TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Roller Coaster Type from RMC Rocky Mountain Construction

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they mentioned the fact that RMC was working on 7 different projects that included one which was "shipped to Japan", I'm assuming it was the track for the S&S free spin that already opened up this year over there. I believe that some of those others of the 7 may also be the manufacturing of more S&S track. I may be wrong though.

Regardless, this video got me really hyped! I really hope Georgia Cyclone is one of those projects. We already have the RMC Mean Streak/Hurler projects and the Mean Streak one will most likely break some records.

Edited by Jccoasterfan

Most definitely. But with 5 other projects coming we know nothing about, surely makes that comment interesting. This is gonna be a fun (and awful) off season.

My assumption is that some of those projects are other companies having RMC make their track. For instance they make the track for the S&S Free Spin. I also know they are making the track for the Skywarp. If he included these third party projects it is impossible for us to tell how many actual RMC coasters are coming next year from this comment.

Most definitely. But with 5 other projects coming we know nothing about, surely makes that comment interesting. This is gonna be a fun (and awful) off season.

My assumption is that some of those projects are other companies having RMC make their track. For instance they make the track for the S&S Free Spin. I also know they are making the track for the Skywarp. If he included these third party projects it is impossible for us to tell how many actual RMC coasters are coming next year from this comment.

Ugh... you're probably right, deflating some of my excitement. I gotta admit, I'm a bit thin on the Free Spin rides. They're fun, but not all that exciting.

Yeah there's no way RMC has 7 of their own coasters for 2018 in the works, especially since rumor has it they were overwhelmed in 2016 with 4 projects. So I'm assuming it'll go something like:

2 iron horses (Hurler and Mean Streak)

1 Raptor

4 Free spin (China, Japan, and 2 Six Flags parks)

Let's assume for a moment that the Raptor actually has an elevated launch like in the tester. Which is more likely, that it launches from the station or from a midcourse brake run?

Yeah, no

Obviously this means that the Mean Streak conversion will have a launched MCBR.

Yeah there's no way RMC has 7 of their own coasters for 2018 in the works, especially since rumor has it they were overwhelmed in 2016 with 4 projects. So I'm assuming it'll go something like:

1 Raptor

So no Georgia Cyclone?

1 Raptor

So no Georgia Cyclone?

I guess you could swap out one of the Free Spins for Cyclone if it's indeed happening.

1 Raptor

Can you comment on the number of full time employees, part time employees and freelance contractors working at/for RMC in 2016, 2017 and 2018 to help justify your assumption which is based on a rumor?

1 Raptor

Can you comment on the number of full time employees, part time employees and freelance contractors working at/for RMC in 2016, 2017 and 2018 to help justify your assumption which is based on a rumor?

Well I did say "I'm assuming", and "rumor has it", so nothing nothing I stated was intended as fact. I thought it was pretty clear that I was merely speculating, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Didn't RMC say that they would not be producing track for the free spins anymore.

Where did you hear this? Aren't they also doing the track for the new SkyWarp from Skyline Attractions.

I think it might have bee in the Six Flags 2017 announcement thread.

Didn't RMC say that they would not be producing track for the free spins anymore.

This is a recent pic from the RMC factory, and there appears to be free spin track behind the raptor and trex pieces.

Is this the same piece of TREX track we saw a year ago? I heard they were having difficulties developing a lift system with the TREX track.

Are we for sure convinced that Kennywood and Silverwood are NOT happening? I read through the last several pages so I am caught up (ish), but I know there was a lot of speculation around those two but as far as I understand it there was no legitimate proof? Wasn't Gwazi even tossed out there as a hypothetical?

Would anybody mind catching me up on ALL the rumors that have been tossed out there and their current standings of probability?

Mean Streak

Hurler

SFOG Cyclone (?)

Japan whatever

Silverwood and Kennywood? Any others?

Are we for sure convinced that Kennywood and Silverwood are NOT happening? I read through the last several pages so I am caught up (ish), but I know there was a lot of speculation around those two but as far as I understand it there was no legitimate proof? Wasn't Gwazi even tossed out there as a hypothetical?

Would anybody mind catching me up on ALL the rumors that have been tossed out there and their current standings of probability?

Mean Streak

Hurler

SFOG Cyclone (?)

Japan whatever

Silverwood and Kennywood? Any others?

I think Hurler, Mean Streak, and GA Cyclone are the three "definites" for 2018.

I think Kennywood might happen 2018, but could also happen 2019. Last I heard, they still need full approval from West Mifflin. But they still have some time if they pushed it for 2018.

I think Silverwood was considered a possible site for testing Raptor track, but they ultimately decided to test it in-house. Maybe something for them in 2019-2020?

I actually don't think any TRex or Raptor are happening in 2018 (they're still testing the prototype right now), but I definitely see one or two in the books for 2019 and beyond.

I think Japan was probably referring to Nagashima's Free Spin that opened this year (And I think the number 7 was including all recent projects and contracting work for S&S). Who knows, maybe there's more?

• 5 weeks later...

So we now have 4 of the 6 U.S RMC's confirmed: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Wonder Woman and Railblazer. Georgia Cyclone is pretty much a lock, which would be the 5th. Any ideas about the alleged 6th? Since RMC produces the track for the S&S 4D's, that is a possibility. I also heard they will be producing track for the Skywarp, so they could be referring to that as well. I think that any conversions would have announced the host ride's closure by now, so I don't see that happening. My only guess is another Raptor clone for a SF park,.

Any thoughts?