Tayto Park Discussion Thread

Expansion plans for 2017 (flume) and 2019 (major coaster)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Re: Tayto Park Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:22 am

Great to see they keep expanding the park. Looking forward to the construction of the log flume, and to the 'new major roller coaster' in 2019.
If the park keeps investing like this, it's definitely worth a visit in the near future!
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 7. Goliath - Walibi Holland 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Silver Star - Europa-Park 10. Red Force - Ferrari Land

Coasters: 158 || Parks: 31

Movie Park Germany || Nigloland || Walygator Parc || Bakken || Tivoli Gardens || PortAventura || Ferrari Land || Plopsaland De Panne || Efteling || Liseberg

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby David96 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Well there goes my dreams of there being a B&M coaster in Ireland :cry: :cry: :cry: . either way i'm delighted that they're putting in another ride. i hope of the two it'd be a launched coaster similar to furios baco....why would they make an RMC coaster when the only ride they have in the park is already wooden?!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby CSLKennyNI » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:01 am

http://www.itv.com/news/utv/2016-10-23/nine-in-hospital-after-stairs-collapse-at-tayto-park/

Incident at Tayto Park

Nine people have been taken to hospital after stairs collapsed at Tayto Park in Co Meath.

An investigation has been launched into the incident which occurred on Saturday night during an after-dark Halloween-themed event.

It is understood the stairs gave way inside a 'House of Horrors' attraction. Gardaí were called to the park shortly after 8pm.

A Garda spokesman said: "Nine people were taken to hospitals around the area".

There are no details of injuries sustained.

A spokeswoman for the park at Ashbourne said those caught up in the incident were taken to hospital as a "precautionary measure".

The Health and Safety Authority is investigating.

The park, which is themed on the famous Irish crisp brand Tayto, is the only one of its kind in Ireland. It opened in 2010.

A statement from Tayto Park said: "Last night at approximately 8pm the lower portion of a permanent staircase leading to The House of Horrors gave way.

"The Tayto Park emergency plan was immediately put in place and the emergency services attended the scene. Nine people were transported to hospitals in the city as a precautionary measure to assess their injuries.

"The management of Tayto Park will co-operate fully with the investigation as the safety of our guests is paramount."

The park was open again on Sunday.

-------------------

Rather unfortunate for those hurt and the negative media coverage the park is now getting.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby LeoBruz199 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:51 am

^So unfortunate for the park to be in this situation. The media ain't making this much better for them.

The Sun's headline says:

Visitors CRUSHED as stairs in haunted house collapse at Tayto Park in Ireland

Anyway, back to the ride announcement- what caught my attention was the DROP TOWER. I wonder what kind it'll be. think we're dealing with a Larson, but to my knowledge, the only two of those outside of the US are here in Jeddah and the other one is in the Philippines. There's none in Europe as far as I'm concerned since the Fabbri ones are quite similar and they're cheaper in terms of shipping.

I think the two most valuable options would either be an SBF VISA tower or a Zamperla since those are both manufacturers which they've worked with and probably are more confident in dealing with them.

The flume looks like a nice addition. It's weird to think that there's none in Ireland.

As for the *presumed* RMC... I'm not too sure. Even if it is a hybrid, I think for this park they should just go with a traditional steel looping coaster, but then again, maybe not.
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

Postby CSLKennyNI » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:11 am

LeoBruz199 wrote:As for the *presumed* RMC... I'm not too sure. Even if it is a hybrid, I think for this park they should just go with a traditional steel looping coaster, but then again, maybe not.

I think a large part of what makes RMC so attractive is it is unique, would get a lot of attention and it is a wooden caoster that can invert and do so much more. The owner has always put a large emphasis on the park's natural look and feel the buildings and the coaster are wooden (Although in my opinion the off the shelf flat rides and concrete flooring ruin this natural feel). He hasn't ruled out a steel coaster and has mentioned getting one a lot over the years. In a matter of fact he has only mentioned RMC once (albeit in the most recent statement about the new coaster).

Personally I like the sound of an RMC or Mack Mega Coaster.

The drop tower is something he wants one day but that is many years off doubt the park have even looked at manufacturers yet.
He wants to make a major investment every two years.
2015 - Cu Chulainn, 2017 - Flume, 2019 - Coaster. Assuming the drop tower is considered a major investment it could come in 2021. However years ago a dark ride was promised which by the sounds of it has been scrapped or delayed in favour if another coaster. So we could be seeing a dark ride in 2021 and a drop tower in 2023.
Or it could be a cheap Zamperla - in matter of fact that wouldn't surprise me. But they already have a small kiddy shot tower so I assume they want something way bigger and better. (I hope for Intamin)

However i doubt the park have a manufacturer yet I think that was simply the owner's wish list

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:09 pm

T-Rex Track? :br

Postby LeoBruz199 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:46 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:T-Rex Track? :br

Ehhh... Probably...?

He said that he wants something along the lines of a steel-wood hybrid, but who knows? Maybe as he's looking at the RMC Catalogue, the T-Rex might attract his attention.
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby A.T.I » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:32 am

Considering BPB are getting a Mack multi launch in 2018, and the fact that Tayto park is just across the sea, I think that a Mack mega lite or Mack hyper coaster would be a better fit instead of a Mack launch coaster. Then again, they are across seas, so not necessarily...
ATI Stands for Amusement Thrills International! =) =) =)

We were born to fly...

Postby CSLKennyNI » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:18 am

A.T.I wrote:Considering BPB are getting a Mack multi launch in 2018, and the fact that Tayto park is just across the sea, I think that a Mack mega lite or Mack hyper coaster would be a better fit instead of a Mack launch coaster. Then again, they are across seas, so not necessarily...

I doubt Blackpool will affect their plans much. The vast majority of their visitors come from the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. And the vast majority of them will not visit Blackpool or have even heard of Construction 2018.
If Tayto want a Mack Launched Coaster they'll go for it.

-----------------------------------------
On the corner of the maps the park has now written: New Attractions for 2017.
I expected there to be more than just the flume, when CuChulainn opened it was one of 8 new attractions. It will probably just be a few more flat rides and perhaps another walk through attraction the Dinosaurs and the Ice Age (real time period not the films) attractions are rather popular and I imagine cheap to make.

Postby LeoBruz199 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:28 am

CSLKennyNI wrote:
A.T.I wrote:Considering BPB are getting a Mack multi launch in 2018, and the fact that Tayto park is just across the sea, I think that a Mack mega lite or Mack hyper coaster would be a better fit instead of a Mack launch coaster. Then again, they are across seas, so not necessarily...

I doubt Blackpool will affect their plans much. The vast majority of their visitors come from the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. And the vast majority of them will not visit Blackpool or have even heard of Construction 2018.
If Tayto want a Mack Launched Coaster they'll go for it.

-----------------------------------------
On the corner of the maps the park has now written: New Attractions for 2017.
I expected there to be more than just the flume, when CuChulainn opened it was one of 8 new attractions. It will probably just be a few more flat rides and perhaps another walk through attraction the Dinosaurs and the Ice Age (real time period not the films) attractions are rather popular and I imagine cheap to make.

I expect an XL drop tower to be coming next year.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!