Child falls off Idlewild roller coaster

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Child falls off Idlewild roller coaster

Postby boldikus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:58 am

Sorry if there is a thread for this park already, I searched and couldnt find it. Mods if there is please move this.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/08/11/child-falls-off-roller-coaster-at-idlewild-park/
http://www.wtae.com/news/child-falls-off-idlewild-roller-coaster/41153660

LIGONIER, Pa. —A child reportedly fell off a roller coaster at Idlewild and SoakZone on Thursday morning, according to Westmoreland County emergency dispatchers.

Firefighters and paramedics were being called to the amusement park in Ligonier. A medical helicopter was also being requested.

It's not yet known which ride the child was on, or how far the youth fell.

The park currently operates two coasters -- Rollo Coaster, with a height requirement of 36 inches, and Wild Mouse, which has a 48-inch requirement.

Cars on the Rollo Coaster do not include seat belts. Riders who are under 48 inches must be accompanied by an adult.

Refresh this page soon for updates.

Bad couple of weeks for kids @ parks. :omg:
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC / SWO/BGT

I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Child falls off Idlewild roller coaster

Postby Sportsdude360 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:39 am

Just heard about this. Prayers go out to the family. :cry:

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby GCI Wooden » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:47 am

Yeah, bad few weeks for parks. It's interesting that they aren't releasing which ride it occurred on. Regardless, hoping for a speedy recovery for all those who were involved.

Now, let's try something new and just wait for the offical report to come out before speculating about every possible aspect of the accident that none of us know anything about.
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby SFOG1991 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:47 am

That's really sad. Does anyone know the condition of the child?

I was really surprised by Rollo Coaster having no seat belts (suggesting that is the ride it happened on). I really enjoyed the classic freedom to it but I questioned the potential danger that freedom has at what is primarily a children's park.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Hopefully this one is nothing more then a few bruises.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby amy_mel » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:22 pm

SFOG1991 wrote:That's really sad. Does anyone know the condition of the child?

I was really surprised by Rollo Coaster having no seat belts (suggesting that is the ride it happened on). I really enjoyed the classic freedom to it but I questioned the potential danger that freedom has at what is primarily a children's park.

Other articles said the child was conscious when taken to the hospital but that was all that was said.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby IsThisTheRealLife » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:29 pm

I recall someone saying the child was 3 years of age.

2016 is officially the worst year ever.
Little High, Little Low.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:39 pm

IsThisTheRealLife wrote:I recall someone saying the child was 3 years of age.

To be fair, how many people have been killed on theme park rides this year? Sure there have been some accidents but very few fatalities. It's actually been sort of a lucky year in that regard. An entire coaster train derailed and crashed into a kiddy ride at M&D's and nobody was killed. It sounds like in this incident the child will likely be fine. Aside from the Verruckt accident what really happened? Someone drowned in a swimming pool at Knoebels which is terrible but doesn't really count. I'm sure there have been others but I can't think of any.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:41 pm

More people died in one day at Kings Island than have all year on rides.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby carsonmadsen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:54 pm

coasterbill wrote:
IsThisTheRealLife wrote:I recall someone saying the child was 3 years of age.

To be fair, how many people have been killed on theme park rides this year? Sure there have been some accidents but very few fatalities. It's actually been sort of a lucky year in that regard. An entire coaster train derailed and crashed into a kiddy ride at M&D's and nobody was killed. It sounds like in this incident the child will likely be fine. Aside from the Verruckt accident what really happened? Someone drowned in a swimming pool at Knoebels which is terrible but doesn't really count. I'm sure there have been others but I can't think of any.

You're right on that. I can't recall there being very many fatalities this year, so I would agree that 2016 has been a lucky year in terms of deaths. I just wish there was a way to prevent all fatalities at all amusement parks worldwide. I mean there is absolutely no reason why anyone should lose their life at an amusement/theme park, there's just no excuse. Sadly more people will continue to be killed at parks no matter what.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!