Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

How would you rank them?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby JT325 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:37 pm

robbalvey wrote:Why is it important to put one over the other?

Thank you :)

I have a list of "favorites," with a few that are definitely at the very top... but it's hard to rank them among each other.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:14 pm

^ This is exactly what I do. When someone asks me "What is your favorite coaster?" I am actually unable to answer them. Instead I find myself rattling off a list of like 10 really good coasters that I'd be perfectly happy riding at that moment if I could.

I don't see the point in having to decide which one is better than the other.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wbprecision » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Definitely in the minority here with my opinion, ridden two RMCs and here's how I would rank them:

1. Goliath - Loved the height, drop, and speed. The zero g-stall is one of my favorite elements on any rollercoaster. The only negative thing about this ride was that it felt short.

2. Twisted Colossus - I was really hyped for this after hearing so many good things about this ride but unfortunately it did not live up to the expectations. It was a fun ride and had some nice pops of airtime but there was nothing too special about it. I also never got to experience the dueling part since the dispatches weren't timed well.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:07 pm

Going to be really tough to ride "all the RMCs" if these raptors start popping up all over the place.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:45 am

After finally riding my first RMC a few weeks ago (Joker), I'm definitely addicted. This company has been hitting homerun after homerun.
Steel: 177 | Wood: 55 | Total: 232

Last Coaster Ridden: Mr. Freeze at SFSTL on 9/30/17.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stonem » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Finally rode my first two rmc's , next week I will ride my third: Wildfire.
I don't understand all the hype about Medusa, it's a very good coaster but it's not that intense. Don't get me wrong it's a fun ride but it's very far from the intensity and strong ejector airtime of Twisted Colossus. Twisted Colossus literally left me speechless

1- Twisted Colossus
2- Medusa

Will update in ten days
1- X2 2- Der Schwur des Kärnan 3 - Twisted Colossus 4- Taron 6- Expedition GeForce 6- Shambhala 7- Medusa Steel Coaster 8-Katun

Coaster Counter: 134

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:46 pm

1. Twisted Colossus and Storm Chaser. There. Predicament solved. Crisis averted. :cool:
3. Outlaw Run
4. Iron Rattler
5. New Texas Giant
6. Joker
7. Goliath

Joker is my latest one. Pros: it has a fantastic layout. Disorienting every time, not just the first time or two. Typically-great RMC inversions, hangtime and airtime. It reminds me of iRat and NTAG the most, with hints of Goliath. Why it's so low for me: despite its copious pluses, it distinctly felt "weaker" for an RMC. Not extreme; not relentless. High fun factor and rerideability, though! I don't think it's worlds better than Medusa (SFDK), but I only marathoned one of those two, and it wasn't the one with walk-on waits. ;)

I'll eagerly repeat what others say about the RMC's they feel are weakest: Joker is still a much better, more enjoyable and higher-quality ride than most other coasters! Side note: on the contrary, I do not feel that way about Goliath--plenty of classic and traditional woodies I'd prefer to ride.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:06 am

I'll provide a quick update:

I could easily flip 1 and 2. Their amazing settings combined with the intense ride from start to finish makes them 2 of my favorite coasters. Then while it is weird having a second lift hill, I won't complain about essentially getting another lap.

1) Wildfire
2) Iron Rattler
3) Twisted Colossus

4) New Texas Giant
5) Wicked Cyclone

6) Storm Chaser

7) Goliath
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!