TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Legendia Park Discussion Thread

The coaster officially opens tomorrow on July 1!

Coaster looks pretty decent and could be a big player in the compact coaster market. If the numbers reported are correct and that it costs just 4.36M euros or about 5M USD small parks in the US could afford to buy this. This could be Vekoma's next wide spread clone b/c everybody can afford it. The next Vekoma Boomerang? It could be a compact dynamo of a coaster for the cost concerned independent parks and for Six Flags.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...It seems very smooth to me.

Did we watch the same POV?? From the POV it sure seems like this ride still has some of the Vekoma roughness to it.

That being said, it could just be poor use of the camera, and mount... But it really doesn't look "very smooth." Either way, it looks awesome!

Can't wait for the reports to start coming in about this ride!!

I come not only with a report, but a POV as well:

Is Lech Coaster smooth? Definitely. It has a slight rattle/vibrations, akin to some Intamin or B&M rides, but nothing really disruptive (for instance I got more annoying vibrations on Helix or Alpina Blitz than on Lech).

Then the layout itself is really, really smooth and flows so well. Not a single jerk. The pacing is also great and doesn't fade away toward the end as we could imagine from videos. No, even the pop to the brakes, or the tiny S-turn before that gives amazing EJECTOR.

And by ejector, I mean it. All the airtime in Lech Coaster is ejector. From the drop to the end. Only the sideway hill is more of a floater, but it's still frank. The inversion through the station is amazing and throws you out of the seat as well.

In hindsight, I have nothing negative to say about Lech. Maybe we can say the vest restraint is more restrictive than a lap-bar only, and that'd be true. But the vest was rather loose and did not press you too much on the collar bones, like B&M wing riders' and the older vest restraint trains from Vekoma do, I found. The bar keeps you firmly in your seat, tho, so those who like to have room for airtime might feel frustrated.

Other than that, the layout is great and varied, awesome pacing, nice lenght... Plus, the park gave it a really nice queue inside of the U-turn which give awesome interaction, and it also has a preshow with an animated short movie. There's a background music and employees have dedicated outfit. They really did things right!

-

By the way, if you don't dig tight harnesses, the park also got this Soquet looping coaster...

19955924_10213450149395945_879451135706369275_o.jpg?oh=48e3cd43d97c1cc2250f238db0c76e88&oe=5A120E0B

This is me being upside down without touching the bars at all (and yes, the harness is "closed". It can only lock at one position).

Edited by KingRCT3

In hindsight, I have nothing negative to say about Lech.

Thanks for the review! It is awesome to hear that the ride is indeed as good as it looks. I can't wait to try it out myself!

Now to get to Poland next year when that Intamin opens

Exactly, I'll be waiting untill next year to go to Poland to visit both Legendia and Energylandia.

I wish to see more Lech Coasters around the world for sure, but with custom layouts! Or we will get tired of it relatively quickly, and that'd be a bummer.

Anyway, for those coming to Poland next year, Legendia will also open a new ride called Bazyliszek. Most likely a dark-ride, hmmmm.

They will also do a make-over of the area around the Soquet looper. From what I understand, they like to keep their old attractions but revamp them. It's great to keep a Rainbow Huss, an Enterprise or that Flying Planes antiquity... although I'm not sure it's cool to keep that double-loop coaster. The two days I went, it was closed in the morning for "technical difficulties". They'd better get rid of it.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
It appears Bazyliszek is a trackless, custom made shooting dark ride. An interesting investment for a small park.

That's what Enchanted Forest in Oregon did. Got their own trackless ride from Sally Corp.

Weren't they one of the first small parks to have one of these rides built? Think so.

I love it that even smaller parks are getting into having the trackless dark ride tech.

Oops. Didn't see that the above was posted a couple of years ago.

Oh well. Hope it's opened and has done well for the park.

I have to say that, without Zadra being open during our recent Poland trip, the BEST Roller Coaster in Poland we rode was Lech Coaster at Legendia!

Have been looking forward to this video!

This was one of my favorite coasters on the Europe trip. My coaster-nerd review was "mini-I305 with a GeForce drop and RMC-style inversions." I didn't even complain about the vests! Seriously, they were pretty comfortable.

Now we wait for more of these to get built...

It appears Bazyliszek is a trackless, custom made shooting dark ride. An interesting investment for a small park.

That's what Enchanted Forest in Oregon did. Got their own trackless ride from Sally Corp.

Weren't they one of the first small parks to have one of these rides built? Think so.

I love it that even smaller parks are getting into having the trackless dark ride tech.

Oops. Didn't see that the above was posted a couple of years ago.

Oh well. Hope it's opened and has done well for the park.

We got to ride it twice and loved it! I was really surprised to see such a well-done, seemingly expensive dark ride at this small city park. But all the additions and changes Legendia is making are fantastic.

Lech was one of my favorite coasters of the trip as well—maybe even my second favorite! I was shocked at how fun, smooth, and unpredictable it was, and I agree that the new Vekoma vests it has are probably the most comfortable vest restraints yet.