TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Visionland Construction

This is fairly similar to the original Arrow methods of construction before precise CAD was available, right? I'm pretty sure they did the same thing with connections and even had to build track pieces too long so they could be cut to fit. I'm pretty sure that was only for the earliest designs though.

To see this in 2017 means they are ultra cheap and don't care about the actual ride itself or rider's comfort. Labor costs are far cheaper than engineering, so let the field guys figure it out. I'd be very interested to see how this one is received by the public compared to the Mega-Lite. Will the PTB care?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Labor costs are far cheaper than engineering, so let the field guys figure it out. I'd be very interested to see how this one is received by the public compared to the Mega-Lite. Will the PTB care?

Although this doesn't answer how the public will feel when the park opens and people ride it.

I keep an eye on a number of Chinese forums where this park is being chatted about. In admittedly mostly non enthusiast threads. the main thing i read is the complaint that none of the coasters here has an inversion.

On the more coaster orientated places people are having very much the same discussion we are about that kink.

• 3 months later...
I love the fact that they just built the road structure completely around the track. It looks almost improvised.

Exactly. I'm kind of amazed at how much effort they are putting in to get around doing a little proper engineering. So much form work and manpower to do this... If they had just gone to a western company with the general concept they would have gotten something so much better. I realize it's a risk to go to the drawing board and start from scratch with a new concept, but if this is the alternative then why not go with something else altogether?

At least they are good at building theming - for however long it lasts. I've heard the rock work at Chinese parks tends to fall apart pretty quick.

I'll bet it will be fun though, all things said and done. Rides built out of pure craftmanship like this tend to be the most unique and interesting at least.

For some reasons, Chinese/Asian parks always build the track hardware entirely before starting the theming.

For instance this Mack spinning coaster...

... is now totally covered in theming. You can only see the start of the drop now (the track and supports were still protected in this picture):

Jurassic Adventure or Spinning Batman are another exemples.

^ That Mack spinner looks amazing.

For the test-track style ride, I kind of hope they don't fill in the road since it looks so barbaric as is. I figure they will since the theming over there seems to be really good, but I can dream.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...