Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

How would you rank them?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby Condor » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Time for a 2017 update, adding Wicked Cyclone.

1. Medusa Steel Coaster - The strongest airtime plus the best views/setting high above Mexico City. Great visuals everywhere on this one from the lift to the inverting first drop and the brief dash through the trees. My #4 overall steel.
2. Outlaw Run - Great variety of forces on this one plus breakneck pacing and the best first drop of the bunch. My #5 wood.
3. Wicked Cyclone - The most complete layout of them all and possibly the strongest positive g's of the i-box conversions.
4. Twisted Colossus - Racing element is a plus when you get it. Love the length and twin first drops.
5. Iron Rattler - The least complete layout but also the most unique. The barrel roll up over the cliff is in my all-time pantheon of great inversions.
6. New Texas Giant - Still a great coaster, but it lacks the OMFG ejector air and dynamic transitions of the newer RMCs.
7. The Joker - Again, a very good coaster, but nothing stands out about it over the others. Layout doesn't flow as well or have a truly standout moment.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Samuel » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Condor wrote:6. New Texas Giant - Still a great coaster, but it lacks the OMFG ejector air and dynamic transitions of the newer RMCs.

This goes to show how far the RMC designs have progressed. When NTAG was under construction, I remember everybody's jaw being on the floor, given how dynamic and wild its layout was shaping up to be. Now, it's still a pretty nuts ride, but it almost seems conservative compared to the stalls, directional changes, and onslaught pacing featured on some of the company's newer coasters.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Samuel wrote:
Condor wrote:6. New Texas Giant - Still a great coaster, but it lacks the OMFG ejector air and dynamic transitions of the newer RMCs.

This goes to show how far the RMC designs have progressed. When NTAG was under construction, I remember everybody's jaw being on the floor, given how dynamic and wild its layout was shaping up to be. Now, it's still a pretty nuts ride, but it almost seems conservative compared to the stalls, directional changes, and onslaught pacing featured on some of the company's newer coasters.

NTAG is also the only RMC with both a chain lift and no inversions (all other RMC chain lift coasters have at least one inversion; Lightning Rod also has no inversions, but has a launch).

I still haven't ridden an RMC, but here are the chances (percentages by me) on what will be my first RMC:

RMC Mean Streak (2018) - 40%
Storm Chaser - 30%
Goliath (SFGAm) - 25%
Lightning Rod - 4%
Any other RMC - 1%
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Angle O. Descent » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:57 pm

My updated rankings:

1. Storm Chaser
2. Lightning Rod
3. Wicked Cyclone
4. New Texas Giant
5. Outlaw Run
6. Iron Rattler
7. Goliath

Next: Twisted Colossus in October

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby coasterer » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Just rode Joker. Kind of meh compared to the rest of their repertoire. I don't know if I love their style on some of the smaller scope rides. Their coasters ride much better when the elements are larger. But then again Goliath ....

Updated list:

Medusa Steel - I just love this ride so freaking much.
Lightning Rod
Outlaw Run
Iron Rattler
Texas Giant
Twisted Colossus
Joker
Goliath

Should ride Storm Chaser later this summer, and then will just be missing Wildfire and Wicked Cyclone.
Last edited by coasterer on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:22 am.
Favorites: Voyage, T-Express, Goliath (WW), Medusa Steel Coaster, Boulder Dash, Katun, I 305, El Toro, Storm Runner, Mega-lite, Shivering Timbers, Alpengeist, Millennium Force, Thunderhead, Nemesis, Skyrush, Prowler, Atlantis Adventure, Thundercoaster, Maverick, Jungle Storm, Cornball Express, Behemoth,

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:41 am

^You say you don't like the smaller scale rides and then you have the 100' Medusa at the top?? Bit if a contradiction... Medusa is amazing though
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby rubysparkles » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:42 am

I've only been on 6 and my ranking is based on how much fun I have on the ride:

1. Twisted Colossus
2. Iron Rattler
3. Storm Chaser
4. New Texas Giant
5. Outlaw Run
6. Goliath

In all honesty, 3, 4 and 5 are equally as enjoyble as each other. Goliath is by far my least favourite. Twisted Colossus is just an outrageous ride that put a huge smile on my face, love the second lift hill and the anticipation of waiting to see if you will duel the other train. I'm a sucker for a coaster that uses the terrain so I love Iron Rattler, that canyon drop is one of my favourite drops in the world!
[b]Twisted Colossus, I305, Skyrush, Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Maverick.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby coasterer » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:30 am

^^That's a good point, honestly I forget that Medusa is that small. There was just something about the setting, pacing, and perfectly sustained intensity that makes Medusa SO Much more compelling than Joker, despite the comparable heights. Lightning Rod is so crazy I don't even know what to do with it in terms of ranking, but Medusa has to be in my top 5 favorite coasters of all time.
Favorites: Voyage, T-Express, Goliath (WW), Medusa Steel Coaster, Boulder Dash, Katun, I 305, El Toro, Storm Runner, Mega-lite, Shivering Timbers, Alpengeist, Millennium Force, Thunderhead, Nemesis, Skyrush, Prowler, Atlantis Adventure, Thundercoaster, Maverick, Jungle Storm, Cornball Express, Behemoth,

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:35 am

I've still only been on Twisted Colossus and Wicked Cyclone. I pretty much like them equally, but if I HAD to choose one, I would choose Wicked Cyclone since it has fantastic pacing and much stronger airtime and elements. The two drops and the dueling is what makes TC good.

I'll be visiting both Kings Dominion and Cedar Point this summer, but I'm missing their new RMCs by a year. Bummer. Maybe one day I'll get up to SFDK and ride Joker. Other than that, I don't think I'll be riding any new RMCs in the near future.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Yubstep101 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:50 pm

I've ridden 5 RMCs so far, all of them except for one are in my current top 10.
1. Wicked Cyclone-Probably best airtime out of any coaster I've ridden. The double down is probably the best element.
2. Iron Rattler- The interaction with the quarry wall and the tunnel are some of the best moments on any coaster.
3. New Texas Giant- Also amazing airtime. Not much to say except it was the first.
4. Storm Chaser- The first RMC I rode. The barrel roll drop is pretty unique and there's airtime.
5. Goliath- The drop is probably the second best on the RMCs I rode. The dive loop and stall after one another is pretty cool, only problem is it's a bit short.
Top 10: 1.El Toro (SFGADV) 2. Wicked Cyclone 3. Skyrush 4. Iron Rattler 5. Lightning Run 6. Voyage (HW) 7. Nitro (SFGADV) 8. Superman: The Ride (SFNE) 9. New Texas Giant 10. Storm Chaser

Coaster Count: 126

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!