Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

How would you rank them?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby JT325 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:37 pm

robbalvey wrote:Why is it important to put one over the other?

Thank you :)

I have a list of "favorites," with a few that are definitely at the very top... but it's hard to rank them among each other.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:14 pm

^ This is exactly what I do. When someone asks me "What is your favorite coaster?" I am actually unable to answer them. Instead I find myself rattling off a list of like 10 really good coasters that I'd be perfectly happy riding at that moment if I could.

I don't see the point in having to decide which one is better than the other.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wbprecision » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Definitely in the minority here with my opinion, ridden two RMCs and here's how I would rank them:

1. Goliath - Loved the height, drop, and speed. The zero g-stall is one of my favorite elements on any rollercoaster. The only negative thing about this ride was that it felt short.

2. Twisted Colossus - I was really hyped for this after hearing so many good things about this ride but unfortunately it did not live up to the expectations. It was a fun ride and had some nice pops of airtime but there was nothing too special about it. I also never got to experience the dueling part since the dispatches weren't timed well.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Going to be really tough to ride "all the RMCs" if these raptors start popping up all over the place.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:45 am

After finally riding my first RMC a few weeks ago (Joker), I'm definitely addicted. This company has been hitting homerun after homerun.
Total: 235 | Steel: 179 | Wooden: 56

Last Coaster Ridden: Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point on May 13, 2018.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stonem » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Finally rode my first two rmc's , next week I will ride my third: Wildfire.
I don't understand all the hype about Medusa, it's a very good coaster but it's not that intense. Don't get me wrong it's a fun ride but it's very far from the intensity and strong ejector airtime of Twisted Colossus. Twisted Colossus literally left me speechless

1- Twisted Colossus
2- Medusa

Will update in ten days
Coaster Counter : 146

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 pm

1. Twisted Colossus and Storm Chaser. There. Predicament solved. Crisis averted. :cool:
3. Outlaw Run
4. Iron Rattler
5. New Texas Giant
6. Joker
7. Goliath

Joker is my latest one. Pros: it has a fantastic layout. Disorienting every time, not just the first time or two. Typically-great RMC inversions, hangtime and airtime. It reminds me of iRat and NTAG the most, with hints of Goliath. Why it's so low for me: despite its copious pluses, it distinctly felt "weaker" for an RMC. Not extreme; not relentless. High fun factor and rerideability, though! I don't think it's worlds better than Medusa (SFDK), but I only marathoned one of those two, and it wasn't the one with walk-on waits. ;)

I'll eagerly repeat what others say about the RMC's they feel are weakest: Joker is still a much better, more enjoyable and higher-quality ride than most other coasters! Side note: on the contrary, I do not feel that way about Goliath--plenty of classic and traditional woodies I'd prefer to ride.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:06 am

I'll provide a quick update:

1) Lightning Rod- Not a moment of wasted track. Perfect pacing and intense air.

2) Iron Rattler- 2 of the best drops on any coaster, an amazing setting, and air on every element.
3) Wildfire- Amazing setting, perfect first half, solid second half
4) Twisted Colossus- Both sides are fantastic. Slight edge to the other two since they don't have a pacing interruption.

5) New Texas Giant- One airtime hill after another plus the Gerstlauer trains are a plus.
6) Wicked Cyclone- Fantastic air. Minor spots to catch breath on turns, but otherwise not a wasted moment.

7) Storm Chaser- Very intense, air-time filled coaster but I missed the first drop.

8) Goliath- Love what's there, but it's shorter than the others.

Edited to include my new number 1, Lightning Rod.
Last edited by Canobie Coaster on Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:44 pm.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- Nagashima Spa Land

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Imagineer Josh » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Bump, I guess.

Never updated my rankings after the 2017 season.

