TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2016

It's been an annual event for us at least the past 15 years and last night's event was probably the best ever! Not only did we have an awesome group costume as "Epcot World Showcase" (thanks Kristen) but the volume of candy they handed out this year was INSANE and overall it's just nice to be in the park with a limited amount of guests which makes wait times for attractions short and the overall vibe of the night amazing! Read through the photos below and you can see why we had an incredible time!

Cv4ip5mWIAACO4v.jpg

Look at where we are tonight!

Cv4kcbtWAAMvQSz.jpg

There is a big group of us here tonight! Can you guess what we are dressed as?

Cv6KH1pWgAAl-gF.jpg

That's right! Tonight we are dressed as Epcot World Showcase for #MNSSHP! All countries represented along with Spaceship Earth!

Cv4sGtEWgAAL4A5.jpg

Cv4sGtAWcAEEZN-.jpg

Cv4sGuLWAAAu7pr.jpg

Cv4sGwPWIAE4xQ-.jpg

Love the new "check in" area for MNSSHP! Get your bag, some candy, and you're ready to go!

Cv42Xq5XgAAe1RU.jpg

Yay! WDW loves our Epcot themed #MNSSHP costume! MT: @WDWToday: We LOVE this! It's so creative and the perfect #NotSoScary group costume!

Cv452KRWgAAyZ9x.jpg

Cv452VxW8AEUkZJ.jpg

We have been seeing some amazing costumes tonight! Love that someone dressed as Gadget from Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers!

Cv48kT4WEAIhuoY.jpg

Would you vote "Dallas for President?"

Cv5EyhaXgAAPYAV.jpg

We were supposed to be at #MNSSHP night of Hurricane Matthew. WDW was awesome, switched our tickets so we made buttons to celebrate!

Cv5LIc9WgAAWk2M.jpg

Cv5LIcdWEAET49m.jpg

Cv5LIceXgAQMzzc.jpg

Cv5LIcsXgAASKqM.jpg

And of course the best part of MNSSHP? Getting treats from the candy girls!

Cv5OShKW8AABMOZ.jpg

There's a lot of fog in Frontierland! That means the Headless Horseman is coming out soon!

Cv5PkPdWAAA9U0q.jpg

Watch your heads everyone! The Headless Horseman is here and he wants YOURS!!!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cv5T-2tXgAADEO_.jpg

Cv5T-2uWIAAIwtX.jpg

Cv5T-22XgAAYNbr.jpg

Cv5T-23WEAAUEzS.jpg

I absolutely love love LOVE the new Wreck-It Ralph/Sugar Rush Racers part of Boo To You parade!

Cv5XkAUWgAAGvZn.jpg

Cynthia & Juan... Best candy crew of the night!!! LOVE THEM!!!

Cv5eZ2vWgAIRdz4.jpg

Yes!!! David S. Pumpkins totally showed up for #MNSSHP!

Cv5hkpWWIAEyg-X.jpg

OMG!!! This guy came to #MNSSHP dressed as the Main Street Electrical Parade! LOVE IT!!!! #BaconStripNeverForget

Cv5ltPlWAAAWqgM.jpg

Cv5ltPmWgAA4lZR.jpg

Cv5ltPoW8AEelWN.jpg

The candy crews have been AWESOME tonight!!! Sooooo much candy!

Cv5p3pGWAAEhWxs.jpg

Cv5p3pEXgAAHmsa.jpg

Cv5p3poXYAAMv93.jpg

Cv5p3pDWIAAMGOf.jpg

Mental note! Stitch's Great Escape makes a MUCH better candy stop than it does an attraction!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

Cv520VEWYAAzFMv.jpg

This PhotoPass pic they were doing with the light stick background is AWESOME!!!

Cv54m3VXYAAC2_T.jpg

Cv54m3IWAAARXpB.jpg

Cv54m3VW8AABe_e.jpg

Even Anna & Elsa love riding Space Mountain!

IMG_5236.thumb.JPG.4e783496999b7d45860bde6871f813ad.JPG

Nozzy is fully ready to ride Space Mountain!

