Tayto Park Discussion Thread

Expansion plans for 2017 (flume) and 2019 (major coaster)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Tayto Park Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Tayto Park, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Tayto Park.

Tayto Park's Official Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

Tayto Park announces 2nd biggest European Wooden coaster (see below)

August 19th, 2016 - Expansion plans announced: 2017 - Log Flume 2019 - Major Coaster

Original Post:

If I had to place my bets I'd say GCI. What do you think?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tayto-park-could-get-europes-2nd-biggest-roller-coaster-in-2015-29888060.html

Tayto Park could get Europe's 2nd biggest roller coaster in 2015

BY FIONA DILLON – 04 January 2014
TAYTO Park is planning to install what will be the second biggest roller coaster in Europe.

The amusement park is aiming to set up the ¿8.5m attraction in 2015 as a part of a programme including new rides, a new entrance and additional parking and facilities.

Owner Ray Coyle told the Herald that the proposal for the extension would soon be submitted to the relevant planning authorities.

PLANNING

"A planning application is ready for lodgement at the end of the month with Meath County Council," he added.

The roller coaster will be the second biggest in Europe in terms of speed and length.

"It will be 1.4kms long, and 32 metres at its highest point," said Mr Coyle, "and it will be able to take 700 people an hour."

There are two trains on the attraction and each of them has 12 seats. It also has a top speed of 105km an hour.

The wooden ride, which will take up about 2.8 acres, has to be built specially in America to suit the site, Mr Coyle revealed.

The only roller coaster that is bigger in dimensions is in Europa Park in Germany.

The owner hopes the attraction -- and the other works -- will be big draw for potential visitors. A total of ¿25m is set to be invested over the next year-and-a half, with the new developments scheduled to be completed by April 2015.

Mr Coyle said he was very pleased at how well the park in Ashbourne, Co Meath, had done since opening in 2010.

He revealed that visitor numbers had grown exponentially year-on-year. In its first year of business, 224,000 people went through its gates. But by 2012, that figure had risen to 350,000.

And last year, the numbers came just short of half a million, reaching 495,000, according to Mr Coyle.

"I am absolutely thrilled -- we believe that we can keep growing," the owner said.

"We are predicting a 12pc growth in visitor numbers this year, and the following year a 25pc growth in numbers because of the new roller coaster and new rides."

The businessman also revealed that there were even more attractions set to go live within the next few months.
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:33 am.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: New Wooden Roller Coaster... for Ireland???

Postby Hoppy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Sounds like GCI to me...I can always call up Jeff and ask for confirmation! ;)
Roller Coasters, Fireworks, and Kobe Beef, oh my!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Oh, and this might be one of my favorite comments ever posted to an article like this!

Wild_Beast
A wooden coaster?? Could they not get a modern one? Wooden ones are long out of date.

:lol: :lmao: :lol:

I suck at LIFE!

Postby djboss302 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:57 pm

robbalvey wrote:Oh, and this might be one of my favorite comments ever posted to an article like this!

Wild_Beast
A wooden coaster?? Could they not get a modern one? Wooden ones are long out of date.

:lol: :lmao: :lol:

That needs to go in the GP thread :P
Top 5 Parks: 1. Cedar Point 2. Epcot 3. Busch Gardens Tampa 4. Holiday World 5. WDW Magic Kingdom
Coaster Count: Wood: 14 Steel: 33 Total: 47 Park count: 8
Top 5 Steel:1. Kumba 2. Montu 3. Raptor 4. Maverick 5. Batman
Top 5 Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. The Legend 3. Blue Streak 4. Viper 5. American Eagle (Red)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:59 pm

GCI does seem the most likely candidate. Good for Ireland!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Are there any major parks in Ireland?
Snoochie Boochie

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:02 pm

12 seat trains, that sounds interesting for a coaster that size, a lot like Timber Falls Avalanche or whatever it's called this week.

Maybe it was a mistake and it was meant to be 12 plus 12 for 24 a train. My money's on GCI, but maybe S & S if it really is 12 person trains.

Sounds like a nice little park.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:13 pm

downunder wrote:12 seat trains, that sounds interesting for a coaster that size, a lot like Timber Falls Avalanche or whatever it's called this week.

Maybe it was a mistake and it was meant to be 12 plus 12 for 24 a train. My money's on GCI, but maybe S & S if it really is 12 person trains.

Sounds like a nice little park.

Or maybe something like this?

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:18 pm

32 meters seems a little bit high for twelve-seat trains. I'm betting on twelve car trains, with the coaster being built by Great Coasters or Gravity Group.
A new urban amusement park? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my portfolio on Wordpress!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:29 pm

^I think it's an error by the journalist probably.

^^Robb, what coaster is that?

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!