TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[VEKOMA] UPDATED 2022 Something is being built @ Vekoma Vlodrop

I really like the idea if it's going to come true. Sounds like the perfect marriage of dark ride and coaster. Would also work for the Donkey Kong cart idea at Universal the way sometime the carts would turn and face each other.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I went for a quick visit today , still nothing changed.

Seems they found something that was unexeceptable or they done finishing testing.

3 rd September 2018 quick visit , nothing has changed

• 4 weeks later...

They took all the chassis off the track except for the bare chassis where I posted pictures yesterday.

The individual coaches of Knott's Berry Farm (Boomerang), who were still standing by the container yesterday, are no longer present on the site. I assume they are inside to work on.

The intermediate coaches (I call it "weight coaches") and the last coach with chassis are at a different place on the test-site, near the spike of the track.

New images (23-10-2018) no changes, but some pictures have a better view and different angle.

f9a084013fea4bad3ff72b89cb08ee2c.jpg

4bbc868d654cc97d57bbd8747beadc91.jpg

ac21893ae4261f23af5284f687cfdd7d.jpg

PS : The trackpiece with the "Turbo Föhn"(FLY) is not longer on the Vekoma ground.

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting that it's Disney filing for the patent and not Vekoma.
Doesn't Imagineering usually do the design and Vekoma just manufactures thr track? I think I remember hearing that with 7DMT.

Disney probably got the patent to discourage competitors from using and / or developing a similar system. They give Vekoma permission to use the patent to build the actual coaster system and, boom, collaboration. Disney gets their patented coaster concept and both companies reap the monetary rewards. For all we know, Phantasialand could be patenting whatever system is being put in place for their upcoming flying coaster.

Pretty much all of the stuff that Vekoma has done for Disney since Expedition Everest has been bespoke to their needs. The only coaster you could maybe argue was an existing ride system purchase (from Vekoma) would be Tron Lightcycle Power Run but it's so unique compared to the other existing motorbike coasters with the different track, launch system, vehicle design, disabled access seat...

From what I have come to understand, Disney has often worked under the mentality that the attraction system should always, always serve the story, even if a completely new system has to be made from scratch. Whether that's the "best" approach always depends on who you talk to.

Cool, thanks for the explanation.

From what I have come to understand, Disney has often worked under the mentality that the attraction system should always, always serve the story, even if a completely new system has to be made from scratch. Whether that's the "best" approach always depends on who you talk to.

Yes they do, and this is one of the many reasons I'm a fan.

Pretty much all of the stuff that Vekoma has done for Disney since Expedition Everest has been bespoke to their needs. The only coaster you could maybe argue was an existing ride system purchase (from Vekoma) would be Tron Lightcycle Power Run but it's so unique compared to the other existing motorbike coasters with the different track, launch system, vehicle design, disabled access seat...

Yeah when you look at Tron and compare it to the older Vekoma motorbike coasters, it is basically completely different in every way design-wise, the idea is the same but the track and trains are a different design entirely as far as I can tell.

I'm sure we'll see and hear more at the IAAPA Attractions Expo this week, but Vekoma has detailed the improvements to their flying coaster designs on their shiny new website. Take a look!

https://www.vekoma.com/flying-coasters

Specifically, they're now confirming the rotating seats that we've come to understand will be on Phantasialand's new coaster. There's also some cool new concept images of new layouts for their existing coaster types.