Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

How would you rank them?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby clem2754 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:01 am

As of this point in time I would rank RMC coasters this way:

1. Twisted Colossus- Great long ride full of ejector moments. I love rides in the back row the best. The coaster that got me interested in roller coasters again.

2. Goliath- I think I like this coaster better than others. I think each element is really strong on this coaster and don't have an issue with it being short. The hill and second inversion are just plain awesome.

3. Joker- It was a good ride. I found it to be more seat depended. I felt like I had to sit in the back to maximize the ride. Also the pacing is a little off at the end. Still a good roller coaster.

This month I will have a chance to ride Steel Vengeance and Storm Chaser. Later this year I have plans for Iron Rattler, Lightning Rod, possibly the New Texas Giant, possibly Twisted Timbers, and a remote chance for Twisted Cyclone so my list will grow. You can also count Wonder Women and RailBlazer on that list as well.

RMC's are my favorite coasters because you won't find a bad one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue May 08, 2018 8:50 am

I'll update mine since I've ridden Wonder Woman, Medusa, and Twisted Timbers in the past few weeks.

1) Lightning Rod

2) Iron Rattler
3) Wildfire
4) Twisted Colossus

5) Twisted Timbers- An endless barrage of airtime hills.
6) Wicked Cyclone
7) Wonder Woman- Relentless intensity from start to finish, just not as long as the above coasters.

8) New Texas Giant
9) Storm Chaser
10) Medusa- Very good, but the bumps and most turnarounds didn't have air like I expected.

11) Goliath
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue May 08, 2018 11:36 am

I still don't really feel I'm qualified to post in this thread, as I had only ridden Wicked Cyclone until recently when I rode Twisted Timbers. If I were to rank them, they are neck and neck. Both top 10s for me, but if I was in front of both of them and could only ride one (how I rank coasters anyway) I think I'd likely pick Wicked Cyclone.

The two rides have a lot in common, but they're also very different. I love the barrel roll drop on TT but prefer the straight down drop of WC. Also, while the airtime on TT is fabulous it kinda feels like the primary focus of the ride is basically an airtime assault (which isn't a knock by any means), but WC has more variety and more WTF moments. That WC spends more time inside the structure gets a huge point - those handchoppers! And its probably because I rode TT on a colder March morning and WC on a humid, wet June morning but WC didn't feel like lost any stream at all and was plowing into the brakes on all of our rides.

They're both incredible rides and it's great they're popping up at more and more parks so its easier for me to get to them. I've always been more of a steel over a wood coaster guy so I'll take a smooth RMC over a crappy old woodie any day. I'm stoked to get on more of them, starting with Twisted Cyclone later this year, and either the Texas duo, Twisted Colossus, or Steel Vengeance next year... we'll see.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Angle O. Descent » Tue May 08, 2018 2:05 pm

1. Steel Vengance
2. Twisted Timbers
3. Storm Chaser
4. Wicked Cyclone
5. Lightning Rod
6. New Texas Giant
7. Twisted Colossus
8. Outlaw Run
9. Iron Rattler
10. Goliath

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Tue May 08, 2018 3:12 pm

So out of the one's I have been on this is how I would rank them:

Lightning Rod
Outlaw Run
New Texas Giant
Twisted Timbers
Iron Rattler

I can't wait to see how Steel Vengeance and Wonder Woman Golden Shower Coaster shake up the ranking.
Bigger is not always better. (And anyone who has ridden Wonder Woman knows this is true!)

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Tue May 08, 2018 3:32 pm

I'm excited to "graduate" to a larger RMC when I ride SV this weekend. Joker and Goliath are fun, but I'm sure they'll feel like intermediate RMCs afterwards.
Total: 240 | Steel: 183 | Wooden: 57

Last Coaster Ridden: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion on August 24, 2018.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:43 pm

I've still only ridden Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone (they're pretty much neck and neck for me), however this summer I will very likely be riding Railblazer and Joker if my NorCal plans work out, so we'll see.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby joelwee » Tue May 08, 2018 3:46 pm

I've only ridden Twisted Colossus so far, and at this point, it's my favorite coaster. I'm planning on riding Steel Vengeance (and possible Storm Chaser) at the end of this month. I'm also planning a trip to NorCal to ride Joker and Railblazer later this summer.
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby inlina » Tue May 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Only ridden Steel Vengeance, so that's at the top of my RMC list right now. :)

Was a 4 months too early for Twisted Colossus with that trip. :cry:

Went to Dollywood spring break just gone had a day of Lightning Rod having significantly more downtime than uptime so never got a chance to ride it. Although I hear any day ending in 'Y' is like that. :wtf: :roll: :lmao:

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Still have ridden zero RMCs, but will probably ride Steel Vengeance this month
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!