TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your 5 year plan and predictions for any park

You are the president and whatever you present to the CEO of the chain will be approved for your 6 year plan (2015-2020) for your two home parks. I say a 6 year plan instead of 5 cause some parks have pretty solid rumors for this year, so if your park has a solid rumor use that as your 2015 plan. What would you do (make realistic)?

Knotts Berry Farm:

2015: dark ride similar to Wonder Mountain to replace KOD. Would make longer, and have better looking trains (used this since thats a pretty solid rumor and was pretty much confirmed via an article with Cedar Fair CEO). Start removing Jaguar.

2016: It is time for a thrill coaster. 12 years without one is far too long and all the renovations on classics and family add ons have gone very well. Assuming ridership on Jaguar is low I would have it removed as it takes quite a bit of space and add the rumored giga. I would use the lake and have it go through ghost town by Ghostrider (the lift would go toward GR) and use some of the backlot for it and the finale on the lake.

2017: Completely re-track Ghostrider from RMC. NOT a conversion just a full re-track and maybe some new coaster trains. Also add some new rides and a kiddie coaster to Camp Snoopy. Start removing Screaming Swing and fire station next to it.

2018: Remove Screaming Swing and the fire station next to it and add a custom Euro Fighter.

2019: Add some new flats around the Silver Bullet area. Start Removing Boomerang, Coast Rider and the two flats.

2020: Remove Boomerang, move Coast Rider along with the two other flats to a different area in the park, and use that area for a Chance Mega Light.

SFMM:

2015: Iron Colossus. Just one continuous ride with possibly two lifts/two drops. Lots of airtime and a couple inversions. Spend this year and next focusing on the park appearance.

2016: RESTORE REVOLUTION. 40th anniversary new trains, new brakes. New water ride in the old Deja Vu area. Also work on park appearance. Start removing Green Lantern and Tidal Wave.

2017: Remove Green lantern and Tidal Wave replace with a ride like Maverick or Cheetah Hunt. Also add some new flats throughout the park.

2018: Interactive dark ride. Start removing Viper

2019: Remove Viper replace with a giga or a lengthy Chance Mega Light. Start removing ride with low ridership

2020: Remove said ride with low ridership and replace with a Wing Rider or Euro Fighter.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFNE:

2015: Iron Cyclone and bring Goliath's old train back.

2016: Convert Bizarro back to SROS. Get old trains and remove audio.Flat ride package, have an inverting flat in Twisters spot and Rodeo's spot

2017: Remove Flashback. New Zierer launch coaster in its place.

2018. New water slide for Hurricane Harbor.

2019. Remove Mind Eraser, and put a B&M invert in its place.

2020. Flat package, add some more family oriented flats.

CLP:

2015: New Gravity Group woodie replacing Timber Splash and some parking area.

2016. Put a matterhorn back in Equinoxes spot, remove Skater for a Paratrooper.

2017. Restore YC's turnaround back to its original shape, overhaul it for the parks 115th anniversary.

2018. Remove Corkscrew, add a compact launch coaster by Premier.

2019. Break year, do nothing except for new shows.

2020. New thrill flat over by where the corn maze used to be.

Epcot:

2015 - Remove Spaceship Earth and replace it with a great big ball of cheese. Have a ride going through it and call it "The Great Big Ball of Cheese."

2016 - Demolish the entire World Showcase area and dedicate the entire land to a show featuring the most unicyclists in the world. Would need more than 2,000 performing at one time.

2017 - Add 8 more theaters for Soarin' and show 16 minutes of insane Japanese TV commercials in each theater.

2018 - Melt the Great Big Ball of Cheese attraction. Open fondue restaurant.

2019 - Put a stack of elephants 300 feet high in the middle of the unicycle show.

2020 - Re-build Horizons, but have it be a ride about bees instead of the future.

--Robb "This is no more ridiculous than any other responses we will get in this thread." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Epcot:

2015 - Remove Spaceship Earth and replace it will a great big ball of cheese. Have a ride going through it and call it "The Great Big Ball of Cheese."

2016 - Demolish the entire World Showcase area and dedicate the entire land to a show featuring the most unicyclists in the world. Would need more than 2,000 performing at one time.

2017 - Add 8 more theaters for Soarin' and show 16 minutes of insane Japanese TV commercials in each theater.

2018 - Melt the Great Big Ball of Cheese attraction. Open fondue restaurant.

2019 - Put a stack of elephants 300 feet high in the middle of the unicycle show.

2020 - Re-build Horizons, but have it be a ride about bees instead of the future.

--Robb "This is no more ridiculous than any other responses we will get in this thread." Alvey

LOL! Didn't think to add it but I did and thats to make these realistic.

You don't get it.

Oh I thought you were saying people were going to say like a giga at Disney, but with how you meant it I don't see how its ridiculous if people post realistic options for the next 6 years. Heck if one actually becomes true it'd be cool to say I would have done the same thing the park actually did. I just think it'd be fun to see what people would do if they ran the park. I think a lot of people on this site have some really cool ideas, now if they come to fruition or not remains (most likely not) to be seen.

