TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Obviously I have a poor short-term memory because I had completely forgotten about this announcement. Heck, I had even commented on it! I guess with the constant new announcements coming from this park it's easy to get confused if it's something new or something which has already been announced before.

This whole situation is quite unusual in that TPR does not normally start/support a Park Discussion Thread for a park that none of our members have reported on.

Interesting that they went with several smaller supports for the lift hill rather than one massive beam like skyrush or I305.

Anyway, it's looking amazing! And I still can't believe all they're adding in such a short period of time

Interesting that they went with several smaller supports for the lift hill rather than one massive beam like skyrush or I305

They also did it with Coaster through the clouds so maybe they did it to avoid the sag? Since I305's lift hill has started to sag from the middle pretty significantly and maybe that's undesirable

I recall seeing a picture from the top of I305s lift hill looking down into the station, and you could see how much the track bowed and flexed. Although I'm sure this part of the design, and there's nothing wrong with it. I doubt this decision has anything to do with it. Maybe it's a different track type, maybe there's different costs associated with it.

I recall seeing a picture from the top of I305s lift hill looking down into the station, and you could see how much the track bowed and flexed. Although I'm sure this part of the design, and there's nothing wrong with it. I doubt this decision has anything to do with it. Maybe it's a different track type, maybe there's different costs associated with it.

If it was a picture, it was probably just lens distortion from the camera. You can't really tell from photos if a line is straight or not.

https://www.practicalphotography.com/camera-advice/questions-and-answers/what-is-lens-distortion

That drop is definitely giving me Skyrush vibes with that "lip" after disconnecting from the lift hill. Looks fantastic!

I thought the same! I believe that's what makes the drop so brutal (which is always a nice way to start a ride) so I'm really glad to see something similar here.

And it looks amazing!