TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Vietnam's Increasing Coaster Count

There's been topics on the 2 new parks which got all the rides from Hard Rock/Freestyle Music Park before but it seems other parks have started to react to the competition. Instead of several separate news topics it seemed easier to make one whole one for all the little bits of news even though i've sort of included the new additions to those 2 parks here.

Vinpearl Land in Nha Trang was for a long time the most popular park in Vietnam and has for years only had this L&T Systems beast.

This went completely under the radar but I found out today they've just opened this Vekoma mine train with some pretty solid themeing.

More news arrived today as Asia Park in Da Nang (the park which got most of the HRP coasters) has announced the addition of a new Vekoma suspended coaster. Speculation on local forums seems to suggest it will be an SLC although I've seen an article which says SFC. time will tell. The main section of the park opened last year so this will be part of Phase 2 and a decent addition either way.

Ocean Park in Ha Long Bay (where Led Zeppelin ended up) has added two new Vekoma's an SFC and a Roller Skater for the parks opening next year.

This ones a little older but it took a while for images to come out, Vinpearl opened a new park on Phú Quốc island last year.

They built a Vekoma junior boomerang and a roller skater.

Perhaps most interestingly is a news release recently for somewhere called Bạc Liêu

The press release makes it sound pretty big. But who the hell makes coasters in Canada.

One of the most notable games at the resort Nha Mat, (TP Bac Lieu), the roller-coaster, with a total investment cost of nearly 17 billion will be put into operation in November this.

With the system, imported from Canada machinery and length of 2,200 m, this is seen as a modern roller coaster longest and Vietnam. Reportedly, this rollercoaster includes 3 carriages, each carrying 24 people. Once completed and put into use, rollercoaster will attract a lot of people involved, not just the people in Bac Lieu, but also visitors traveling outside the province. Because this game will give visitors the feeling of adventure that few places have.

All in all no ground breaking additions yet. but they are building a nice collection of rides. Considering just a couple of years ago two of the biggest rides in the country were an L&T Systems compact coaster and a knock off loop screw. they are doing pretty well.

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the most notable games at the resort Nha Mat, (TP Bac Lieu), the roller-coaster, with a total investment cost of nearly 17 billion will be put into operation in November this.

With the system, imported from Canada machinery and length of 2,200 m, this is seen as a modern roller coaster longest and Vietnam. Reportedly, this rollercoaster includes 3 carriages, each carrying 24 people. Once completed and put into use, rollercoaster will attract a lot of people involved, not just the people in Bac Lieu, but also visitors traveling outside the province. Because this game will give visitors the feeling of adventure that few places have.

2200m is 7200 feet, which would make it the 4th longest in the world, but 17 Billion dong is like $750K USD, so something doesn't quite add up. It's also going to a resort. Seems to me like it's an Alpine coaster.

Asia Park's engineers said that a Vekoma suspended coaster will be built with a half on land and a half on water surface (I'm just wondering if that a SFC or SLC). Do you guy think that space (mentioned in the photo) is big enough to build a Vekoma SLC?

Asia Park's engineers said that a Vekoma suspended coaster will be built with a half on land and a half on water surface (I'm just wondering if that a SFC or SLC?). Do you guy think that space (mentioned in the photo) is big enough to build a Vekoma SLC?

• 3 months later...

Something else people may have missed from IAAPA. Vekoma announced a new launched coaster model called Firestorm. A model that was confirmed at the Asia Attractions expo as being sold to Vietnam's Vinpearl group for a new park in Thu Thiem. The park will also open a Vekoma mine train which I imagine will be a clone of the one opened at Vinpearl Nha Trang.

Thu Thiem is a new district in Ho Chi Min City being built right now. The IAAPA announcement seen here states the park is already open. I believe this is a misprint but its possible information hasnt leaked out from Vietnam yet.

But back to Firestorm. This new launched coaster certainly carries on Vekomas recent run of excellent new designs.

Veky1.jpg.1c3fc92db093914e479d3493ec8bc6b2.jpg

Veky2.thumb.jpg.33842cbd238e05344699f8df7747cd6b.jpg

A second Firestorm model has been sold to the Chinese Evergrande Group who are constructing a number of projects in China. News on that one when we know more.

for the first time I can actually say "that's a good looking vekoma coaster!"

Then you haven't been paying attention! Everest, Grizzly Mountain, the new launched ride at Energylandia, the new hyper designs they've released...Vekoma has really stepped up their game!

Vekoma are great! Their designed are way more innovative than B and M.

^You do realize that you don't have to keep writing out B&M like that don't you? i don't think i've ever seen anyone write it that way before. Not as though the sentence made sense anyway. I do agree with the statement though, their more recent designs have been fantastic.

^You do realize that you don't have to keep writing out B&M like that don't you? i don't think i've ever seen anyone write it that way before. Not as though the sentence made sense anyway. I do agree with the statement though, their more recent designs have been fantastic.

Well, I could probably ignore him based on the profile quote.

As for this new coaster design, it looks nice. The helix transition straight into a barrel roll looks like something pulled from an RMC design. And I love how the corkscrew's apex threads the vertical loop.

• 5 months later...