TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Pilgrimage To The Point

Volcano's launch is awesome, but I've always felt the ride ends prematurely. Feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.

Still hoping to do at the very least Kings sometime this season someway, somehow. I'd really, really like to ride I305. And Volcano & Dominator & Delirium & a few other things. It looks like a great park.

Road trip?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Road trip?

A Haunt road trip might be in the works. Depends on if certain other people are down.

And Re: Volcano, I think it looks great. I can see how people say the ending is whack, but to me (who has never ridden) it looks like a full circuit impulse coaster that launches you out of a f***ing volcano! I'm in! Even if it is lame, based on what I've ridden to compare it to, after I305 its my most-want-to-ride coaster in the park, for sure. I'm an Intamin junkie and while I've been let down a few times I still want to ride all of them.

Big ups for it taking me a couple days to read this trip report. What a fantastic read! I'll probably read it again on the train later this week, haha. I really enjoy visiting CP every 3 years or so because I feel like everything feels brand new. Even though I've been about 5 times, it's just a surreal atmosphere out on the Peninsula riding world class rides.

Thanks for telling the story!

-Zach

Also, shame on you for not riding the skyride and making your ankles work.

If it kills me I will definitely go back to CP. There are quite a few things we missed (the waterpark, water rides, skyride, not all of the coasters, more beach time, more Maverick!) and I'd love to stop at Kennywood again along the way. Couple more years. Maybe when the nephew is ready to ride the medium sized coasters. There are just too many other parks I need to get to before I go back to somewhere I've traveled to (except for Hershey - I would go there right now if I could). Valravn looks great and all but I still need to get to both Busch parks and they both have almost the same ride, not to mention a bunch of other really great looking coasters at each of those parks.

Edited by boldikus

^ Yes that too. It's looking pretty likely we're gonna do a Knoebels trip with the nephew before summers end. Tom and my sister seem pretty interested in doing a road trip up there in the next couple of months.

There are just too many other parks I need to get to

cough... cough...

I'm so pumped that I'm finally fixing this travesty next week! First Knoebels trip on 6/22 and 6/23.

If I die of a pierogi overdose, tell the world I went out on top.

If it kills me I will definitely go back to CP. There are quite a few things we missed (the waterpark, water rides, skyride, not all of the coasters, more beach time, more Maverick!) and I'd love to stop at Kennywood again along the way. Couple more years. Maybe when the nephew is ready to ride the medium sized coasters. There are just too many other parks I need to get to before I go back to somewhere I've traveled to (except for Hershey - I would go there right now if I could). Valravn looks great and all but I still need to get to both Busch parks and they both have almost the same ride, not to mention a bunch of other really great looking coasters at each of those parks.

You have a Hershey Park trip report I can read? That park is close to the top of my park wishlist, but for some reason the people I'm going on my coaster trip with this year aren't up for any of the other PA parks outside of Knoebels (which I'm okay with, Phoenix is the bees knees) This report was fantastic all around!

• 2 months later...

Awesome report! I made my first visit in 2014 and while I really REALLY loved Maverick, Millennium Force was the one I had watched 100's of times on YouTube. I literally LOL'd at your statement of wanting to apologize to the ride after your night rides! MF anytime (especially at night) and getting to King's Island for a legendary night ride on The Beast is a must for people who haven't done it!

• 5 months later...

Was just updating my blog and had to check something in this report. Crazy to think its been over two years since we started planning this trip. Feels like yesterday.

Thanks for bumping this up! First time reading it... fantastic report. I am lucky enough to live 4 hours away but it's always nice to see a newbie prospective. Normally we just go fur the day and drive back so we don't have time to take in everything the park has to offer, but saw that they are doing BBQ fest before memorial day this year so it's a perfect excuse to get a room and actually get night rides on things too. Can't wait for May to roll around! Also Kennywood might be my first trip of the year, I almost forgot how much they have to offer as well since we have only been once in the past few years. Keep up the awesome reports!

• 3 weeks later...

Time for another bump for this thread ha. I was asking around for CP tips for my upcoming trip (first ever trip BTW!) and someone pointed me to this TR to get me pumped up for my trip. It succeeded. Excellent report.

My trip is a little over a month away. May 13-16. Going to the park that Sunday and Monday. Staying at Cedar Point Express Hotel (aka Breakers Express). It doesn't get the best reviews but from what I understand it's newly renovated for 2017 (including almost 70 brand new rooms though no way of knowing if my room will be one of the new ones or not). Most importantly though it saved me some $$ (little over $150 total) while still being close to the park and getting the early entry. I'm going by myself so will just be using the hotel to sleep so didn't see it as worth the extra $$ for Breakers, though it looks like a very cool resort.

I really can't wait. For as long as I can remember I've wanted to get up there for a visit so now just counting down the days!