TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Energylandia , this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion.

Energylandia website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

September 14th, 2015 - Custom launched Vekoma announced for 2016

October 9th, 2015 - Wood coaster announced for 2016

October 30th, 2017 - details on Hyperion

December 16th, 2017 - Parks announces plans for RMC woodie, Mine Train and Launched Water Coaster all to be completed by 2020

March 11th, 2019 - Parts of Zadra construction collapse during storm

August 19th, 2019 - POV of Zadra

February 8th, 2021 - Test run POV of Abyssus

2015:

Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster

Vekoma Family Coaster

Vekoma SLC

2016:

Vekoma Launch Coaster

---------------------------------------------

Artwork & blueprints:

"Dragon"

Suspended Family Coaster

clone of Orkanen

2014_12_02.thumb.jpg.54e115f448a560e2a025dcbcb7a3cf9d.jpg

mlodzie17C0miejsce_zpse3470aa2.png.edbce518ee8976ba91635764d0ba1e3b.png

"Energus"

Family Coaster

standard, large model

2015_05_02.thumb.jpg.3644bc4fbef91f59aeae653fc1d38f06.jpg

rodzinnymiejsce_zps3741476c.png.e9fc48435365f479a96faa3e17672e68.png

"Mayan"

Suspended Looping Coaster

standard model

2015_09_02.thumb.jpg.914d9c6e34f3b44f9c723c0bf7e14a26.jpg

ekstremmiejsce_zps93c4176c.png.301e5234a2d321debaf9bfd15e2d4d03.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been having a look at the parks website and there seems to be even more listed for 2015

first theres this , rollercoaster egipt

the layout looks like it would be a spinning coaster but as a separate listing they also have rollercoaster - mexico

"Another roller coaster which will find its place at EnergyLandia in 2015 is the crazy and unpredictable SOMBRERO Mega Spinning Coaster, which is much larger than its cousin, the Viking. The track trajectory and greater acceleration will be the characteristic features of that ride. A trip on that roller coaster will be extremely exciting, since its carriages can turn around at 360˚ to the left or to the right."

that would mean the park would have 3 spinning coasters?? It seems a bit odd unless the concept art is very inaccurate

also listed is Rollercoaster - Formula one (again stated to open in 2015) :

"In 2015 one of the fastest roller coasters in Europe will be recreated. Formula 1 is a challenge for the most courageous. The extremely long track, the speed reaching 100 km/h and the uncountable loops and slopes will make it one of the most exciting rides in your life! The most similar roller coaster called the Blue Fire is located at Europa Park."

The word "recreated" makes me think it may be a blue fire clone and the top speed would be in fitting with that, however looking at the park map there is what appears to be a formula 1 themed coaster with a layout that looks nothing like blue fire, even if it's heavily stylised. Also the map shows the SLC, junoir SLC and family coaster but theres no sign of the egipt or mexico coasters, only the formula 1 one.

That information is outdated.

Originally, the park was going to build 3 Mack-coasters in 2015. A Youngstar family coaster, a spinning coaster and a Bluefire clone. But they went with Vekoma instead.

It looks like it's being "eaten" by an Alligator...

...and then "coughed up" by a Sea Serpent, heh.

Yes, without this theming, it definitely has the same layout as Orkanen.

And that was a great coaster in Farup!

I think I rode it over 10 times on the TPR visit last summer.

Which for myself, is a LOT for one coaster, no matter how much I like it.

389452732_ResizeofIMG_5145a.JPG.7c9e2cd58bac146c454b5cfec19515d1.JPG

Painting you see in the Orkanen queue - and I could very well see some sea monsters poking up around there, hmm? (o;

241932500_ResizeofIMG_5146.JPG.cb73e8a3d36beb72dd68cdf20c371d6b.JPG

And UP out of the Sea Serpent's Mouth! (o: Orkanen, at Farup Sommerland, TPR 2014 Scandi Tour.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know why sometimes (like on battlestar galactica and the stingray thingy) they use "normal" track and on these rides keep using this style?

Standard "I'm probably wrong" disclaimer, but the standard suspended looping coaster layout is designed around the centerline of the old-style trains, so they can't just run the exact same layout with the new track (unless by some circumstances the centerlines are the same), they'd have to re-engineer it and the supports needed to hold it up. Since they're still consistently getting orders for suspended looping coasters and boomerangs as they are, there's no need to re-engineer them because the parks are completely fine with what they're getting. They can re-engineer the trains instead, saving resources, time and money.

Because they haven't gotten an order for a custom looping coaster since 1999 (Rock n' Roller Coaster and Xpress don't count) or a custom SLC since 2002 (both at Fantasy Island in the UK), they probably were able to carefully use the time and resources to design the brand-new track, support structure and trains for Battlestar (made from one of each) and the new suspended family coasters. Have you noticed that Battlestar and Vekoma coasters from the late 80s / 90s look like they were made by completely different manufacturers?

Short answer: If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

• 1 month later...
Why would anyone want to use T3's color scheme. That is just hideous.

It's not quite the same though. This one has orange track.

The difference between track and support color should (hopefully) become more obvious as more track goes up.