Knott's Scary Farm 2016 Opening Night Report!

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2016 Opening Night Report!

Postby laqueefa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:32 pm

bert425 wrote:I'm seeing news reports that Knott's pulled the plug on "FEAR VR 5150" due to complaints (mainly from a church and a mental health group)

did you go on that? didn't notice it in your report?

http://laist.com/2016/09/28/knotts_fear_vr.php

Unfortunately, it's dropped for California's Great America too :(
Tigga, please!

"Gelato isn't vegan?"

Re: Knott's Scary Farm 2016 Opening Night Report!

Postby ILoveRides » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:15 am

bert425 wrote:did you go on that? didn't notice it in your report?

We did it the night before opening night. They invited a small group of media outlets to come check it out. They didn't allow any photos or video of the experience though.

Honestly, I'm shocked and disappointed that they cancelled it. It wasn't offensive at all.

Now, as for the experience, it was okay. Worth the $10, but it didn't blow us away. I'm more disappointed about them caving in to the (IMO unfounded) complaints than I am about actually losing the attraction. It was a good attempt, and there were elements we liked, but the tech just isn't quite there yet and it would need a higher budget and some outside-the-box thinking to really turn it into a "must see" attraction.

Personally, I'd rather see them bring back Trapped.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!