TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Roller Coaster Type from RMC Rocky Mountain Construction

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The track just looks so small

Yeah, this is like the epitome of a compact thrill coaster. I'm curious as to what the cost point is, they're minimizing the use of steel by using a single beam and small 8 passenger trains. Maybe even cost effective than a free spin or sky rocket II??

Lol! Apparently the Raptor track was for a prototype ride in RMC's parking lot.

IMG_4701.JPG.e1d0acd7899225ce6d592d193b01026f.JPG

From the RMC Facebook page.

Link

I don't think they intended to troll everyone so hard but it was clearly the end result and it's hilarious.

Edit: ^ Beat me to it

Wow, what an interesting idea! Has any other company in the history of the world ever tested a new concept?

Lol in restrospect you're right, this makes a ton of sense. My post was referencing the fact that ever since they posted the photo of the raptor track we all (I'll include myself in this one) lost our sh*t trying to figure out what park bought one for 2018 and the enthusiast community as a whole somehow decided it was going to Silverwood or Knott's when in fact it's going in the parking lot. I totally get what they're doing, but there's something pretty funny about that IMO.

Wow, what an interesting idea! Has any other company in the history of the world ever tested a new concept?

Lol in restrospect you're right, this makes a ton of sense. My post was referencing the fact that ever since they posted the photo of the raptor track we all (I'll include myself in this one) lost our sh*t trying to figure out what park bought one for 2018 and the enthusiast community as a whole somehow decided it was going to Silverwood or Knott's when in fact it's going in the parking lot. I totally get what they're doing, but there's something pretty funny about that IMO.

I wasn't taking a dig at you personally, it was aimed at our whole community that needs to be able to laugh at itself.

I wasn't taking a dig at you personally, it was aimed at our whole community that needs to be able to laugh at itself.

Haha, I got caught your drift there, Larrygator.

Although, as a throwback, this does remind me of the times back in 1999/2000 when a photo of Thrust Air 2000's track was being and forums swarmed at Coasterbuzz about it going to Cedar Point, meanwhile S&S put it in their parking lot.

lol, those were the days.

Haha, I got caught your drift there, Larrygator, although, as a 15+ year throwback...

This does remind me of the times back in 1999/2000 when a photo of Thrust Air 2000's track was being and forums swarmed at Coasterbuzz about it going to Cedar Point, meanwhile S&S put it in their parking lot.

lol, those were the days.

I'm not sure what people are confused about...a prototype is just to make sure things go smoothly and everything fits together right.

When you're testing a new product you're not going to go all stupid with elements trying to make things insane, you're working out kinks, testing the limits of the train, testing clearances on the track, making sure reality is aligned with the design. Once you see how that goes, then you can start pushing the limits. It also doesn't look like the track is done yet either.

Chill pill folks.

I'm not sure what people are confused about...a prototype is just to make sure things go smoothly and everything fits together right.

When you're testing a new product you're not going to go all stupid with elements trying to make things insane, you're working out kinks, testing the limits of the train, testing clearances on the track, making sure reality is aligned with the design. Once you see how that goes, then you can start pushing the limits. It also doesn't look like the track is done yet either.

Chill pill folks.

What? Nobody is confused and everyone is chill. What are you talking about? Lol

Between the RMC T-Rex/Raptor models, Mack Big Dipper and hypers, Vekoma Blitz, Gerstlauer Infinity, Premier Sky Rockets, what ever the S&S compact launcher is called there are some pretty exciting new products out in the steel coaster market these days.

Chill pill folks.

How can I be chill when RMC clearly designed this in roller coaster tycoon?!?! This is easily the WORST RMC layout to-date and its a worse parking lot coaster than Scream! I mean, who's even going to come out to this place to ride it, it's not even at a Theme Park... I haven't even seen a clever marketing campaign for this thing either. RMC has FAILED big time.