USA 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P.16 - NYC! Scott's Pizza Tour! Matilda! Statue of Liberty!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: USA 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:53 am

robbalvey wrote:Every one of his posts are horrible. You're not alone.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Glad to hear it's not just me.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby DILinator » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:25 am

robbalvey wrote:Image
Who would rather be going through Hydra's JoJo roll over whatever you're doing right now?

Me!!! :b

Who is happy that Cedar Fair decided to keep Demon Drop "in the family?"

Me!!! :lover:

This (in addition to the Hydra pic above) would make for a great desktop image! Regardless of whether or not it's a great ride (I'd still love to find out personally someday!), Hydra is certainly very photogenic!
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:58 am

Yes, as "clunky" as they are, I do like those first-generation Intamin drop rides, like Demon Drop.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby The Geek Mojo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:09 am

Great report so far! All of these are great parks, but I've only visited Cedar Point out of the mix so far this year...Still making plans to visit Dollywood as well. I got a chance to ride the four mountain coasters in the Smokies back in March...They're great fun! Definitely a must when visiting the area...At least to try once. I have to say I think the Gatlinburg Moutain Coaster was my favorite. It was the shortest but definitely the fastest. I'm hoping to visit some of these other parks in your report next year.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:40 pm

Yesss, I love how under-rated Dorney Park is! A lot of people give them a hard time, so I went with bare-minimum expectations and loved the place. It might be a little "Cedar Fair blacktop and trash cans" in appearance, but Possessed packs a good punch, Hydra may be light on forces, but is a HUGE refresher compared to the more "cookie-cutter" floorless coasters, and I thought Talon was one of the better inverts when riding in the back row.

Plus it has some of the "Pennsylvania old school charm", retaining a whip ride, the classic woodie, and with the addition of Demon Drop, despite being a transplant.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby CedarFanboy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:57 pm

I'll be at Dorney Park next Saturday to get some rides on the worlds best mine train and my favorite B&M duo. And of course, the log flume will NOT be forgotten! For some reason, I just really love going to Dorney. That might be because my local park is Six Flags Trashmerica though...

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Does Dorney Park have an obsession with railings? I mean they have railings everywhere!
They have:

Railings here
Railings there
Railings in the que
Railings in my view

As you can see, there are a lot of railing, and I'm afraid that it's because Dorney is reacting to a trend caused by GP who like to wander off pathways or hop the line. I hope this trend stops! :wtf:
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:57 pm

Sick freestyle
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby comet » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:22 pm

Nice trip report! Cedar Point gets better every time I visit. The Valravn area looks really nice on the midway. Looking forward to my daughter hitting the 52" mark, hopefully next year. Nice job KT on those enormous coasters!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby JordyC » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:06 am

Gnome wrote:Does Dorney Park have an obsession with railings? I mean they have railings everywhere!
They have:

Railings here
Railings there
Railings in the que
Railings in my view

:nina: :nina:
<< Quality Over Quantity >>

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Red Force - Ferrari Land 9. Balder - Liseberg 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 136 || Parks: 26

PortAventura Park || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg ||Holiday Park, Europa-Park & Plopsa Coo || Walibi Holland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!