What's new for 2017?

a compilation of all ANNOUNCED park additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: What's new for 2017?

Postby larrygator » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Garet wrote:
larrygator wrote:
Garet wrote:Hey Larry it seems Legoland Korea will be 2018, can't seem to find too many articles but here is two: http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3018738 and http://cphpost.dk/news/business/legoland-parks-around-the-world-thriving.html

It's a race to see what happens first. Legoland Korea is still the favorite to beat American Dream

How does American Dream stack up against the dirt down the road that is Universal Studios Korea?

Parts of the complex, such as indoor ski slope, were completed over a decade ago. Definitely past the dirt stage.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:20 am

Just thought I let you know that the Houston Downtown Aquarium coaster is not confirmed yet. It's part of an expansion pad but they need Houston to closed down a section of a busy road that goes between the new land owned. Last I heard, they are still trying to get it approved.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:49 pm

Mrlittle wrote:Just thought I let you know that the Houston Downtown Aquarium coaster is not confirmed yet. It's part of an expansion pad but they need Houston to closed down a section of a busy road that goes between the new land owned. Last I heard, they are still trying to get it approved.

Thanks Ryan, I tend to use rcdb.com as an official source. Keep me in the loop, I'm too lazy to remove it from the list right now. When I saw you post in this thread I thought is was going to be a laughable comment about the other "planned" Houston parks.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby torrecillailla » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:28 pm

There is missing the new ride for Parque Warner Madrid. The director of the park confirmed that a new ride will replace the Batman simulator (Batman: la Sombra del Murciélago). The ride is still unknown but it is rumoured to be a dark ride themed after The Justice League, just like the ones at Six Flags and Warner Bros. Movie World. He says so in this video, minute 3:05.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=BvH7LM1xbQU

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CaptainChaotika » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Also the Intamin 10 inversion going to Wonder Island in St.Petersburg is missing in the list! (Source: the park's website.)

They advertise it with a top speed of 120km/h and a high of ~150 feet. (14 story building, so just an estimate)
Either theyre making false claims or It's a custom design, who knows! At least the picture on their website is showing Altair CCW-0204's heartline rolls...

Edit:
I don't think the park is covered by TPR's index yet as it is a pretty out of the way, but it seems to be a fairly interesting one to me. They have one of the last coasters that was influenced by Anton Schwarzkopf and built by BHS. Which looks pretty cool on the photos on RCDB, but doesn't have a single proper POV uploaded on YT. Just guys screaming something in russian while either filming themselfes or their legs. :/
Oh and there is a Blue Fire Clone, a Screaming Squirrel+El Loco mixture and some super crazy looking spinning rocked carousel there.
Last edited by CaptainChaotika on Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:30 pm.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:27 pm

^Thanks, that's pretty interesting. I totally missed this park but with this new ride I guess it will have a nice collection of coasters.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby dhubbuch » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:05 pm

Definitely Mystic Timbers since KI is my home park and it will instantly be the most fun ride in the park. #WhatsInTheShed

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:24 pm

dhubbuch wrote:Definitely Mystic Timbers since KI is my home park and it will instantly be the most fun ride in the park.

Not sure that it's fair to say it will "instantly be the most fun ride in the park." When you don't even know how it's going to ride yet.

#YouCantJudgeACoasterByItsAnimatedOrRealPOV
Bigger is not always better.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:18 am

^I reckon it'll depend on what's in "the shed."

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:41 am

cfc wrote:^I reckon it'll depend on what's in "the shed."

The shed is going to be a gift shop that your forced to walk through
1.Maverick 2.Lighting Run 3.Fury 4.Afterburn 5.Raptor 6.GoliathSFGAM 7. Storm Chaster 8.Thunderhawk 9.Raging Bull 10.Shivering Timbers 11.Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!