TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Asia Park in DaNang, Vietnam

Following this forum post I wrote on possible parks in Vietnam the rides could be going to I have been keeping an eye on each of them and its paid off today.

Turns out The Vekoma Mine Train previously known as Iron Horse/Eagles: Life In The Fast Lane has turned up at the under construction Asia Park in Da Nang.

There is still plenty of construction on going and It’s possible if not extremely likely that some of the other rides will turn up soon including the B&M built Time Machine/Led Zeppelin.

Source

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
More construction from Vietnam.

It may not be people's favorite coaster but considering the best open ride in the country at the moment is probably a Vekoma junior boomerang this is a big step up.

South Carolina's, well, loss (for lack of a better term) is Vietnam's gain.

It may not be people's favorite coaster but considering the best open ride in the country at the moment is probably a Vekoma junior boomerang this is a big step up.

South Carolina's, well, loss (for lack of a better term) is Vietnam's gain.

If I had a nickle for everytime someone said these exact words, I'd be a whole 5 cents richer.

How did you get the information about the fate of these rides?

Just good old graft and hard work. I wrote an article before we knew where they were going http://www.vhcoasters.com/?p=2864 and researched every possible park. Then just kept visiting Vietnamese news sites and local forums till something turned up on the rides.

Looks like the old mine train is almost complete at Asian Park in Da Nang now.

Iron1.jpg.bdfd36b238369dbbc3c74c13f7ec6003.jpg

Iron2.jpg.26b5b6a441b12b7c44d3617676eeeb1b.jpg

Iron3.jpg.a7d9aed9e37fff490b2f0d9f455291d6.jpg

Iron4.jpg.170965fb4878eb23a5b414baf3289255.jpg

Iron5.thumb.jpg.a8f068268b0b1c8133c18fba865c42cc.jpg

Just good old graft and hard work. I wrote an article before we knew where they were going http://www.vhcoasters.com/?p=2864 and researched every possible park. Then just kept visiting Vietnamese news sites and local forums till something turned up on the rides.

Looks like the old mine train is almost complete at Asian Park in Da Nang now.

Can you give examples websites you used?

Edit: I may have found them already.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow reply.

Have been on Holiday this week.

Can you give examples websites you used?

Edit: I may have found them already.

Well google to start then it's just a process of trawling results. The usual suspects tend to be the best

For example there is a Facebook Page called Where In Da Nang which sometimes covers the Da Nang park. And Twitter is handy. The trick is to put the time in searching in other languages than English.

China for example has weibo which is their version of twitter. Great for breaking news and i often use posts there to find out what to search google for.

Sites like Skyscrapercity and Gaoloumi are also good. SCC for places like Turkey and Iraq while Gaoloumi is more asian stuff.

Anyway here are some more shots of the rides. Looks like the Asian Park ones are pretty much done now. No sign of the Premier though.

Dananger1.jpg.8397ff25811017bfcc913108f8f09600.jpg

hard1.jpg.6d7dd19f1fe7856e3ef31617e31b8246.jpg

danangmine.jpg.7850a90cc0b03b5a90039afe02900b50.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...