TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Gravity Group Woodie

I'll go ahead with the CCI thing here, if no one minds...

1. Boulder Dash

2. Timber Terror

3. Tremors

The rest, in order: Legend, Cyclops, Cornball Express, Great White, Excalibur, Raven, GhostRider, Outlaw, Zeus, Lost Coaster, Boss, Underground, Sky Princess, Pegasus, Hoosier Hurricane.

I used to adore CCI. I'd be a bit miffed that people seemed to ignore them just 'cause the company is defunct, and even more so when people would criticize them for aging poorly. But I've noticed over time that there aren't too many outstanding ones anymore. I just was lucky that my first two were two of the best: Tremors and Timber Terror.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Of the 6 I've been on, I'd rank them the following:

1) Voyage- Extremely aggressive ride, but the airtime and relentless speed tops the list.

2) Ravine Flyer II- Very reridable while still being an aggressive, airtime filled ride with a great setting.

The smaller ones all rank very similarly to me, with only minor differences separating them. I can't wait to try Mine Blower next month.

3) Switchback- Smooth and a very unique ride with some good air.

4) Roar-o-saurus- Shuffles a bit on the turns, but there's 12-13 hills with airtime.

5) Wooden Warrior- Very smooth coaster with some great air. Less hills than Roar-o-saurus though.

6) Twister- Unique layout with good drops in the back, but shuffles more than the above 3.

Oh, yeah, Switchback!

Current rankings:

1. Voyage. I still love Voyage, and I last rode her in 2016.

2. Boardwalk Bullet. Apparently my most recent laps were some of my better ones; it's a hit or miss ride.

3. Switchback. Not one of the best coasters evar, but it's refreshingly innovative, and fantastic for what it is.

4. Wooden Warrior. Put me in the category of thinking "maybe a bit overrated, but definitely holds its own."

5. Ravine Flyer II. I don't really get it, but probably someday I will.

6. Hades 360. Hades 360 is bad.

I've only been on two: Voyage and Wooden Warrior. Even though I had a blast while riding it, and even though my issues with the second half of Voyage have been well-documented, I don't think I can argue Wooden Warrior is superior to a well-running Voyage.

Last time I rode Boardwalk Bullet it was acutely really enjoyable. Not to mention it's got a beautiful view From the lift hill.

So, yeah. Boardwalk Bullet gets my vote!!

(Also, I haven't been on any of the others soooo...)

I've only been on one: Mine Blower.

I don't want to call it the best since I really didn't like it. I really tried to like it by riding a 2nd time later that day. It was worse than the first time. It gave me a headache and left the park. I was supposed to ride HeadSpin 360 and didn't after that experience. I guess I should have done it first...lol

I've only been on one: Mine Blower.

I don't want to call it the best since I really didn't like it. I really tried to like it by riding a 2nd time later that day. It was worse than the first time. It gave me a headache and left the park. I was supposed to ride HeadSpin 360 and didn't after that experience. I guess I should have done it first...lol

I don't quite get all these reviews coming in about MB saying it's really rough. Been on it twice in each row, and while I wouldn't call it glass-smooth, it's far from being Gwazi bad.

• 3 weeks later...