Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

Cedar Point and our first ever ride on Steel Vengeance!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby LiftThrill » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:27 am

Awesome TR as usual! I haven't been to WDW in forever because it usually costs an arm and a leg to get in :lol:
1. Millennium Force | 2. New Texas Giant | 3. Outlaw Run | 4. Maverick | 5. Iron Rattler | 6. The Voyage | 7. Goliath (SFGAm) | 8. Time Traveler | 9. Raging Bull | 10. Diamondback

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:55 am

Great report!

Your thoughts on Seven Dwarfs sum up mine perfectly. It's a fine attraction and I'd ride it if it didn't pull the longest line in the park. While I know I could get on fast with the enter at closing trick, I'd much rather get that last ride on Space Mountain.

And then Flight of Passage really is a masterpiece. There are many reasons that ride is so immersive, but I also think being that close to the screen helps as well.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby deguy123 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:52 am

coasterbill wrote:Flight of Passage is one of the most amazing rides I've ever experienced in my entire life and it was an amazing way to end our two days at Disney. It makes every other motion simulator I've ridden look like a steaming pile of sh*t and it's a serious contender for the best ride at Walt Disney World. I could gush about this thing for days, and I'm honestly STILL trying to process it.

I feel the same way and I had never seen the movie! It actually made me want to watch the movie finally, which I did! I just kept saying "OMG" the whole ride and I didn't even take my eyes off the screen! Its truly the best ride I've even been on!

It's up there with my buzzed night drinking on Helix 10 times in row!

North East Trip 2011

LeviaTHON 2012

Scandi 2014

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:19 am

coasterbill wrote: By the way... it was really surprising to me that Disney's food prices seem entirely reasonable for a theme park. Sure, things aren't as cheap as they would be outside of the park, but compared to Six Flags, Cedar Fair or Universal I found them to be quite reasonable. I forget what kind of beer I had (they only had one or two things so I think it was some crap like Bud Light), but $7.50 for a beer at Disney World isn't really all that bad... especially not when Great Adventure charges $10.

I totally agree and have to explain this to people all the time. Is it more expensive than McDonalds? Yes....... is it considerably different than any other park/movie theater/concert/sporting event out there? Not really, and for the most part the food is really pretty good! The beef bowls in the Satuli Canteen, or some of the options in the Harambe Market are seriously really good for like $12-$15, I would go there for lunch once a month if it were down the street. Hell a burger, fries and a drink at 5 Guys will cost ya $15 these days. Complaining about food/drinks being expensive at Disney is just kind of a lazy/ignorant take (especially considering they let you bring in outside food and beverage).

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:31 am

Thanks guys!!!

Hilltopper39 wrote:Complaining about food/drinks being expensive at Disney is just kind of a lazy/ignorant take (especially considering they let you bring in outside food and beverage).

Oh for sure.

If Disney charged $15 for a bottled beer I would be perfectly okay with that because I was at Disney World and there's a perception that food would be expensive. I remember walking into Starbucks with Robb and everyone at Magic Kingdom which was the first time we had a line where I happened to look at the prices (not that I cared... I'd have paid $10 for a Latte because like... it's the Magic Kingdom and I'm on vacation so who cares?) and I remember being absolutely amazed at how reasonable everything was. I'm pretty sure the Starbucks on the Jersey Turnpike is more expensive.

If anyone complains about food prices at Disney I'd just assume that they never actually went there. Compared to Six Flags, Cedar Fair, Universal or practically any sports stadium (shut up Falcon's fans, 28-3), their prices are great even though they don't have to be. I thought that was great.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby pfalcioni » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:02 am

Another great post! Effectively dealing with rain at WDW means you can have an awesome day when everyone else seems to be melting like wicked witches. It's like winning the theme park gymkhana or something.

I'm a Disney geek, why did I not hear about the super awesome Maleficent dragon float immolating? I love the dragon float! Poor dragon, I know he's evil and stuff but still, dang.

As we began walking it started to rain again which was a real bummer since I was drinking a Bud Light out of a plastic cup and the last thing Bud Light needs is to be watered down any more than it already is.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Wait times are so weird at WDW, you're right about Pan, the only thing it has going for it is middle-aged idiots like me remember riding it as a kid and liking it ever so much better than the terrifying Snow White's Scary Adventures. We still ride it every time we're at DL or MK, but it's rope drop or nuthin', I'm not waiting in a 50+ minute line for a short old dark ride made with wood cutouts and a nice paint job.

I've only gotten one ride on Flight of Passage and I totally agree with you. It is beyond amazing, everything about it is immersive and feels so darned real. Now THIS is a ride I'd wait 90 minutes for.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:13 am

I will never understand the wait for Pan either. It's a fine dark ride if you wait 10-15 minutes for but I will never understand the fascination of why people will wait 90-120 minutes for it. Is this just another example where to all of us, a "suspended dark ride" is old hat, but just proves the often argued theory that to thousands of people who visit Walt Disney World every day that even things that are decades old, those guests are experiencing it for the "first time" and they are WOWed by it?

That's the only logical explanation I can think of.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby x2isawesome » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:30 pm

Glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like Peter pan. It always has a stupid long line and other than it being a capacity thing, I never got why.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:33 pm

^ Because you're flyyyyyyyyyyyying! ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby JG-77 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:53 pm

My personal theory is that the line is ~40% "Omg it flies!", ~30% "Omg it's Peter Pan!", and ~30% "Its got a long line so it has to be good!"
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!