TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite and least favorite amusement park

Of all the amusement parks you have been to,if you had to pick,what was your all time favorite and what was your least favorite?? (its ok if you cant just pick only one)

I enjoyed all the parks i been to before and listed them on the "what amusement park have you visited" thread.

Anyways if i had to pick my favorite would be Cedar Point. It was always my dream to go because of the roller coasters. I finally got to go this past Labor Day with a friend. It was awesome! Even the "tamer" coasters were really epic! Now one day i just dream of going to Magic Mountain and Great Adventure!

As the least favorite as far as REAL amusement parks go i dont have any as i enjoyed all my theme park visits. I noticed Mt Olympus seems to be one of the least liked parks for some reason. I personally enjoyed that park when i went in 2009. Hades was awesome and that was before it was rebuilt. I admit its not the best park but it was still a lot of fun. Now ill get back on track! If i had to pick LEAST favorite it was soooo be Enchanted Forest at the resort Grizzly Jacks in Utica Ill. about an hour from Chicago. Its a small indoor waterpark resort with only two major waterslides and was way to small but thats no the worst part....See years ago this resort had an actual indoor amusement park with rides for all ages! It was no Adventuredome or Mall Of America but it still looked epic. I mean an indoor amusement park during the winter time when Great america is closed down and no more carnivals coming into town?? Sounds awesome to me! Well because of the recession we had a few years ago we really couldnt afford to go to places like that. Finally two years later go and i find out the rides were all taken out!! and replaced with a lame romp around playground for tweens! Just a rope course,rock wall,tiny zipline,bounce houses,only a few arcade games with lame prizes...and one of those kiddie trampoline jumps you see at cheap carnivals...i was soooo disappointed! i wanted real rides....and they still managed to call Enchanted Forest an "amusement park" ummm its not an amusement park if its has no rides....your local town carnival is far more fun then that place....i heard that place went from really epic to Poor Mans Wisconsin Dells...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite park would definitely be Silver Dollar city, with the honorable mention going to Carowinds. My least favorite park would be All Star Adventures here in Wichita Ks. If that is considered more of an arcade and doesn't count, then i would probably say Worlds of Fun. My last few visits there have been absolutely miserable.

Least favorite is definitely Giant Block Of Text. Honorable mention going out to Spelling & Grammar Disaster. That place sucks.

But....uh....your Most Liked amusement park?

EDIT to add: Other than that....

Oh I don't knoe there's just so many to choose phrom.

Worst is easy though: Conneaut. Please hurry up and close forever. Honorable mention to Lakemont.

Yea i read some other threads and you mentioned Conneaut a lot. your hatred for it. I never been there so i wouldn't know. Heck i never been to Penn. However i think your hatred for Conneaut Lake matches my hatred for Enchanted Forest indoor "amusement park" in Utica Il! lol There is so many rant comments i left on videos relating to indoor theme parks,SF Great America,etc about that lame place! Even left a Google comment....however i wasnt brave enough to leave one on Yelp or Tripadvisor. It is truely the poor mans Wisconsin Dells! The cabins dont even have Wi-fi and since its in the middle of nowhere cell connection is horrid too...i heard that place has money issues as well and probably wont last long either....but if i had to pick i rather go to Conneaut at least its a real amusement park and i heard it has a very decent roller coaster.

favorite is EPCOT and least favorite is King's Island!

Kings Island? really i loved that park! but havent been there since i was 14 in 2004. However the friends i brought with weren't big riders like me so i end up going on to many tame rides because of them which sucked really. I mean i hated in hour in line to ride the Spider! seriously?! I learned from that,that ill never go to a park with people who are scared of many rides again...lol i do want to go back one day and go on their newer coasters. Diamondback looks awesome!

Least favorite is definitely Giant Block Of Text. Honorable mention going out to Spelling & Grammar Disaster. That place sucks.

yea i dont know what parks your are referencing....sry lol.

This thread keeps getting better....

ok i dont if you are making fun of me or what but if people are gonna make fun of me dont bother posting on my threads then. 1.I have a learning disability 2.this is an internet forum not a school essay...so please people dont be so petty over how i type/write! Also if you are bored with long paragraphs just dont read them then! That simple....that all i have to say.

ok i dont if you are making fun of me or what but if people are gonna make fun of me dont bother posting on my threads then. 1.I have a learning disability 2.this is an internet forum not a school essay...so please people dont be so petty over how i type/write! Also if you are bored with long paragraphs just dont read them then! That simple....that all i have to say.

Make sure to check out the Terms of Service thread pinned at the top of the main forum. There are rules to posting here and poor spelling and grammar is one of them. And thank god for that. Also giant blocks of text are super annoying to read. A learning disability is not an excuse to not create a post using paragraphs.

Also, yes we are making fun. Everyone makes fun of each other here. If you can't take getting ribbed on you're not gonna like it here.