4. Goliath - While that first drop is my favorite of any RMC, and it's just a really fun, intense, well paced ride with two fantastic inversions, there are only 3 moments of ejector air, and the layout is kinda basic. I'm also fairly used to it because it's at my home park. Still, an excellent ride, and a coaster that I always ride and come off happy, no matter how unbearable the lines are :lol:

3. Twisted Colossus - My 100th coaster. =) While not a disappointment, I feel it's a bit overrated. The layout doesn't feel totally complete, hitting the brake run on either side after both of them really get going. Yeah, there's a ton of airtime, but the quality of the airtime isn't as strong as the other three RMCs. Despite that, the first drop is excellent, dueling on the ride is really an experience to remember, I love the dueling interactions, and it really is something you just want to ride again and again. I do wish I got more rides on it.

2. Storm Chaser - What a surprise this was. The airtime is probably the strongest I've ever experienced, the first drop has great hangtime in the front and great whip in the back, it's on the intensity levels of X2 (seriously, the sheer aggressiveness is like a car crash, but one you want to be in), the pacing is pretty much perfect, and is something that I easily rode over and over again when I was at Kentucky Kingdom. I don't see at all how this is one of the weaker RMCs.

1. Lightning Rod - You probably saw this coming. The airtime, the speed, the launch.. all incredible. My first ride was incredible, but I rode it in the back row later in the afternoon... The quad down is IN-SAN-ITY. Hopefully, if I ride it again, the trims at the top of the launch won't ruin my good memories of it. I would describe it more, but words are useless. Ride it yourself, and see what you think.
Coaster Count - 128
Top 10 Coasters: 1. Voyage - 2. Lightning Rod - 3. X2 - 4. Storm Chaser - 5. Maverick - 6. Twisted Colossus - 7. Goliath (SFGAm) - 8. Millennium Force - 9. Cornball Express - 10. Magnum XL-200
Top 5 Parks: 1. Dollywood - 2. Holiday World - 3. Cedar Point - 4. Universal's Islands of Adventure - 5. Six Flags Magic Mountain

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Tue May 08, 2018 4:12 am

It's been a minute since anybody has posted in this thread, and I still haven't ridden them all yet. However, I have added a couple more to my experience, and figured I'd weigh in at this point!

5. Goliath - Even the "worst" RMC is still amazing, falling just outside my Top 10 coasters currently! I wish it was a little longer, but the elements it does have are amazing, and that upside down dive is still one of my favorite parts of any RMC!

4. Storm Chaser - My first RMC, and still one of my Top 10 coasters! It blew my mind from ride 1, and after 20 rides (the same day), I was in love with the RMC experience! The last couple of violent ejector hops always made me brace myself, and are one of my least favorite parts of any RMC. But the overall package of SC is simply fantastic, and will be a crown jewel for KK for a long time!

3. Lightning Rod - In what may surprise a lot of people, LR isn't my #1 or #2 RMC. I loved the coaster, and it falls just outside my Top 5 overall. Day rides are out of this world, and night rides take it to a whole other level! At the end of the day though, I think the lack of any inversions may have hurt it, at least in my rankings... I mean, being one of my favorite coasters I've ever ridden is no bad position at all! But I think that reason may be why it barely tops SC for me, and comes behind the most recent two RMC's I've ridden...

2. Twisted Timbers - Cedar Fair's first foray into the RMC market (barely) was absolutely phenomenal, never losing any steam at any time (well, after the abrupt slow-down at the top of the lift), and cramming so many elements into a tight and compact layout, it keeps your head spinning the entire time! My kids and I all loved it immensely, and to think it used to be the debauchery that was Hurler, is amazing! It was my favorite RMC... for 4 days at least! :lol:

1. Steel Vengeance - I rode this at the First Rider Benefit, four days after Twisted Timbers, and it took everything I'd loved about that coaster, and all the other RMC's, and pretty much every coaster I've ever ridden, and crammed it into one absolutely coaster-experience-altering two and a half minute ride! It's hard to add much to what's already been said about this amazing coaster, so I'll just chime in with the rest of those who have ridden it already, and say it's one of the best, if not THE best coasters in the world! Ride it in the front, ride it in the back, ride it during the day, ride it at night, ride it anywhere, anytime, and you're bound to have a mind-blowing coaster riding experience! It'll be hard for any coaster to top this one, but it'll certainly be fun watching other ones try!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!