Cv6aH5MUMAAEX2q.jpg

Cv6aH5NUIAA8zOV.jpg

Cv6aH5LUEAE4BRx.jpg

Cv6aH5LUkAASyrV.jpg

I love our Space Mountain pics tonight! A salute to Spaceship Moon! Well, mostly Garbles!

Cv6A8OVWcAA695J.jpg

So nice to be able to ride a roller coaster in Orlando without having to put everything in a locker!!! Or go through a metal detector... Or get wanted by security...'

Cv59KcfWYAAibcb.jpg

Cv59KcgWEAAZihI.jpg

Cv59KctWcAAOv39.jpg

Cv59KcsXgAAqRwr.jpg

Once again, the "Big Top" crew have been totally amazing! Thank you! You guys rock!

Cv6Ei9sWAAAkF7v.jpg

Cv6Ei9tWIAAeo7T.jpg

Cv6Ei9-WEAAXmvD.jpg

Cv6Ei-mXEAAq9Y8.jpg

I *LOVE* how they dress up the Ghost Hosts at the Haunted Mansion for MNSSHP!

Cv6IYYCWYAA-7Sm.jpg

Great Scott!!! We found Marty & Doc Brown! Their DeLorean took them to @WDWToday instead of @UniversalORL! Hope they get home ok!

Cv4vMKTWAAEjZHE.jpg

One more pic of us dressed as Epcot World Showcase at MNSSHP! This has been a FANTASTIC event!

Cv6amKAVIAA147Z.jpg

And of course, the final "candy score" from MNSSHP tonight! Seriously had a great time! My favorite Halloween event in Orlando!

(the dollar is just there to show scale!) If you live in Orlando or are planning a visit, October is the best time of year and make SURE you get to this event!!!!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like fun! Disney has never been my cup of tea for amusement parks, but there is no arguing that they know how to put on an event! All that candy!

Question: why does Disney have such a lenient loose article policy? How do they get away with it while most other parks require lockers and/or securing articles in pockets?

Question: why does Disney have such a lenient loose article policy? How do they get away with it while most other parks require fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and/or securing articles in pockets?

I don't know, but what is interesting is how Disney is really one of the main trend setters of the industry and how they have this and other parks don't. And some people like to say "well, Disney rides aren't as extreme" but I can carry anything I want to on Rock N Roller Coaster which launches to 55MPH in the dark and goes upside down several times.

I really wish other parks would follow suit, especially a certain competing park that not only won't let you carry on any loose items, but makes you put EVERYTHING including your phone in a locker, go through a metal detector, and even get wanded like you're going through TSA. Want to know how much fun it is to stand in an hour long line when you're not even allowed to have your phone? Not fun at all. I refuse to ride another coaster where I have to walk through a metal detector in order to ride. No coaster is worth that volume of stupidity.

Edited by robbalvey

Question: why does Disney have such a lenient loose article policy? How do they get away with it while most other parks require fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo and/or securing articles in pockets?

I don't know, but what is interesting is how Disney is really one of the main trend setters of the industry and how they have this and other parks don't. And some people like to say "well, Disney rides aren't as extreme" but I can carry anything I want to on Rock N Roller Coaster which launches to 55MPH in the dark and goes upside down several times.

I really wish other parks would follow suit, especially a certain competing park that not only won't let you carry on any loose items, but makes you put EVERYTHING including your phone in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, go through a metal detector, and even get wanded like you're going through TSA. Want to know how much fun it is to stand in an hour long line when you're not even allowed to have your phone? Not fun at all. I refuse to ride another coaster where I have to walk through a metal detector in order to ride. No coaster is worth that volume of stupidity.

Yeah, I would love to see other parks follow suit. Like I said, I don't visit Disney much, but when I did back in April, it felt VERY weird (but good!) to take my backpack with me on California Screamin'. Very few coasters can top that ride's capacity, and being able to take all loose articles is probably the biggest reason Disney dominates in that category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I couldn't figure out what Kristen's country was, I looked up the Epcot World Showcase. Not only are you guys representing all the countries and Spaceship Earth, but you all are in order as the countries are at Epcot World Showcase. Well done guys, especially Kristen for the idea.

