TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags 2017 New Ride Predictions

This Forum is to discuss our predictions for our Home parks (closest big park)

My Home park is Six flags America and I am predicting them to either rmc roar or refurbish whistletop park as DC Super Friends

Edited by ernierocker

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully a mod can change the title to just Six Flags Predictions, as I did think there might as well be a forum to discuss them, as there wasn't already. Yeah, their additions tend to be a lot more similar than Cedar Fair's, but guessing what clone goes where, can be half the fun! It's like one of those quizzes where you're given the answer words, you just need to match them with the right spot!

America - Jester's Wild Ride (relocated from Great America)

Discovery Kingdom - Giant Discovery (No idea for them... Just a shot in the dark)

Fiesta Texas - Intamin Wooden Coaster off of the canyon wall where the 2017 attraction was teased.

Great Adventure - Justice League

Great America - S&S "4D" Free Fly

Great Escape - Another year of the Michigan's Adventure treatment...

La Ronde - Massive attention paid to painting, and updating entire park (The most "yeah, right!" prediction of them all!)

Magic Mountain - Justice League and new DC Themed area

Mexico - S&S "4D" Free Fly

New England - S&S "4D" Free Fly

Over Georgia - Justice League

Over Texas - Larson Loop

St. Louis - S&S "4D" Free Fly

-Obviously, it seems unlikely that there will be four "4D" installations added, but I would think by 2018 the four listed will have theirs. For 2017, New England is a sure thing, and I think Great America is a sound bet as well.

-The long awaited second Intamin woodie is a complete wild card guess, simply because it seems to me that SFFT will add a wooden coaster next. That's probably not what's going there, but hey, what's the fun of making predictions if you can't dream big with some of them!

-SFOT is rumored for a "4D" as well, but that seems unlikely to me. The Larson Loop guess is simply because they don't have one, so why not?

Honestly, unless 5 parks are actually getting Free Flys this year, there is a bit of uncertainty still left regarding some SF parks, when you actually sit down to predict them. As such, this does seem like a worthy thread, at least as much as any prediction thread is worthy!

Hopefully a mod can change the title to just Six Flags Predictions, as I did think there might as well be a forum to discuss them, as there wasn't already. Yeah, their additions tend to be a lot more similar than Cedar Fair's, but guessing what clone goes where, can be half the fun! It's like one of those quizzes where you're given the answer words, you just need to match them with the right spot!

America - Jester's Wild Ride (relocated from Great America)

Discovery Kingdom - Giant Discovery (No idea for them... Just a shot in the dark)

Fiesta Texas - Intamin Wooden Coaster off of the canyon wall where the 2017 attraction was teased.

Great Adventure - Justice League

Great America - S&S "4D" Free Fly

Great Escape - Another year of the Michigan's Adventure treatment...

La Ronde - Massive attention paid to painting, and updating entire park (The most "yeah, right!" prediction of them all!)

Magic Mountain - Justice League and new DC Themed area

Mexico - S&S "4D" Free Fly

New England - S&S "4D" Free Fly

Over Georgia - Justice League

Over Texas - Larson Loop

St. Louis - S&S "4D" Free Fly

-Obviously, it seems unlikely that there will be four "4D" installations added, but I would think by 2018 the four listed will have theirs. For 2017, New England is a sure thing, and I think Great America is a sound bet as well.

-The long awaited second Intamin woodie is a complete wild card guess, simply because it seems to me that SFFT will add a wooden coaster next. That's probably not what's going there, but hey, what's the fun of making predictions if you can't dream big with some of them!

-SFOT is rumored for a "4D" as well, but that seems unlikely to me. The Larson Loop guess is simply because they don't have one, so why not?

Honestly, unless 5 parks are actually getting Free Flys this year, there is a bit of uncertainty still left regarding some SF parks, when you actually sit down to predict them. As such, this does seem like a worthy thread, at least as much as any prediction thread is worthy!

The Larson Superloop for Over Texas is probably not gonna happen. They have said that they do not want one.

4Ds at SFOT, Mexico, and New England. Flat rides from SFGAm to SFA, replaced by Larson Loop at SFGAm. Water park expansion at SFFT. Georgia, Great Adventure, and Magic Mountain with Justice League rides. St. Louis, Great Escape, La Ronde, and Discovery Kingdom with flat rides. Some are much better guesses than others.

Is Six Flags really going to announce the same things over and over on September 1st?

That's going to be the most boring announcement in history. Here's hoping they mix things up with a GCI, Intamin of Mack water ride in there somewhere.

Is Six Flags really going to announce the same things over and over on September 1st?

That's going to be the most boring announcement in history. Here's hoping they mix things up with a GCI, Intamin of Mack water ride in there somewhere.

This year will probably be a lot of relocations.

I could actually see one of those new Mack dive coasters going to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. That would actually be a really nice addition to that park.

Regarding this arguement about Six Flags announcements being "boring", I'm guessing all of these people live next to Cedar Point or Carowinds. Every year, half of Cedar Fair's list consists of "Nothing new next year! But I'm sure (2 years from current year) is OUR year!" I mean, Valleyfair's been waiting for their big year for almost a decade now! You think they wouldn't want a 4D free spin over their off-the-shelf star flyer they're getting next year? Six Flags added that to their bottom parks 5 years ago!

And don't get me started on the people that complain that Six Flags adds too many RMC'S to their parks. Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, Medusa, and Texas Giant are some of the best steel coasters on the planet. Even the bottom of the barrel, drunkenly-designed, drawn-on-a-McDonald's-napkin-at-3-am RMC's are still better than ANYTHING at my homepark.

