TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Bullet Stuck Like a Duck

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the comments on that one:

Michelle Lee Green · East Central University

I would have to say it's time to retire the silver bullet, ND get something new..

Like · Reply · 1 hr

Quoc Vo · Janitorial Assistant at Lazar Imports

When this roller coaster was designed, the engineers had no idea we'd have so many obese kids riding it.

Like · Reply · 7 · 1 hr

Mark Henderson

Shut that MOTHER DOWN!!

Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Matt DeLana · Owner at Self-employed

And this is yet another prime example why I don't get on roller coasters. I'm not gonna be a statistic. No, thanks!

Like · Reply · 5 · 3 hrs

Scott J Walker · Chief Executive Officer at SmartAsses R Us

Come on Matt... where's your sense of adventure!

Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

Matt DeLana · Owner at Self-employed

Scott...that is reserved for the bedroom. LoL

Gotta love the comments on that one:

Quoc Vo · Janitorial Assistant at Lazar Imports

When this roller coaster was designed, the engineers had no idea we'd have so many obese kids riding it.

Like · Reply · 7 · 1 hr

I'm without words.

I have always thought that it would be kinda cool to be evacuated from a coaster on a lift hill or brake run, but I would not want to be in the front car of that one. Yikes.

What really grinds my gears is the idiotic comments that can be seen on social media and on the news pages from the general public. It was more than likely a simple lift hill malfunction which is probably one of the least dangerous malfunctions to occur on a coaster, yet it is getting blown way out of perspective. Furthermore there are people up in an uproar actually calling for it to be closed and demolished as it is "unsafe" and a disaster waiting to happen. smh

Someone else finally mentioned it and described it perfectly that it's like "demoing your house when a breaker flips" if theme parks applied that sort of logic to their attractions all the time.

oh no, it got stuck on the lift time to shut down all coasters ever made

Goliath at SFFT got stuck on the lift three times in a row today and it's a Batman clone.

They didn't evac it because the train was empty, but they did get it fixed eventually.

I mean, we obviously know this is all a matter of course and there isn't anything terribly scary about a coaster stopping on a lift hill. The location in this particular instance was terrible due to the lack of a catwalk extension, but ultimately everyone got off with just a bit of climbing over some seats.

However, from the park's perspective I could see this as a big mark against the Silver Bullet. Bad PR like this can linger around, and that hurts attractions far more than routine mechanical issues. Plus FC is short on usable space as it is, so I could certainly see this causing them to look into the possibility of an "upgrade". I would miss SB, but I wouldn't mind a brand new G-fighter or compact Mack looper.