terrible things and am surprised any park would get one instead of a similarly priced attraction from a different manufacturer.

Thunderbolt had a really brutal shuffle at the top of the vertical loop, but other than that I really enjoyed the ride.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Top 5 Parks- Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland
Most Recent Trip Report- Six Flags Mexico

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:35 pm

flagrockerthegreat wrote:It's in complete good progress
:roll:
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby eugjackson » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:04 pm

SFOG1991 wrote:

RCDB has another Zamperla coaster listed for the park. It may be a multi ride deal or a complete Zamperla ride showcase like Luna Park. If you're spending 10M, the quoted cost of Thunderbolt at Luna, than a Euro fighter with comparable price, is a better coaster. That's why I speculate it's a Zamperla ride showcase deal.ie...Air Race, Electro Spin, Drop Tower, Midi Discovery, Mega Disko, Endeavor, Vertical Swing, etc... Zamperla actually did a pretty good job with Luna. major upgrade with the all Zamperla rides compared to what it was before.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
SFOG1991 wrote:

Thunderbolt had a really brutal shuffle at the top of the vertical loop, but other than that I really enjoyed the ride.

Interesting. I have only heard terrible things even though it looks like a really good ride. I was just in NYC and did Rye and every park in New England but didn't have time to hit Coney Island unfortunately. Looking forward to giving Thunderbolt a try next time I am up there.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:09 pm

Spinning wild mouse or just a wild mouse.

This park already has footers
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwWgtsZXgAEY-r7.jpg

Quite the surprise for the Redneck Riviera. Which begs the question, what happened to the proposed Blue Collar Park by Jeff Foxworthy for the Foley area.

Nevermind, this once was the Blue Collar project
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2015/05/poarch_creeks_take_control_of.html

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:37 am

SFOG1991 wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:
SFOG1991 wrote:

Interesting. I have only heard terrible things even though it looks like a really good ride. I was just in NYC and did Rye and every park in New England but didn't have time to hit Coney Island unfortunately. Looking forward to giving Thunderbolt a try next time I am up there.

I will add that it could be dependent on the cars or something. Myself and the 2 others in my group really liked the ride (we had one ride, same car), but those who rode the next day found it uncomfortable.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Timbers
Top 5 Parks- Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Knoebels, Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland
Most Recent Trip Report- Six Flags Mexico

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!