TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Six Flags-branded parks to be built in China

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ source? I could see other potential Asian parks and possibly the Dubai park receiving the Garfield theme instead of Looney Tunes. We know the Dubai park likely will not be able to use any Warner Brothers IP since SF only owns the theme park rights to it in all non-Vegas areas of North America and I believe Europe? according to past annual reports. On top of that Warner Brothers movie world is planned to be built in Abu Dhabi, which is relatively close to Dubai, so I doubt WB would let SF use their own themes to essentially compete with them. Although certainly possible, It would be very strange to see any completely IP-less SF branded property.

^ source? I could see other potential Asian parks and possibly the Dubai park receiving the Garfield theme instead of Looney Tunes. We know the Dubai park likely will not be able to use any Warner Brothers IP since SF only owns the theme park rights to it in all non-Vegas areas of North America and I believe Europe? according to past annual reports. On top of that Warner Brothers movie world is planned to be built in Abu Dhabi, which is relatively close to Dubai, so I doubt WB would let SF use their own themes to essentially compete with them. Although certainly possible, It would be very strange to see any completely IP-less SF branded property.

Source? - The link that was posted is PR for the Chinese properties. That should be clear if you read it.

To be clear, my response was about other Six Flags. Specially, those that currently exist in North America. I see no need to speculate on other sites, I have no idea if Garfield really is a well known IP in China (or any place else for that matter)