I could actually see one of those new Mack dive coasters going to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. That would actually be a really nice addition to that park.

Regarding this arguement about Six Flags announcements being "boring", I'm guessing all of these people live next to Cedar Point or Carowinds. Every year, half of Cedar Fair's list consists of "Nothing new next year! But I'm sure (2 years from current year) is OUR year!" I mean, Valleyfair's been waiting for their big year for almost a decade now! You think they wouldn't want a 4D free spin over their off-the-shelf star flyer they're getting next year? Six Flags added that to their bottom parks 5 years ago!

And don't get me started on the people that complain that Six Flags adds too many RMC'S to their parks. Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, Medusa, and Texas Giant are some of the best steel coasters on the planet. Even the bottom of the barrel, drunkenly-designed, drawn-on-a-McDonald's-napkin-at-3-am RMC's are still better than ANYTHING at my homepark.

You do make a good point. We've all been spoiled by the early to mid 2000's and that's just not the way big chains spend anymore.

I really thought Lightning Rod would ignite a mini coaster war, but I was wrong.

What is your Home park. Based on your username I'm guessing it's worlds of fun. Worlds of Fun does have patriot a phenomenal b&m invert. Be greatful your home park isn't six flags america.

La Ronde: I think we'll see a Premier Rides Superman Clone with an overall updated park. If we're really lucky, they'll hustle to dispatch quickly

Six Flags America: 2 relocated flats from SFGAm, and a brand new Trioka as part of a DC themed flats expansion

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Flats expansion like what SFOT got

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: I honestly have no idea, I was thinking maybe a Perilous Plunge style Mack Water Ride where it dives off the cliff into a major splashdown. Otherwise a DC Superfriends area

Six Flags Great Adventure: JL:BFM

Six Flags Great America: Zamperla Air Race or Superloop and new show

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Some sort of Justice League dark ride (maybe a different one than JL:BFM) a couple flats, and a DC Superfriends area. This area is huge and could fit those if they were creative with the layout.

Six Flags Mexico: Zamperla Air Race or Superloop

Six Flags New England: S&S 4D Free Fly

Six Flags Over Georgia: JL:BFM and a Zamperla Air Race

Six Flags Over Texas: S&S 4D Free Fly and Bumper Cars (maybe relocated from SFOG)

Six Flags St. Louis: Splashwater Falls from SFNE. DC Superfriends kids area. Reopen Boomerang under a different name and replace the restraints to something like Blue Hawk at SFOG. Prep for 2018 S&S 4D Free Fly or Premier Rides Superman Clone

Great Escape: Flats and a show. I think we'll also see the repaint of Alpine Bobsleds and prep for the 2018 Gale Force clone.

La Ronde: I think we'll see a Premier Rides Superman Clone with an overall updated park. If we're really lucky, they'll hustle to dispatch quickly

Six Flags America: 2 relocated flats from SFGAm, and a brand new Trioka as part of a DC themed flats expansion

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Flats expansion like what SFOT got

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: I honestly have no idea, I was thinking maybe a Perilous Plunge style Mack Water Ride where it dives off the cliff into a major splashdown. Otherwise a DC Superfriends area

Six Flags Great Adventure: JL:BFM

Six Flags Great America: Zamperla Air Race or Superloop and new show

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Some sort of Justice League dark ride (maybe a different one than JL:BFM) a couple flats, and a DC Superfriends area. This area is huge and could fit those if they were creative with the layout.

Six Flags Mexico: Zamperla Air Race or Superloop

Six Flags New England: S&S 4D Free Fly

Six Flags Over Georgia: JL:BFM and a Zamperla Air Race

Six Flags Over Texas: S&S 4D Free Fly and Bumper Cars (maybe relocated from SFOG)

Six Flags St. Louis: Splashwater Falls from SFNE. DC Superfriends kids area. Reopen Boomerang under a different name and replace the restraints to something like Blue Hawk at SFOG. Prep for 2018 S&S 4D Free Fly or Premier Rides Superman Clone

Great Escape: Flats and a show. I think we'll also see the repaint of Alpine Bobsleds and prep for the 2018 Gale Force clone.

I don't think six flags is gonna install any more skyrocket II models at any of their parks besides maybe la ronde. If they would have done another in the US it would've happened by now.

Since there is already a Cedar Fair thread, I'll do Six Flags.

Magic Mountain: Tough one. In order of probability: 1. Justice League 2. Flat package 3. 20th coaster.

Discovery Kingdom: Major flat ride (drop tower of some sorts?).

Over Texas: S&S 4D Free Spin.

Fiesta Texas: Another tough one. This park may surprise us and add a new quarry wall coaster.

St. Louis: S&S 4D Free Spin.

Great America: Major flat ride. Maybe a Sky Screamer or Larson Loop.

Over Georgia: Justice League.

Mexico: S&S 4D Free Spin. If not, a Larson Loop.

Great Adventure: Justice League.

America: Relocated flats from SFGAm. Possibly a Sky Screamer as well?

New England: S&S 4D Free Spin.

Great Escape: Nothing major. Maybe a small flat ride or water park addition.

It seems a little weird to have 4 Free Spins in one year, but all 4 parks seem to be pointing to that. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of them were the larger extended models.

I'll change it.

Never mind I don't think I can.

Hopefully a mod can change the title to just Six Flags Predictions, as I did think there might as well be a forum to discuss them, as there wasn't already.

Done.

Edited by ernierocker