TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fireball - New custom junior boomerang for Furuvik, Sweden

Furuvik just announced that they will build Fireball, a custom Vekoma junior boomerang for 2017, it will be the biggest single investment in the parks history at about 30 million SEK ($3.7 million).

The ride will be 210 m long and 23 m tall with a top speed of 60 km/h. Capacity is rated at 750 pp/h. The theme will be a circus from around 1900.

About Furuvik

Furuvik is a small park situated close to the city of Gävle, around 170 km north of Stockholm. Since 2010 it has been owned by Parks & Resorts, who also owns Gröna Lund, Skara Sommarland and Kolmården.

Currently the park has around 260k visitors per year, and a very short season (end of may to end of august).

Notable rides in the park are Rocket, which was formerly known as Black Hole at Alton Towers, Extreme, the Mondial Top Scan from Gröna Lund which was moved here in 2013. There is also a Zamperla Disco and a Wacky Worm, among a few other rides.

The park also has animals, mostly primates (monkeys) and a small water park with a splash zone and two body slides. A bit more unusual is the fact that there is a coastal defence battery from the cold war that is included in the admission as a museum.,

All in all I think this is a solid addition to the park and it's good to see Parks & Resorts continue to do unique investments in all their parks across the country.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the concept art looks off, but tit seems like this could be a clone of Velociraptor at Paultons

I thought the same thing. However the lift hills are on opposite sides. For some reason Vekoma aren't cloning lots of their family boomerang coasters. It seems the King of Klone has stopped?

I know the concept art looks off, but tit seems like this could be a clone of Velociraptor at Paultons

I thought the same thing. However the lift hills are on opposite sides. For some reason Vekoma aren't cloning lots of their family boomerang coasters. It seems the King of Klone has stopped?

Velociraptor has the lift hill and spike at opposite sides and practically the same layout. Since concept art is never 100% accurate it seems very likely that it could be a clone of that ride.

My only 'thing' about it is, why put mangled track at the end of the incline? Why not something

more interesting for the entire family? A character figure, maybe, looking at them as they advance towards 'it'.

Then falling back away from 'it.'

Other than that, great looking design, and I love the theming of the station! The surrounding ground area looks neat, too.

This is really great news! This park is small and relatively unknown for most, but it's the place where Gröna Lund's Topscan and Alton Tower's Black Hole went.

I have so many wonderful memories from this place as a child, it is so nice to see them getting some serious love. This type of ride is exactly what they need in order to keep growing. Hopefully it's the start of a wonderful new era for the park.

I'm really in love with the theme from the concept art!

The ride will be placed in the main tivoli area, in front of the haunted castle.

Furuvik.thumb.png.cbd031f68d697b146cfdbb3a910d33b2.png

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
A character figure, maybe, looking at them as they advance towards 'it'.

Then falling back away from 'it.'

'It'? Circus theme?

Can't be...

Oh no!!

BTW I'm okay with mangled track at the end, too. No big deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The new hotel wont be the only addition in 2018. The current fright attraction "Spökborgen" will be rebuilt and become Swedens first interactive dark ride.

"In the new attraction, which is yet to be named, the guests will be able to compete against each other and collect points by scaring away ghosts and other scary things"

The investment is 25 million SEK, just shy of 3 million usd.