I really wish other parks would follow suit, especially a certain competing park that not only won't let you carry on any loose items, but makes you put EVERYTHING including your phone in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, go through a metal detector, and even get wanded like you're going through TSA. Want to know how much fun it is to stand in an hour long line when you're not even allowed to have your phone? Not fun at all. I refuse to ride another coaster where I have to walk through a metal detector in order to ride. No coaster is worth that volume of stupidity.

To me, the clear reason as to "why" is that Disney spends more on insurance than everyone else with the idea that it brings them happier customers. Seems to be working.

As for that "other park": The metal detectors are straight up why I didn't book a trip this year. That you have to pass through them twice to get on a coaster at minimum (once before entering Citywalk, again at each ride) is frankly outrageous to me. I've heard people give me a justification and it is still BS. If you're worried about weapons being brought on board, that does NOT validate the decision to ban all loose articles from the ride. I would have happily dropped 1500-2000 dollars this year on a long weekend there. They got no money and I ended up going to Europe instead where I encountered metal detectors a whole two times and only once at a park.

I really wish other parks would follow suit, especially a certain competing park that not only won't let you carry on any loose items, but makes you put EVERYTHING including your phone in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo, go through a metal detector ...

It can be a war zone underneath their coasters - at least one in particular. I got firsthand experience working HRRR years ago. They're less contained from public walks than Disney, but I totally agree that it's way too extreme today. Items secured in Velcro / button / zipper pockets are rarely an issue.

You're not living until cell phones whiz by your head and find new life as mosaic art pieces. Lots of close calls in the walkway enter/exit and queue.

As for that "other park": The metal detectors are straight up why I didn't book a trip this year. That you have to pass through them twice to get on a coaster at minimum (once before entering Citywalk, again at each ride) is frankly outrageous to me. I've heard people give me a justification and it is still BS. If you're worried about weapons being brought on board, that does NOT validate the decision to ban all loose articles from the ride. I would have happily dropped 1500-2000 dollars this year on a long weekend there. They got no money and I ended up going to Europe instead where I encountered metal detectors a whole two times and only once at a park.

As much as I don't want to de-rail this thread from the amazing time we had at MNSSHP I cannot not quote this because it is EXACTLY how I feel. I absolutely *REFUSE* to go on any roller coaster where I have to walk through a metal detector to get on it, and they tell me "Sorry you can't even have your phone in our 1 hour line." Forget that. I'd much rather go ride Space Mountain over and over again where this guy carried 4 bags of candy, a helmet, a sword, and a shield along with everything else in his pocket onto the ride without any issue at all. *THAT* is the kind of trust and amazing operations I look for at a park, not the equivalent of having to go through airport security to have fun on a roller coaster.

IMG_5271.thumb.JPG.a7bb70c91cbc1b2c927df7744f47b35d.JPG

It can be a war zone underneath their coasters - at least one in particular. I got firsthand experience working HRRR years ago. They're less contained from public walks than Disney, but I totally agree that it's way too extreme today. Items secured in Velcro / button / zipper pockets are rarely an issue. You're not living until cell phones whiz by your head and find new life as mosaic art pieces. Lots of close calls in the walkway enter/exit and queue.

Like Dirk said above, I don't care what justification you try to give me, I don't buy it. The fact that so many parks, hundreds of them all over the world, that have thousands of roller coasters that fly over midways, and they all operate without needing such an extreme measure to get onto ride tells me the problem is WITH THAT PARK, not parks or people in general.

Edited by robbalvey

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! And thanks so much for taking us along on your adventures at Mickey's Halloween Party.

Your costumes were awesome, and Kristen deserves a huge gold star for having the imagination to come up with your theme. I remember the old Epcot Journey into Imagination (1983-1998) - I still have the little dragon figure of Figment - I-Magination - and treasure it. I loved that pavilion. Cheers to Kristen for being Ms Imagination, 2016!

Alice