Nagashima Spa Land (NSL) Discussion Thread

TR shows off Arashi
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: Nagashima Spa Land (NSL) Discussion Thread

Postby tanthonyam » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Any video out there of those massive pirate ships in action?

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Garet » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:37 am

I think Everland may have the same massive double ones, honestly I think they may be less exciting than regular ones, although it is cool looking around and seeing like 100 people on it with you. I've don't think I've ever seen the far side running even on crazy busy days when lines have hit 90 minutes-2 hours which is a shame because that would be cool to see with 200 people.

I did manage to find this really old video of both sides by searching in Korean for it

P1010116.jpg
P1160965.jpg
P1160968.jpg

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby vistaway » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:30 am

Re: the pirate ships, the onsen (spa) had a great year-by-year history of the parks on the walls. The small one actually came first, and then the giant double ships in 1985. So I am guessing that the first small one was really popular, which pushed them to get the big ones.

They were only running one ship the day I was there, which was fine as the capacity of a single one is insane. Each ship has two lap bars per row, and I am guessing could fit 10-12 across. It's at least twice as wide and long as a typical pirate ship ride. The experience was similar to a regular one, IMHO. The cycle was pretty long. I'm not a fan of these rides as much as I used to be, so I tend to favour the middle rows. But it felt like a typical ship.

I really liked their kids' area. I didn't realize they moved some big rides out of there to create it. Makes sense.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!