TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Land Of Legends Construction

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But does anybody know why the drops aren't really steep on these? A steeper first drop would make these rides much better.

Because they are made for families.

Nearly 200ft drop, 52 in height requirement, yeah, Divertical definitely is one helluva family ride.

^That's what I was thinking. I mean, it might be a tame ride but I'd say the fact that it's so tall is as intimidating as having a steep drop would be.

I recently had someone try to explain to me that the DeLorean was misjudged by the media as a sports car, which led to it being misjudged as bad since it can't get up to the 88MPH famed in Back To The Future without being pushed or dropped off a building. I asked him how many seats it had - he responded correctly with "two". I asked him who designed it: he knew that too and that the guy is most well known for designing supercars. I asked him how much it cost when it came out: the equivalent of $65,000 today. Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, probably going to be assumed to be a duck by the public. Same goes with a 150 or 200 foot tall water coaster. No ride with that big a drop is going to be marketable as a family attraction.

If I had to guess, having a more shallow drop may allow rolling friction to keep the speeds down for when it hits the water. But that's purely a guess.

• 1 year later...

Requisitioning this old topic as it seemed relevant now Phase 2 of Land Of Legends at Rixos World is under construction

Phase 2 is the theme park section of the resort and will be built adjacent to the water park with the Intamin Water Coaster

The park is confirmed to be getting a clone of Flash the Mack Hyper Coaster at Lewa World in China.

And as of December the ride went vertical

Land1.thumb.JPG.8a44d6cbb73799f855003c827fa6ffff.JPG

Land2.thumb.JPG.63086acce77db3f7dc4c905b4f4b1c18.JPG

Source

The park is also getting a 2nd smaller coaster of some kind although its currently not known to me at least what type.

Sorry for double post but heres some more recent construction shots showing among other things the HUGE loop supports going in.

mack1.jpg.0e021e44549d572bd9144e48d9e0ba84.jpg

Mack3.jpeg.b649d7c75c9a10126f5471bdca890e2b.jpeg

Mack4.JPG.4d0b1b0fc1e6a1683f88ebd07e7406e3.JPG

Source

Also drew up a rough diagram from recent Satellite imagery. (early Jan) which very roughly shows the Flash clone layout in Red and circled in Blue what appears to be some more footers for a different coaster.

Comparison.jpg.fb473b3bf3952b22a040ecbbd97f0a4a.jpg

• 2 months later...