TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

China 2017/18 - Guide to Projects & Coasters

Didn't really want to start a separate topic for this but its interesting none the less.

Long Gu Wan Dinosaur Park in Guangxi has added a new Golden Horse SLC which uses the new track system seen at Wanda Harbin. This ride will open first though and is due to open on the 1st of January. Interestingly it keeps the same Kumali/Shenzhen style layout we have seen before but looks a whole lot smoother.

Dare I say it even looks good?

Dragon1.thumb.jpg.463579b32be83a3f5e03e5eae3a696a5.jpg

Dragon2.thumb.jpg.6f1535dc754faa42bfc171d7aa8d4c6b.jpg

Dragon3.thumb.jpg.a9ede20854e1f25abd19688af617ceb8.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

While I can't speak to the reputability of the article some might find it interesting.

http://english.cri.cn/12394/2016/12/28/4261s948379.htm

Only 10% theme parks in China make a profit

2016-12-28 08:40:45 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Xu Yaqi

2016 has seen theme park industry in China grow in leaps and bounds, with Disneyland launching an outlet in Shanghai, and domestic brands such as Happy Valley and Fantawild Adventure expanding across into new regions.

According to the 2016 report on Chinese theme parks, of the 2,700 theme parks in the country, only 10 % are reportedly making profits. 70 % are said to be in the red, with the rest at break-even point.

Dai Bin, president of China Tourism Academy, says most indigenous Chinese theme parks are unable to meet public demand in design, operation, and maintenance, and are in particular lacking cultural creativity.

"Theme parks in the past were no more than a landscape show. Now they have become amusement parks as the second generation, which still don't have an attractive theme and a story or logic thread to link up all elements. Theme parks don't mean you display a dinosaur statue or a Ultraman. They should be alive and interactive with visitors. People come to pursue inner values and feelings," said Dai.

Industry experts observe that many theme parks mainly rely on ticket sales for their profit, providing a flimsy business, and leaving little left over to invest in new recreational facilities to attract repeat visitors.

Dai Bin said many parks opened are used simply to attract prospective investors to local property developments. The parks soon stop operating once the surrounding land begins to make a profit. By then, the theme parks have done their job.

Business insiders have called for the authorities to stop granting licenses for new parks for the sake of the industry.

The theme park report says 64 new parks were expected to be established between 2015 to 2020, with a total investment of about 24 billion US dollars.

Hmm, some of these parks have significant coaster assets. If any of those are these transient parks could we end up seeing a significant Chinese-coaster resale market? Would be funny to see some new generation Chinese rides end up in western parks.

If some of the parks were there just for temporary property development, I'd think they'd be full of portable/shippable rides for an exit strategy.

China's 'middle class' (70% of the population) earns $9000 to $34000 per year, so it's not a big shock that the industry has a hard time recouping global attraction costs. They probably need huge attendance to be able to price the parks in that market.

• 7 months later...

Wow this needed a big update. 6 months since I last updated and so much has changed.

Now complete

Wanda City Theme Park - Harbin

Fantawild Cultural Heritage Park - Xiamen

Happy Valley - Chongqing

Poseidon Kingdom - Harbin

Visionland - Liuzhou

Abandoned Projects

Great Mall of China - LangFang

New Projects Added

Colourful Yunnan Happy World - Kunming

Global 100 Theme Park - Hainan

Hainan Ocean Paradise - Hainan

Visonland - Changde

Fantawild Shi Te Chinese History and Cultural Heritage Theme Park - Changsha

Fantawild Silk Road Culture Expo Park - Jiayuguan

Along with status updates to most of the other projects.

Its been years coming. Sometimes I wondered if it would ever happen but the 4th Chinese S&S launched coaster is finally going up at Sun Tzu Culture Park.

Considering how highly i rate the other 3 this is one of the projects of 2017 for me.

Only one small screen cap from a video so far but hopefully more soon.

1135930074_SunTzu2.JPG.90789249bfc76ec66965913f91a8af8d.JPG

http://p.weibo.com/show/channerWbH5/1034:2fc45f73f3a2931f4c9247bd417b5cd3

A couple of reminders for this project as it has been getting on for 5 years i think since it was announced.

1516242388_SunTzu3.thumb.jpg.beedccbbf73d6c7efb8bc5b07b9e70d9.jpg

Layout

2039372822_SunTzu4.jpg.eeda0ba7a9d95e1b562104d20f965acc.jpg

Track on site

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...