TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Norway's Viking Adventure Park delayed to 2019 or 2020

A new theme park is planned to open in Norway in 2017.

The new park will be the largest theme park in the world based on vikings.

The park is going to have several rides and coasters, the park is still in the planning phase.

On the team they have American ITEC , which has helped to build countless theme parks and family parks around the world - including Disneyland Paris, Universal Studios and SeaWorld.

They estimate that there will be 300 000 guests visiting a year.

This is how they want the park to look like:

One of the rides:

Source:

http://www.nrk.no/rogaland/_-det-storste-som-har-skjedd-her-1.11370435

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Largest Theme Park in the world based on Vikings, is Marineland or Alton Towers been contracted to their publicity?

It's a shame that it won't be ready for next year's Scandi tour, it looks interesting. But I guess that gives TPR an excuse to come again.

Nice concept, hopefully the par will live up to the intricate looking illustrations!

Is there a predicted project cost?

The estimated project cost is 57 553 484 USD

Mack could build an excellent Drop 'N' Splash here!

I agree

• 2 weeks later...

Not really feeling the location.

Also the budget for the park is way to low. In order to make the Viking theme interesting it really need to be themed over top. I don't see that happen for that kind of money. It would be awesome if they pulled it of, that area of Scandinavia really need some more theme park attention.

I like the idea of this park! I have wanted to go to Norway for a time now, more than any other country in Europe, and this gives me a reason to go. Especially on how it is a favorite theme for me, Norse, it is really a great culture and it has deep roots in myth. I will be hopefully going in 2017!

Sounds interesting but the first thing that comes to mind is this like theming a park about California and putting it in California?

Not really, since the viking-age ended almost 1000 years ago.

I Think this could be a really coool park, and hopefully not the only vikitng-thmed park in Scandinavia. There's also plans for a new park in Uppsala, about 70km North of Stockholm, with a viking theme, but that is a different thread I think.

Sounds interesting but the first thing that comes to mind is this like theming a park about California and putting it in California?

Seems to be doing OK right now. The theme park themed to Texas that was built in Texas worked too.

Not really, since the viking-age ended almost 1000 years ago.

This. We don't really have any big things like this, themed to Viking's.

I Think this could be a really coool park, and hopefully not the only vikitng-thmed park in Scandinavia. There's also plans for a new park in Uppsala, about 70km North of Stockholm, with a viking theme, but that is a different thread I think.

That one is never going to happen. I have close friend who is one of the top politicians in Uppsala, and the whole project looks very much like a big money launderer, as there is no documentation at all to were the capital is coming from. There's a lot more to it also, but that's another discussion. Also the whole project seems highly unrealistic, with calculations of around 800 000 visitors a year in the first stage, were it's only going to be a big mall, something that is definitely not needed in the area.

This park in Norway seems like much more well planned, and actually realistic, even if I think they are a bit optimistic about the budget.