Your 5 year plan and predictions for any park

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Your 5 year plan and predictions for any park

Postby adamd » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:29 pm

You are the president and whatever you present to the CEO of the chain will be approved for your 6 year plan (2015-2020) for your two home parks. I say a 6 year plan instead of 5 cause some parks have pretty solid rumors for this year, so if your park has a solid rumor use that as your 2015 plan. What would you do (make realistic)?

Knotts Berry Farm:
2015: dark ride similar to Wonder Mountain to replace KOD. Would make longer, and have better looking trains (used this since thats a pretty solid rumor and was pretty much confirmed via an article with Cedar Fair CEO). Start removing Jaguar.
2016: It is time for a thrill coaster. 12 years without one is far too long and all the renovations on classics and family add ons have gone very well. Assuming ridership on Jaguar is low I would have it removed as it takes quite a bit of space and add the rumored giga. I would use the lake and have it go through ghost town by Ghostrider (the lift would go toward GR) and use some of the backlot for it and the finale on the lake.
2017: Completely re-track Ghostrider from RMC. NOT a conversion just a full re-track and maybe some new coaster trains. Also add some new rides and a kiddie coaster to Camp Snoopy. Start removing Screaming Swing and fire station next to it.
2018: Remove Screaming Swing and the fire station next to it and add a custom Euro Fighter.
2019: Add some new flats around the Silver Bullet area. Start Removing Boomerang, Coast Rider and the two flats.
2020: Remove Boomerang, move Coast Rider along with the two other flats to a different area in the park, and use that area for a Chance Mega Light.

SFMM:
2015: Iron Colossus. Just one continuous ride with possibly two lifts/two drops. Lots of airtime and a couple inversions. Spend this year and next focusing on the park appearance.
2016: RESTORE REVOLUTION. 40th anniversary new trains, new brakes. New water ride in the old Deja Vu area. Also work on park appearance. Start removing Green Lantern and Tidal Wave.
2017: Remove Green lantern and Tidal Wave replace with a ride like Maverick or Cheetah Hunt. Also add some new flats throughout the park.
2018: Interactive dark ride. Start removing Viper
2019: Remove Viper replace with a giga or a lengthy Chance Mega Light. Start removing ride with low ridership
2020: Remove said ride with low ridership and replace with a Wing Rider or Euro Fighter.
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:16 am.

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Your 5 year plan for your 2 home parks?

Postby canobiefanatic » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:47 pm

SFNE:
2015: Iron Cyclone and bring Goliath's old train back.
2016: Convert Bizarro back to SROS. Get old trains and remove audio.Flat ride package, have an inverting flat in Twisters spot and Rodeo's spot
2017: Remove Flashback. New Zierer launch coaster in its place.
2018. New water slide for Hurricane Harbor.
2019. Remove Mind Eraser, and put a B&M invert in its place.
2020. Flat package, add some more family oriented flats.

CLP:
2015: New Gravity Group woodie replacing Timber Splash and some parking area.
2016. Put a matterhorn back in Equinoxes spot, remove Skater for a Paratrooper.
2017. Restore YC's turnaround back to its original shape, overhaul it for the parks 115th anniversary.
2018. Remove Corkscrew, add a compact launch coaster by Premier.
2019. Break year, do nothing except for new shows.
2020. New thrill flat over by where the corn maze used to be.
Coaster Count: 62
Top 10: 1. Fury 325 2. Leviathan 3. El Toro 4. Wicked Cyclone 5. Behemoth 6. Cheetah Hunt 7. Superman The Ride 8. Intimidator 9. Apollo's Chariot 10. Verbolten

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:57 pm

Epcot:
2015 - Remove Spaceship Earth and replace it with a great big ball of cheese. Have a ride going through it and call it "The Great Big Ball of Cheese."
2016 - Demolish the entire World Showcase area and dedicate the entire land to a show featuring the most unicyclists in the world. Would need more than 2,000 performing at one time.
2017 - Add 8 more theaters for Soarin' and show 16 minutes of insane Japanese TV commercials in each theater.
2018 - Melt the Great Big Ball of Cheese attraction. Open fondue restaurant.
2019 - Put a stack of elephants 300 feet high in the middle of the unicycle show.
2020 - Re-build Horizons, but have it be a ride about bees instead of the future.

