New theme park for Turkey, Ankapark.

The Intamin jetski coaster is on site!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: New theme park for Turkey, Ankapark.

Postby JG-77 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:04 am

Ankapark is opening this Monday (according to RCDB)!!!

I can't wait to see what come of this park, the sheer bizarreness of this place makes me super intrigued to see how this play out. Does anyone have any updates on what's been added since the last update?
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Fiorell » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:04 am

JG-77 wrote:Ankapark is opening this Monday (according to RCDB)!!!

Unfortunately I wouldn't be so sure about that. Here is why:

Since November 2017 the park didn't post any news on their Facebook page. Wondering about this abrupt end of information flow I searched the internet and found this article.

There you can read that the initiator and protegé of the project, Melih Gökçek, was removed by its party (!) as major of Ankara. He was replaced by Mustafa Tuna, which is not that big of an AnkaPark fan as his predecessor.
The new major was shocked that the park has already cost around 400 million dollars and decided to put the whole thing up for a public discussion.

Now, three things to consider:
1. There was already a big investment, and just cancelling the project would vaporize the money spent.
2. On the other hand, the initial idea was to drag millions of tourists to Ankara, which in my opinion is not very likely to happen. The number of tourists declined dramatically lately in turkey and the main destinations are still Istanbul and the Mediterranean coast.
3. If I remember correctly, none of the coasters was a custom model. So they will be able to sell them more easily.

Sad rumors, I know. But I hope this park will go live sometime, maybe even on April 23rd - who knows?
--== Last Count: 'Spinning Mouse (Manning)' Winter Wonderland London ==--
Take a seat on the CoasterCouch, a german YouTube channel with Molewurfn & Psycho-Duck!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Fiorell » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:29 am

And I hate that it looks I was right about this.

Still no website of Ankapark, no footage of the opening anywhere. Don't plan a trip to this park (go to Istanbul and Antalya instead ;) ).
--== Last Count: 'Spinning Mouse (Manning)' Winter Wonderland London ==--
Take a seat on the CoasterCouch, a german YouTube channel with Molewurfn & Psycho-Duck!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!