Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

How would you rank them?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:53 pm

Updating the list to reflect the 3 I've ridden this year (Goliath, Iron Rattler, & New Texas Giant)

1) Iron Rattler
2) Twisted Colossus
3) New Texas Giant
4) Wicked Cyclone
5) Storm Chaser
6) Goliath
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Full Effect Ed » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:49 pm

Unfortunately I have yet to ride an RMC Coaster but that'll all change next june when I take my first trip in 15 years

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Jccoasterfan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:41 am

I can finally say that I have now been on more than one RMC! Yesterday I made it out to Kentucky Kingdom for the first time in years (last time was way back during the Six Flags days). I was really impressed with park in general and Storm Chaser ended up being my favorite coaster in the park. Out of my two rides on the coaster, I found the front to be a lot more fun.

Anyways, my rankings as of now:

1. Lightning Rod
2. Storm Chaser

My list should have Twisted Colossus included, but unfortunately it was closed during my first ever visit to Six Flags Magic Mountain back in May. Hopefully by next year I can add two or three more to the list.

Postby thrillrider » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:22 am

I've been on all but 5. Here are my rankings...

1. Outlaw run
2. Iron rattler
3. Texas giant
4. Goliath

Going to be checking out Kentucky kingdom and Dollywood within a month to grab 2 more RMC'S.
Last edited by thrillrider on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:36 am.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:30 am

thrillrider wrote:I've been on all but 4. Here are my rankings...

1. Outlaw run
2. Iron rattler
3. Texas giant
4. Goliath

Going to be checking out Kentucky kingdom and Dollywood within a month to grab 2 more RMC'S.

You're actually missing 7, not 4
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Medusa Steel|Mega-Lite
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Voyage

Postby thrillrider » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:32 am

In the states?

I forgot about wicked cyclone...so 5 in the states.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby coasterer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:45 pm

Just spent the morning at KK... holy crap, I just got my butt whooped by Storm Chaser. I know it's had some mixed reviews over the last couple years, so I was expecting it to peter out by the end into the lower tier of my RMC rankings, but good Lord! It was almost too intense! The first half was very ride-able, until the twisted turn around thing, where it just felt like it got faster and faster. The last 4 hills had me screaming in agony/delight/surprise/pain? I can't even tell you.

After 4 laps I had to go sit on a bench and snack on something, which I don't think I've ever had to do in my 12+ years as a coaster enthusiast. I liked it I guess? In some ways it way exceeded my expectations. In other ways it was almost too brutal. So I'm confused as to where to put it. It made Joker's Revenge, which I rode a month and a half ago, feel like wimpy sloppy garbage in comparison.

2 more to go (Wicked Cyclone and Wildfire), and no plans to get to either of them before 2018 rolls out the new batch!
Favorites: Voyage, T-Express, Goliath (WW), Medusa Steel Coaster, Boulder Dash, Katun, I 305, El Toro, Storm Runner, Mega-lite, Shivering Timbers, Alpengeist, Millennium Force, Thunderhead, Nemesis, Skyrush, Prowler, Atlantis Adventure, Thundercoaster, Maverick, Jungle Storm, Cornball Express, Behemoth,

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:18 pm

I can finally update my list a bit!!

1.) Lightning Rod
2.) Outlaw Run
3.) New Texas Giant
4.) Iron Rattler

I'm amazed the LR was finally able to steal my top wooden coaster spot. It had always been nearly impossible to top Outlaw Run!!

I'm also really looking forward to 2018 when I can add:

New Mean Streak
New Hurler
Wonder Woman Golden Shower Coaster

To my list!! I'm wondering how these new coasters are going to shift around my RMC rankings!
Bigger is not always better.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ed Farmer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:34 pm

I'm really interested in seeing how Wonder Woman Golden Shower Coaster compares to the existing RMCs. If it were somehow crazier, that would be something truly special.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:55 pm

I'm having a really tough time with where I would place Lightning Rod. While I think that quad-down is quite possibly the best section of any coaster I've ever ridden, I feel like the rest of the ride, while really really good, doesn't quite live up to other RMC's, and I have to be honest, I think I actually really missed having an inversion on that ride.

Having just ridden Lightning Rod and then Outlaw Run back to back was certainly interesting. While I felt that Lightning Rod may have a better "moment" I actually felt that Outlaw Run packs more into each foot of track than Lightning Rod does.

Basically what it comes down to is this is exactly why I have chosen to not rank or count coasters anymore. I mean, I personally feel that Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, Wildfire, Medusa, Wicked Cyclone, and Texas Giant are quite possibly some of the best roller coasters I've ever been on.

Why is it important to put one over the other?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!