TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fantawild Construction

As with everyone else I've been struggling to keep up with the pace of construction in China and sorry if it seems I've been swamping the forums with them. Everything just moves so fast it seems.

Anyway Fantawild have been going a bit mental recently and I've been doing some digging into what they have in the pipeline.

Their new park in Zuzhou with the Gravity Group woodie already has a thread here.

Most interestingly Fantawild have started to construct a third chain of parks called "Fantawild Cultural Heritage Parks" there are three of these planned and two are already well under way

Fantawild Cultural Heritage Park - Jinan

The first of these to open. This park is due to get a boomerang and is one of the 4 parks announced by Gravity Group to get a woodie. No sign of any ride construction yet but buildings are going up and according to google maps most of that is completed. (The concept art shows an SLC but this is probably just a placeholder). The park is due to open before the end of the year so I expect to see some woodie action soon.

Fantawild Cultural Heritage Park - Wuhu

Much the same as the previous one and actually the third Fantawild park in Wuhu. Again the park is expected to get a Boomerang and a woodie (both announced at IAAPA). Also already under construction and expected to open early next year.

Fantawild Cultural Heritage Park - Ningbo

The third of these parks has only just been announced. It's on the south side of the Hangzhou bay bridge and isn't planned to open until 2016. This article in the Hangzhou Daily mentions two roller coasters including one wooden one. But no confirmation on who's building them.

This ones not under construction yet so no images of mud. Just pretty concept art.

Fantawild Adventure - Datong

A normal fantawild park this. I believe it began construction in 2012 and ran into trouble with authorities in 2013 before restarting construction this year. Is it me or do those rides look super eerie? The park has the usual Fantawild Adventure combo of Golden Horse mine train and SLC rip offs. There's a few more pictures here

Fantawild Adventure - Tianjin

The closest of all these to opening and should be open any time soon. The park is smaller than most and just sports the ubiquitous Golden Horse SLC with the standard Flare Meteor name. Again I don't want to spam the thread with samey pictures but there's more here if you want them.

Fantawild Dreamworld - Zhengzhou

The dark horse of the bunch and one that's flown under the radar a bit. This is the second park in Zhengzhou built right next to the existing Fantawild Adventure. The park has definitely begun construction as the latest google sat image shows tons of construction where there was none before. This news article mentions a new woodie but like the Ningbo park no confirmation on manufacturers. The new park is on the left of this image and a new water park set to open this year is on the far right. No confirmation on opening dates for the new park.

Well that's it for now. But that's another 6 new parks (5 under construction already) and possibly 4 new woodies (2 confirmed)

Construction updates as they arrive but check out this thread for a list of the rest of the projects ongoing in China.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67888

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the China theme park "competition" would be between Fantawild, Chimelong,

and Happy Valley, much like it's between Disney, Universal, and Six Flags?

IMhO (And just an idea, too.)

All the designs and stuff look great.

Construction pix look good, too.

Edited by Nrthwnd

So the China theme park "competition" would be between Fantawild, Chimelong,

and Happy Valley, much like it's between Disney, Universal, and Six Flags?

IMhO (And just an idea, too.)

All the designs and stuff look great.

Construction pix look good, too.

There's a nice little map a friend of mine made here https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z2_C9zJ0zbu4.kIuCmHrUYKHg

If you turn off the major parks (Grey ones) you can see the spread of new and existing Fantawild, Wanda, Chimelong and Happy Valley parks including their ride lineups.

From what we know about Fantawild parks and their cookie cutter setup I am entirely expecting 4 or 5 Fjord Dragon clones to pop up over the next year or two.

Cool map, terrifying, but cool!

Wow. Even without all those tiny in-park parks with Wacky Worms,

and Golden Horse Spinning Coasters, the 2017 Tour(?) sounds like it's still

going to be a very busy busy tour!

Is that a Huss or an Intamin swing?

Pretty sure it's from Jiuhua.

I personally think Chimelong is doing this in a right way. They don't through theme park bombs everywhere like OCT, Fantawild and Wanda. They are developing step by step and improving everyday. None of their parks are not getting huge tourist attention and Chimelong is the ONLY theme park chain that is actually making money because their business strategy is right for the amusement industry. Hopefully Wanda parks will be more like Chimelong instead of Happy Valley parks. Fantawild is proven to be in the Happy Valley road which means 15 mins dispatch time, one train operation, overall nice theme but trashy details, cheap and low quality merchandise, etc. Not sure about the employees though.

• 3 months later...

The park in Jinan is well under way. Here's a good overview from Google Earth taken at the end of March

Looking closely this appears to be the footer layout for the new GG woodie. Looks pretty short but at least its custom. This ones meant to have an Inversion which I assume could be the Z bend on the bottom left of the layout?

Edited by Gutterflower

Google Earth also revealed the construction at the Wuhu Park. There is no sign of the Gravity Group wooden coaster footers like in Jinan and It seems the park is a lot smaller. I can’t see where a woodie of the same layout would fit in the Wuhu park so it seems we may have a different custom layout unlike the expected clones. The Wuhu park clearly features some of the same dark rides as the Jinan park as some of the large buildings are almost exactly the same with the same interior layouts.

Sorry for the double post but as i said yesterday I thought the rides may already be up at the Wuhu park. I found this today

Woodie can be seen at the bottom edge of the new concept art

New Chinese built mine train. And what's that in the background?

Ahh yes a real Vekoma Boomerang.

No sign of the woodie going up yet but it can't be long

Source: VHCoasters via House 365

Edited by Gutterflower

• 2 months later...

Exciting news. Gravity Groups new woodie at the Fantawild Cultural Heritage Park in Wuhu is going up. Found some satellite images of the park under construction.

The image of the new Gravity Group coaster clearly shows the footers plotting the rough layout and what appears to be the coasters inversion already built. (Both Jinan and Wuhu are confirmed to get inverting woodies with different layouts)

This is the third Fantawild park in the city which makes the cities coaster line up pretty impressive. Also shown below are an image of the whole park, the new Vekoma Boomerang and an image of the building which has been built over the top of the parks mine train coaster. This is an interesting development in itself and it appears the Jinan version will also be enclosed.

Without further ado here are the pictures.

Source: VHCoasters Via Google Maps

Edited by Gutterflower