--Robb "This is no more ridiculous than any other responses we will get in this thread." Alvey
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:11 pm.

Postby adamd » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:07 pm

robbalvey wrote:Epcot:
2015 - Remove Spaceship Earth and replace it will a great big ball of cheese. Have a ride going through it and call it "The Great Big Ball of Cheese."
2016 - Demolish the entire World Showcase area and dedicate the entire land to a show featuring the most unicyclists in the world. Would need more than 2,000 performing at one time.
2017 - Add 8 more theaters for Soarin' and show 16 minutes of insane Japanese TV commercials in each theater.
2018 - Melt the Great Big Ball of Cheese attraction. Open fondue restaurant.
2019 - Put a stack of elephants 300 feet high in the middle of the unicycle show.
2020 - Re-build Horizons, but have it be a ride about bees instead of the future.

--Robb "This is no more ridiculous than any other responses we will get in this thread." Alvey

LOL! Didn't think to add it but I did and thats to make these realistic.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:13 pm

adamd wrote:LOL! Didn't think to add it but I did and thats to make these realistic.

You don't get it.

Postby adamd » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:35 pm

robbalvey wrote:
adamd wrote:LOL! Didn't think to add it but I did and thats to make these realistic.

You don't get it.

Oh I thought you were saying people were going to say like a giga at Disney, but with how you meant it I don't see how its ridiculous if people post realistic options for the next 6 years. Heck if one actually becomes true it'd be cool to say I would have done the same thing the park actually did. I just think it'd be fun to see what people would do if they ran the park. I think a lot of people on this site have some really cool ideas, now if they come to fruition or not remains (most likely not) to be seen.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Kings Dominion:
2015: Water Park Expansion with bowl slide, wave rider, mat racers, and bonzai pipelines style attraction. Also the skyride is brought back. Also Christmas in the Park winter event begins and lasts from November in through December. Lights and decorations surround KD all while the coasters and rides remain open.
2016: B&M Hyper coaster.
2017: Flat ride package. HUSS Frisbee and S&S Screamin Swing
2018: 400+ foot tall launched strata coaster that replaces Hurler. Bleachers are set up so people can watch the launch.
2019: Dark ride inside Volcano's Mountain.
2020: B&M Wing Coaster with the classic wing over drop and near miss elements. Passes over front gate. Front gate update with the new wing coaster.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg:
2015: Diavolo/Tempesto in Festa Italia
2016: Starflyer
2017: RMC Inverting Woodie out in Germany
2018: Kiddie Ride expansion
2019: New animal exhibits. Also an upgrade to Europe in the Air. Ride is made a lot better and is actually a really good simulator/dark ride now.
2020: B&M Flying Coaster in Drachen Fires spot that passes over the rhine river very closely at some point
Last edited by CPSFMMCW on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:31 pm.
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:04 pm

adamd wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

You don't get it.

Oh I thought you were saying people were going to say like a giga at Disney, but with how you meant it I don't see how its ridiculous if people post realistic options for the next 6 years. Heck if one actually becomes true it'd be cool to say I would have done the same thing the park actually did. I just think it'd be fun to see what people would do if they ran the park. I think a lot of people on this site have some really cool ideas, now if they come to fruition or not remains (most likely not) to be seen.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Valleyfair
2015: Waterpark expansion with a Snake Pit-like slide package, a ProSlide Tornado, and WWW mat racer, plus the removal of the Panic Falls slides, and Hurricane Falls gets repainted.
2016: A Huss Giant Frisbee replaces the current Amphitheater.
2017: A B&M inverted coaster is built behind High Roller. It is 3,300 feet long, and has 5 inversions.
2018: A Zamperla Air Race is built in Tilter's old spot.
2019: A Mondial Windseeker is built under Wild Thing's turnaround.
2020: Excalibur is removed, and is replaced by a Premier Rides launched coaster (Spaghetti Bowl-type coaster).
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Cedar Point

2015: Sell the park immediately to whomever can spend the most for it. Cash out stock options. Buy $100 million dollars worth of weed.
2016: Get high
2017: Get high
2018: Get high
2019: Get high

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!