TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hunderfossen Norway building new coaster with awesome train!

Il Tempo Extra Gigante will be the first coaster in Hunderfossen Familiepark. The coaster is inspired by the most succesful Norwegian movie of all time, Flåklypa Grand Prix (1975), more specifically the iconic race car "Il Tempo Gigante"

The train was hand-built by car enthusiasts in Munich. Hunderfossen has been the home of the full-scale promotional model of Il Tempo Gigante for many years, so it was really about time to make a coaster out of it.

Ride manufacturer: Zierer

Ride length: 550 metres

Ride height: 25 metres

Ride duration: 1 min 30 sec

Top speed: 65 km/h

Max. G: 3.5

Max. banking: 72 degrees

Steepest drop: 45 degrees

Number of riders: 14

Opening date: May 24, 2014

Source

Edited by _koppen

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That train looks amazing, and the theme fits perfectly to a rollercoaster! Apparently the train will have sound and smoke effects to match the car in the movie, as can be seen in the video clip below. Sounds awesome!

One of the greatest films of all time in Norwegian film industry...

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Hunderfossen have posted some vehicle facts to their website:

http://www.hunderfossen.no/artikkel/les/487/7_Park+Norges+St%C3%B8rste+Nyhet+-+Il+Tempo+Extra+Gigante+/

Bredde, front: 187 cm

Bredde, hekk: 223 cm

Radarhøyde: 235 cm

Passasjerer: Max 14

Vekt (tom): 6500 kg

Bremser: Magnetiske

Motor: 180 KWH

Ettertenning: Ja!

Which translates to the following:

Width, front: 187 cm

Width, rear: 223 cm

Radarheight: 235 cm

Passengers: Max 14

Weight (empty): 6500 kg

Brakes: Magnetic

Engine: 180 KWH

Engine backfire: Yes!

That's an absolutely beautiful looking train of what I'd say is on par with Disney quality if it all plays out accordingly. LOVE it! I couldn't help but think of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang when I saw it. Thanks for sharing!

Well damn, there's an idea for a future coaster and theme, Mark!

I also love the look of the train and the layout is perfect for a family coaster.

That train and coaster style looks super cool! Those tracks always looked to pull an immense amount of g's from how fast they seem to take those turns! I just hope there aren't too many parts too loose to cause them to come sailing off.

• 1 month later...

Looks really nice, unfortunately I won't be riding it any time soon, even if it's close by in Norway

About the switch-track, they might just want a proper maintenance area, so I actually doubt that we will see more than one train on it, still thinks that it might be plenty with just one.

Looks really nice, unfortunately I won't be riding it any time soon, even if it's close by in Norway

About the switch-track, they might just want a proper maintenance area, so I actually doubt that we will see more than one train on it, still thinks that it might be plenty with just one.

I asksed the park, it will start with one train, but there is the possibility of adding another one if there is a demand for it.

• 3 weeks later...