TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Three closest parks near you

1. Castle Park (Riverside, CA) - 35 miles

2. Legoland California - 49 miles

3. Disneyland - 55 miles

I actually consider Knott's my home park since it is where I visit the most often, but it didn't make it in this list since Disneyland is just a few miles closer to me.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any park:

Jeepers!

CJ Barrymores

Colasanti's Tropical Gardens

Real Parks:

Cedar Point - 150 mins

Michigan's Adventure - 180 mins

Kings Island / Canada's Wonderland depending on traffic - 240 mins

Yup...

1. Enchanted Forest - 10 miles

2. Oaks Amusement Park - 38 miles

3. Washington State Fair - 155 miles

Close to a tie for 3rd: Wild Waves - 165 miles

Mundo Divertido - 40 mins (with minimal border crossing time. Expect ~2 hours on your way back)

Or, like, FOUR hours...

^ Ha! Mine are probably those three of yours, in reverse order, from where I live.

1 ~ Wild Waves ~ 269.2 km

2 ~ WA State Fair ~ 283.5 km

3 ~ Oaks Amusement Park ~ 515.7 km

...and Enchanted Forest "just a little further south."

1. Worlds of Fun (22 miles, 30 min.)

2. Silver Dollar City (198 miles, 3.25 hours)

3. Adventureland (218 miles, 3.3 hours)

I'm gonna throw Six Flags St. Louis as an honorable mention, as its only 20 miles further than Adventureland, and I've been to the park on multiple occasions. Not a bad Six Flags park, either. Also, if we're counting major water parks, Schlitterbahn KC is technically # 2 at about 35 miles away.

I'm within reasonable distance to a lot of decent parks:

Six Flags St. Louis: A little under an hour

Holiday World: Just over three hours

Worlds of Fun: Just under four hours

Still close:

Kentucky Kingdom: 4 hours, 15 minutes

Silver Dollar City: 4 hours, 30 minutes

Six Flags Great America: about five hours

King's Island: Five hours and some change (favorite)

I'm pretty lucky with the amount of parks that I have within a reasonable distance from my house.

Kings Island (6 miles, 13 Minutes)

Coney Island (29 miles, 40 Minutes)

Stricker's Grove (34 miles, 46 Minutes)

Close as well

Kentucky Kingdom (130 miles, 2 hours 12 minutes)

Holiday World (198 miles, 3 hours 13 minutes)

Cedar Point (206 miles, 3 hours 28 minutes)

1. Silverwood - 395 Miles

2. Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - 604 Miles

3. Disneyland - 894 Miles

Living in Idaho sucks sometimes.

You know about Lagoon, right?

Also, CGA, SFMM, and USH (and maybe KBF, Elitch Gardens, and Lakeside) would be closer than Disneyland

I'm pretty lucky with the amount of parks that I have within a reasonable distance from my house.

Close as well

Yeah, that IS a great collection of parks to all have within 3 and a half hours of you!

I think it's funny that even though you live in the same state as CP, you are a half-hour farther away from it than I am in Michigan! Ohio is a BIG state!

Close as well

Yeah, that IS a great collection of parks to all have within 3 and a half hours of you!

I think it's funny that even though you live in the same state as CP, you are a half-hour farther away from it than I am in Michigan! Ohio is a BIG state!

Not sure about your drive, but beside Ohio being a long drive, it is also an extremely boring drive. Flat, cornfield's and tree's. There isn't much to see. Makes for an even longer drive.

Close as well

Not sure about your drive, but beside Ohio being a long drive, it is also an extremely boring drive. Flat, cornfield's and tree's. There isn't much to see. Makes for an even longer drive.

I hear you regarding the drive! As much as I love Kings Island, I HATE making that long drive down there, because not only is it 4 and a half hours, you're right... it's SO boring!!! It does make it feel even longer than it would otherwise.

As for going to CP, it's not quite as bad... The stretch in Ohio on the Turnpike is pretty boring, and always filled with construction, but all in all, it's not a terrible drive to make.

Close as well

I hear you regarding the drive! As much as I love Kings Island, I HATE making that long drive down there, because not only is it 4 and a half hours, you're right... it's SO boring!!! It does make it feel even longer than it would otherwise.

As for going to CP, it's not quite as bad... The stretch in Ohio on the Turnpike is pretty boring, and always filled with construction, but all in all, it's not a terrible drive to make.

KI is only 3 and a half hours for me, but I remember the drive being somewhat boring. At least there are gas stations and fast food at what seems like every exit. Also, the random speed limit drops (Findlay (complete with a lane closed NB with no construction for "traffic enforcement") and the whole Dayton to Cincy stretch) make it worse. At least it's not as bad as the Turnpike, which has a speed limit of 50 (!!) in a construction zone when two of three lanes are open [there was one short zone on 75 (near Lima) with no speed limit drop despite it being down to one lane for a few hundred feet].

However, KI is somewhat easy to get to from 75 as Exit 22 takes you right to Kings Island's entrance (via a few miles of suburbia)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Six Flags Great America- 67.8 miles, 1 hour and 5 minutes

2. Indiana Beach- 116 miles, 1 hour and 56 minutes

3. Michigan's Adventure- 200 miles, 3 hours and 21 minutes

Here are some honorable mentions, but did not quite make the cut:

Mt. Olympus- 206 miles, 3 hours and 2 minutes

Six Flags St. Louis- 295 miles, 4 hours and 10 minutes

Cedar Point- 304 miles, 4 hours and 42 minutes