Kings Dominion:

2015: Water Park Expansion with bowl slide, wave rider, mat racers, and bonzai pipelines style attraction. Also the skyride is brought back. Also Christmas in the Park winter event begins and lasts from November in through December. Lights and decorations surround KD all while the coasters and rides remain open.

2016: B&M Hyper coaster.

2017: Flat ride package. HUSS Frisbee and S&S Screamin Swing

2018: 400+ foot tall launched strata coaster that replaces Hurler. Bleachers are set up so people can watch the launch.

2019: Dark ride inside Volcano's Mountain.

2020: B&M Wing Coaster with the classic wing over drop and near miss elements. Passes over front gate. Front gate update with the new wing coaster.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg:

2015: Diavolo/Tempesto in Festa Italia

2016: Starflyer

2017: RMC Inverting Woodie out in Germany

2018: Kiddie Ride expansion

2019: New animal exhibits. Also an upgrade to Europe in the Air. Ride is made a lot better and is actually a really good simulator/dark ride now.

2020: B&M Flying Coaster in Drachen Fires spot that passes over the rhine river very closely at some point

Edited by CPSFMMCW

You don't get it.

Oh I thought you were saying people were going to say like a giga at Disney, but with how you meant it I don't see how its ridiculous if people post realistic options for the next 6 years. Heck if one actually becomes true it'd be cool to say I would have done the same thing the park actually did. I just think it'd be fun to see what people would do if they ran the park. I think a lot of people on this site have some really cool ideas, now if they come to fruition or not remains (most likely not) to be seen.

Valleyfair

2015: Waterpark expansion with a Snake Pit-like slide package, a ProSlide Tornado, and WWW mat racer, plus the removal of the Panic Falls slides, and Hurricane Falls gets repainted.

2016: A Huss Giant Frisbee replaces the current Amphitheater.

2017: A B&M inverted coaster is built behind High Roller. It is 3,300 feet long, and has 5 inversions.

2018: A Zamperla Air Race is built in Tilter's old spot.

2019: A Mondial Windseeker is built under Wild Thing's turnaround.

2020: Excalibur is removed, and is replaced by a Premier Rides launched coaster (Spaghetti Bowl-type coaster).

Cedar Point

2015: Sell the park immediately to whomever can spend the most for it. Cash out stock options. Buy $100 million dollars worth of weed.

2016: Get high

2017: Get high

2018: Get high

2019: Get high

Canada's Wonderland:

2014: removal of Skyrider

2015: water park expansion (already rumoured), also new trains on Flight Deck

2016: Premier Launch or Intamin Blitz coaster (to replace sky rider)

2017: burn Time Warp to the ground

2018: RMC Mine Buster

*EDIT* Marineland:

2014: remove that topsy-turvy ride that's always broken

2015: B&M dive coaster, theme it around Niagara Falls

2016: animal exhibit expansion

2017: more exhibit expansions

2018: 35th anniversary - give Dragon Mountain a Phantom's Revenge style makeover

Edited by Angle O. Descent

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom:

1. 150 ft Intamin drop tower.

2. Remove Kong and Boomerang and built a compact RMC inverting woodie with airtime.

3. Flat rides?

4. Yay! 150 ft height limit was removed! Now we somehow make SkyScreamer, Medusa, V2, and Superman each be over 300 feet tall.

5. 500 foot Millennium Force.

Okay, the last two aren't serious, but they would be awesome.

I'm going to try to keep this realistic but I'm also going to base this on what I really want for these parks.

GAdv:

2015- 1 or 2 new kids rides. Let this be a slow year to do maintenance for the park. Re-paint basically every B&M plus open a path to get people from El Toro to Golden Kingdom.

2016- big addition coaster. I'm thinking a Maverick clone in MovieTown would be nice. Maybe theme it towards Mr. Freeze.

2017- add 1 or 2 flats to replace Rolling Thunder. A Screamin' Swing or something like Maxair would be nice.

2018- new water slide for Hurricane Harbor. It would be 5 years since they got one at this point and they could probably add Bonzai Pipelines to their drop slides.

2019- finally get their hotel open. This would be the park's 45th anniversary and with barely investing anything the last 2 years, now would be ideal for a hotel in this market.

2020- new RMC to get more people into the hotel. Also cheaper big addition. For this I'm thinking Bizarro would be the likely coaster re-located to make room for this. Not that I want that to happen but I think it's the most likely one to move.

Morey's Piers:

2015-18- notice the stretch of years. They need to use as much time as they need to finally build the new woodie on a new pier. It would be a big project that hasn't even started construction so I'm allowing a lot of time for it.

2019- new ride for the new pier. Honestly I'm thinking a skyride connecting the new pier to Surfside Pier would be great.

2020- another new flat on the new pier. Maybe a Storm revival with a tamer version of it.

Here's my very, very, unlikely scenario for Cedar Point.(But I guess it Could be possible)

2015: Cedar Point reclaims Coaster Capital title by adding 4 new coasters (Not counting Pipe Scream) 1) Wonder Mountain's Guardian Style dark ride in the old Pirate ride building. 2) Good time theater is replaced with an S&S 4D Free Spin. 3) Premier Rides launch coaster like Sky Rocket near Shoot the Rapids. 4) New kiddie coaster near the front of the park.

