TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Playland's Castaway Cove Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Playland's Castaway Cove, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Playland's Castaway Cove

Playland's Castawaya Cove's Offical Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

August 4th 2015, Gale Force announced (see below)

May 29th, 2017 - Gale Force opens

September 17th, 2017 - Wild Waves opens

November 13th, 2017 - Replacement track coming to Gale Force

I couldn't find a thread for this park, my apologies if there is one. Can mods move it there if so?

Anyways, this is huge for this small park and should be a great addition. I'm excited to have one of these so close to home, maybe I will finally (after many failed attempts) check these Ocean City parks out once this is built!

1438774447_1.jpg.e0687b1a9cf428534f78f999c71ac43c.jpg

I wonder if this will light a fire under Morey's ass to finally pull the trigger on their woodie or some sort of new coaster?

Edited by larrygator

Very cool! Combining the elements of a Sky Rocket II with the typical G-fighter. Man, this is a golden age for small thrill coasters. I wish more of the small parks could have lasted to utilize it.

Maybe the best thing about this is that it is an innovation in the ultra-compact "genre" rather than yet another Sky Rocket II clone. Not that the clones are bad, but after about three on the same continent you start to hope for something new.

Looks awesome!! I wonder if it will be slightly more intense than the Sky Rocket II models since it's more compact.

I remember reading a rumor about 6 months ago that stated two American parks bought launched El Locos for 2016, if it's true I wonder where the 2nd one is going.

If you are familiar with the piers here is an idea of where its going to go (right where their Flitzer and other small junior coaster is so they may be getting removed)

This looks like a great addition for this small park! Glad I got my Flitzer and Python credits a few weeks back, too. I've got a bunch of leftover Playland ride tickets in my car - looks like I just confirmed a return trip next summer!

I couldn't find a thread for this park, my apologies if there is one. Can mods move it there if so?

Anyways, this is huge for this small park and should be a great addition. I'm excited to have one of these so close to home, maybe I will finally (after many failed attempts) check these Ocean City parks out once this is built!

I wonder if this will light a fire under Morey's A$$ to finally pull the trigger on their woodie or some sort of new coaster?

So glad to see a park actually building one of these. I remember seeing the concept for it a while back, and I thought it looked like a decent attraction for a small park! Hopefully it rides as good as it looks! Also, I like the new restraints. Very B&Mesque. Now if only Magic Springs could get a coaster like this!!

Edited by robbalvey

Anyone else notice that the music, graphics, and sound effects in the annimation video are very Six Flag-ish? I'm sure logic would just say the same graphics firm used for previous Six Flags annimations was used for this. However there is a rumored 2nd launched El Loco allegedly headed for a U.S. park for 2016. With Six Flags filing a trade mark for "Gale Force 7" and the eerie similarities in this video and previous Six Flags animations, can't help but wonder if the 2nd version of this ride will end up in a smaller Six Flags park. I know it's a wild predicition, but something just struck me about this video.

UNLESS this project was previously planned for a Six Flags park and cancelled last minute. Again just a wild guess on my part and pure speculation, not stating this as fact or anything.

If you are familiar with the piers here is an idea of where its going to go (right where their Flitzer and other small junior coaster is so they may be getting removed)

They were both for sale on http://www.intermarkridegroup.com/used-rides/roller-coasters/2.html so I knew something new was going in to fill that huge hole.

Actually, they are both sold now - Glad I got the credits who knows where they will end up! This new attraction certainly looks better than those two combined.