TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New B&M FAMILY coaster at Happy Valley Shanghai!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most B&M's after 03 are kind of "family coasterish" but here, B&M officially started to build family coasters!

It will be an inverted coaster, length will be under 1000m (3258ft)

Is it definitely going to be a family coaster? That length seems as long if not longer than a lot of full size B&M inverts. And has there been a B&M ever before with a low height restriction?

That's like buying a Rolls Royce golf cart...

That's what I thought. I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed that B&M has also gone the family coaster way, given that they were one of the few manufactures that only built big adult rides.

^You're probably right. It's just that I liked the fact that they sicked to "more extreme" coasters (well, at least once they did )

Some would argue that they've been making "family" coasters for years.

And has there been a B&M ever before with a low height restriction?

Nemesis, Oblivion and Air? I remember someone mentioning Alton Tower has a height restriction.

Sorry maybe I should have clarified I meant in terms of rider height.

Most B&M's after 03 are kind of "family coasterish" but here, B&M officially started to build family coasters!

Is it definitely going to be a family coaster? That length seems as long if not longer than a lot of full size B&M inverts. And has there been a B&M ever before with a low height restriction?

An inverted mine train with multiple lifts came to mind

That's basically what Freedom Flyer at Fun Spot America is.

According to RCDB that's 400m, so this ride would be 2.5x bigger than that, I mean the closest B&M invert to 3258ft I could find on RCDB (at a glance)to this kind of length was Silver Bullet.

According to RCDB that's 400m, so this ride would be 2.5x bigger than that, I mean the closest B&M invert to 3258ft I could find on RCDB (at a glance)to this kind of length was Silver Bullet.

Haha, I meant the inverted mine train style.