2016) Mantis gets an upgrade along with surrounding area. Includes new floorless trains and Rougarou re-theme. TTD is also repainted.

2017) Upgrades to restaurants and Maverick Repaint. At the end of August Mean Streak closes.

2018) Mean Streak becomes Evil Streak.

2019) Corkscrew Closes and is replaced by a Chance Hyper-lite.

2020) Iron Dragon closes and is replaced by a GCI woodie

TGE:

2015: New coaster in Bobsled's spot(eurofighter or relocated B&M) , removal of go karts for overflow queue.

2016: Small water park expansion into Pirate's old spot and go karts spot( New coaster queue now gone into permanent queue)

2017: Flat in fest area (between skycoaster and Blizzard indoors!)

2018: Another water slide in upper splashwater kingdom.

2019: Removal of Canyon Blaster And Nightmare building with large expansion of ghost town including two new flats.

2020: Removal of Demon . New premier launch starting in Ghost Town Expansion and having a large vertical loop where demon is so it can be seen from the highway.

SFSTL:

2015: Dark Ride retime, close Boss

2016: Rmc boss

2017: upgrade kiddie area, close Ninja

2018: Flyer/Wing Coaster in place of Ninja

2019: nothing, just a show or cleaning up the park

2020: very wishful thinking; a B&M Hyper Coaster

Cedar Point

2015: Sell the park immediately to whomever can spend the most for it. Cash out stock options. Buy $100 million dollars worth of weed.

2016: Get high

2017: Get high

2018: Get high

2019: Get high

QFT.

I won't do Six Flags Great America cause Its been done to death

Santa's Village

2015- Some Kind of Dark Ride/Funhouse Attraction and 1-2 other used rides

2016- Racing Rapids Reopens after a refurbishment with a new name, new paint, and 2 new attractions

2017- 1-2 new/used Thrill Rides

2018- Gravity Group/GCI Wooden Junior Coaster

2019- Waterpark Expansion

Mount Olympus

2015- Indoor Waterpark Expansion

2016- 3-4 Euro style Flat Rides

2017- Parthenon Expansion

2018- Premier Rides Superman Ultimate Flight Clone

2019- Trees?

Canobie Lake Park

2015- Zamperla Air Race in Equinox's spot

2016- Water Park Expansion (bowl slide, 2-3 tube slides, 2-3 body slides)

2017- Year Off

2018- Himalaya flat

2019- Vekoma suspended family coaster in Canobie 500's spot, add Canobie 500's cars to Antique Cars

Funtown USA

2015- Zamperla Hawk

2016- Year Off

2017- Mack AquaTwist

2018- Year Off

2019- Premier Superman Ultimate Flight clone

ELITCH GARDENS:

2015: S:UF (SFDK) Clone on the old flying coaster's spot, with dual stations.

2016: Rehab Tower of Doom & Half-Pipe to be more reliable. Return Tower of Doom's third side to operation. Retrack majority of Twister 2.

2017: New waterslide wherever the could fit it. Possibly a looping capsule-drop body slide that somehow goes around Ripcurl.

2018: Remove some of Disaster Canyon's unused queue in the middle of the ride area and replace it with a SBF Visa Maxi Dance Party 360 (SpinCycle at Silverwood type ride). Have the entrance & exit cross over Disaster Canyon between the Panda Express and the scenic tower piece.

2019: Remove Dragon Wing (Chance Aviator) and maybe sell it to Lakeside or another amusement park. Replace it with a 235ft Star Flyer.

2020: Reinforce Ghost Blaster's building and put a Wild Mouse or other family coaster on top of it. Keep queue switchbacks on top of building also and find a way to bring the line down to the ground, maybe having ramps replacing part of Ghost Blaster's outdoor queue.

SILVERWOOD:

2015: Kids flat (Already announced by the park IRL)

2016: Large Skycoaster or Slingshot, or both.

2017: RMC Wooden coaster that the park has planned, for 30th operating season.

2018: Larson Fireball park model (Brain Drain type ride).

2019: Hopkins Shoot the Chute 50ft model, Chance Swinging Ship family ride. Tie-in themes together for these rides.

2020: Enclosed Intamin Half-Pipe coaster.

Magic Kingdom:

2015 - Anna & Elsa Dueling Premier Launched Coasters (Mr. Freeze layout, duh!)

2016 - AquaTrax in the Rivers of America

2017 - Castle Projection show that fires basketballs out into the crowd

2018 - B&M Hyper Coaster themed to Brave Little Toaster

2019 - 480 foot drop tower themed to Little Mermaid

2020 - Parachute Tower themed to Mary Poppins

Edited by robbalvey

Only have one home park

Six Flags Great America

2015: 329 ft. (Because of our height limit) Skyscreamer

2016: General Park improvements, Old kids ride brought back, and new shows

2017: Hurricane Harbor addition - Demon removed at the end of the season

2018: Intamin or B&M Giga Coaster