Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

Six Flags Great Adventure & the Hotel Responsible for Snooki
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby CaptainUnknown » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:19 pm

I definitely agree on the level of themeing in Cobra's queue, but it virtually stops at the station. And it's not the rise or the drop on Falcon's Fury--it's the tilt. I just wish it had a longer drop.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:00 am

I have an Allegiant kind of horror story from last year when my sister and I flew down to Florida to meet our parents, who had flown down on Southwest a few days before us. (For those asking how we got back, we all flew Southwest together a week later.) Our flight was delayed about two hours out of Grand Rapids and they never bothered to update the info board at the airport. Also, once we got on the plane, we were on the ground for an hour before we actually took off. Two good things about Allegiant: It's cheaper than competitors (most of the time; even with all of their fees) and they fly into Sanford, which despite it being way out of Orlando (a solid hour plus to the main tourist strip) is a much more manageable airport to get around compared to MCO (within 10 minutes of getting off the plane, we had our luggage).
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:39 am

It really sucks that I got f%cked out of moving to Tampa and working there. I probably would have had a 2nd home at BGT as that is probably my favorite park in the world (or at least tied with CP). Still bitter about that entire ordeal.

Mich Ultra labeled as a premium beer? True definition of klassy right there. :lol:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Great report. Busch Gardens Tampa is up there with Silver Dollar City for the parks I most need to visit in the United States.

Allegiant really came through for you guys. Best part is that they quickly notified you of the inevitable delay. Stupid Delta didn't alert me of a 3 hour delay in Atlanta until I got to the airport.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, New Texas Giant, Millennium Force
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Postby bert425 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:26 pm

Loved our trip to BGT.

too bad you didn't make it up to Weekie Watchee to see the mermaids!

:p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Jameslofton » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:30 pm

coasterbill wrote:
I ended up with a pretzel dog, while Brit went for one of those awesome bacon pretzels. Honestly I could never pick a favorite, they're both awesome but it felt like a pretzel dog kind of day.

IMG_5104.JPG

Dear mother of God those pretzels look scrum-diddly-umptious. Ever since childhood, any time I'm at a mall, fair, or park, one thing I'm guaranteed to eat is a pretzel.

While I chose Cedar Point as my big trip next year(maybe Kings Island as the bonus), high on the list for the next trip is Dollywood, Carowinds, or Bush Gardens. Those pretezels alone may have moved BG up a notch.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Jameslofton wrote:
coasterbill wrote:
I ended up with a pretzel dog, while Brit went for one of those awesome bacon pretzels. Honestly I could never pick a favorite, they're both awesome but it felt like a pretzel dog kind of day.

The attachment IMG_5104.JPG is no longer available

Dear mother of God those pretzels look scrum-diddly-umptious. Ever since childhood, any time I'm at a mall, fair, or park, one thing I'm guaranteed to eat is a pretzel.

Usually those are Auntie Anne's and they're not all that special--especially compared to the awesomeness that is:
DSCN0233.JPG
The Bacon Pretzel Fury
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:56 pm

Wetzels is better than Auntie Anne's but Busch beats both.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, New Texas Giant, Millennium Force
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Jameslofton » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:00 am

I'd agree but that's a close call. I rarely go to the mall anymore but when I'd go to the mall here in Modesto, I'd get Auntie's on my way in and swing by Wetzel's on my way out.

That BGW pretzel is making my mouth water.

I only eat them with mustard. An old girlfriend would smother hers in cheese. I tried it once and IMO the two just aren't a good combo.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:32 am

^First, hello from a former resident of Stanislaus County (Patterson, on the West Side).

Second, thanks for the detailed BGT report. It's been awhile since I've visited that park (have yet to ride Falcon's Fury and Cobra's Curse).

Third, why did BGW give up on the pretzel wrapped bacon?
Last edited by cfc on Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:32 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!