TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dutch Wonderland 2017

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How it is supposed curl around the existing rides should be cool. Opening date for the park is the 29th. The wife and oldest are off to NYC, was thinking about swinging up there for a first ride with the short kid. Figured I would give a call to see if it would be open. I'll shoot an email.

Edited by MisterBrow

I can't wait til we find out that all that's in the shed is an unloading platform and enthusiasts everywhere are fantastically butthurt.

It's an unloading platform that has spoooooooky mystical themeing. Use your head, man.

Loooooooool That was what is in the shed.

This is what they said:

"Greetings from Dutch Wonderland!

Thank you for taking an interest in our park! Merlin's Mayhem will not be ready by opening weekend, but we are aiming to have it open by early June. If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Have a great day!

Courtney - Guest Relations/Sales Supervisor"

I guess the Amish doing a coaster raising is more difficult than a barn.

We should start a poll. Merlin open before or after Wonder Woman at Six Flags America.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just completed the parknfor preview night with friends from the U.K. Track work is complete, no train is visable, station has started construction but looks like this one a long way off. Looks like a great addition for the park and will stand out right being right at the entrance.

IMG_4115.thumb.JPG.42ab5a11ddfd8eb9ce8a76135d4a49e6.JPG

IMG_4116.thumb.JPG.65550df2edbe2d80d2ce9774a71afd31.JPG

IMG_4117.thumb.JPG.bc86e4f1bceda52dd2fd09b8ff9e6549.JPG

IMG_4118.thumb.JPG.d5c76b74417b3ce30ed7585059247e75.JPG

IMG_4119.thumb.JPG.3b5b5c6d187154a7215d60f757c371b5.JPG

IMG_4120.thumb.JPG.a3cef680382afac997f307e57b442b87.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally...

New roller coaster opens to public this weekend at Dutch Wonderland

merlins.thumb.jpg.d794f09385b1d84c44692c8f55eb9d70.jpg

Dutch Wonderland’s first suspended roller coaster will open for the season Saturday.

Merlin’s Mayhem, with its 60-foot rise and two helix turns, is the tallest ride at the East Lampeter Township amusement park.

The ride was supposed to open last season. Because of the delay, the park invited pass holders from last year to an event this past weekend where they were able to be the first people to ride the new coaster, according to spokeswoman Hannah Shepherd.

The coaster opens to the public for the first time after Dutch Wonderland’s opening day ceremony at 10 a.m. Saturday. Twenty guests can ride at a time. Riders must be at least 3 feet 3 inches tall.

The coaster is considered suspended because its cars hang below and can swing from steel rails.

Dutch Wonderland is open weekends through May and adds daily hours Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. The park has over 35 rides, other attractions and shows. Tickets can be purchased online at dutchwonderland.com or at the park.