Finally, to answer your original question with a serious answer: fave park - BGW (runner up Hershey), least fave - SFA I guess, even though I don't even hate it that much. I just haven't been to any really crappy parks.

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 27 is not your real age. I don't know anyone who's 27 who still gives two sh*ts about learning disabilities and school essays. It just isn't relevant at that age.

No, I don't have a problem with long paragraphs; I've read and enjoyed Alexandre Dumas. Now that guy knew how to write a long paragraph! But the #1 rule of writing anything (and coincidentally the #9 rule of this site) is to make sure your readers can actually read it. That means capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. Those things are important.

Look, I've got a disability myself. My son has a disability. I've taught students with disabilities. It doesn't give you a free pass; it just means you need to find a different way to get to the same place as everyone else.

Yes, I was making fun of you, but that was before I had reason to doubt that you're an adult. So I'll say this seriously: You work hard on this and you'll find the way you need to succeed. You just have to learn to write. It's not fair, but people will judge you based on your writing ability. When you write an email at work, your spelling and grammar reflect on the company you work for. So your ability to be hired to a good paying job depends a lot on your ability to write. Use things like Internet forums to practice. The more you write, the better you'll be at writing. It's going to be hard for you--trust me, I do get it--but if you put your mind to it and get help from people who love you, you will eventually do it.

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 27 is not your real age. I don't know anyone who's 27 who still gives two sh*ts about learning disabilities and school essays. It just isn't relevant at that age.

No, I don't have a problem with long paragraphs; I've read and enjoyed Alexandre Dumas. Now that guy knew how to write a long paragraph! But the #1 rule of writing anything (and coincidentally the #9 rule of this site) is to make sure your readers can actually read it. That means capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. Those things are important.

Look, I've got a disability myself. My son has a disability. I've taught students with disabilities. It doesn't give you a free pass; it just means you need to find a different way to get to the same place as everyone else.

Yes, I was making fun of you, but that was before I had reason to doubt that you're an adult. So I'll say this seriously: You work hard on this and you'll find the way you need to succeed. You just have to learn to write. It's not fair, but people will judge you based on your writing ability. When you write an email at work, your spelling and grammar reflect on the company you work for. So your ability to be hired to a good paying job depends a lot on your ability to write. Use things like Internet forums to practice. The more you write, the better you'll be at writing. It's going to be hard for you--trust me, I do get it--but if you put your mind to it and get help from people who love you, you will eventually do it.

I am an adult...why would i lie about my age? Also are YOU an adult...grown adults dont poke fun of people over petty stuff.

Make sure to check out the Terms of Service thread pinned at the top of the main forum. There are rules to posting here and poor spelling and grammar is one of them. And thank god for that. Also giant blocks of text are super annoying to read. A learning disability is not an excuse to not create a post using paragraphs.

Also, yes we are making fun. Everyone makes fun of each other here. If you can't take getting ribbed on you're not gonna like it here.

Finally, to answer your original question with a serious answer: fave park - BGW (runner up Hershey), least fave - SFA I guess, even though I don't even hate it that much. I just haven't been to any really crappy parks.

Well id appropriate you not make fun of me. It's really immature. Also its not my fault people cant read simple text.

I am an adult...why would i lie about my age? Also are YOU an adult...grown adults dont poke fun of people over petty stuff.

Yes. Yes we do. All the time.

But I guess I've been on this thread long enough to need to actually answer the question posed:

Best park I've ever been to is Disneyland. Worst is Magic Springs, though I will still say that Crystal Falls, their included waterpark, is awesome, and it was the only reason we went.

Yes. Yes we do. All the time.

But I guess I've been on this thread long enough to need to actually answer the question posed:

Best park I've ever been to is Disneyland. Worst is Magic Springs, though I will still say that Crystal Falls, their included waterpark, is awesome, and it was the only reason we went.

I honestly dont get the difference between "big block of text" and long paragraphs...so what im not suppose to make long posts? i seen others do it! long paragraphs or "big blocks of text" its all still a lot of words....so yea

A paragraph is a group of several sentences, beginning with a topic sentence that introduces one central idea. The sentences that follow should support that idea. When you switch topics, you start a new paragraph.

Stringing several ideas together into one long paragraph is hard to follow, and that's what we're calling the "block of text." Just skip a space when you switch topics, like I've just done, and your posts will be easier to read.

Well id appropriate you not make fun of me. It's really immature. Also its not my fault people cant read simple text.

tumblr_mk623vjECY1rlcwuwo1_500.gif.f5586aa4cb98a88a69b49db5517c4b6c.gif

oh by the way...as i forgot to say....no one actually sits down and reads all of the Terms of Service on anything! online or in real life! People,including me,just skim quickly and hit the little square and move on...come on admit it you've done it too.