TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Twist Coaster Robin Roller Coaster for Yomiuriland

In the spring of 2014, Yomiuri Land will open coaster that incorporates various elements the "twist coaster Robin".

The course length 313m, a top speed of Japan to become sense to be thrown out of the vehicle be "fall of 93 degree" 62km / h, right after the start, "360 degree spiral", from 180 degree half spiral + loop and "twist dive", The first such "reverse Kant curve" is a roller coaster exciting than it looks.

In addition, course layout that I made use of landscape and overlooking the Shinjuku skyscrapers, and scampering between the rich green trees, the terrain of Yomiuri Land is also one of the charms.

Please look forward to Yomiuriland to become more and more fun!

So "Twist Coaster Robin" looks to have a 19m tall, 93* first drop, with a maximum speed of 62km/h, followed by a barrel roll, dive loop, and outside banked "reverse Kant curve," for a total ride length of 313m. It opens Spring 2014, and appears to be a custom S&S El Loco coaster, with 4 seater cars. And from the images and description, it'll have some landscape interaction.

My thoughts - the layout looks a little weak (assuming the trees aren't hiding something), but it'll be a fairly unique addition for the area and a great fit for the park, especially since they've been a bit lacking after removing two coasters over the past few years. And honestly, this is a huge improvement over the pointless SL Coaster and the terrible White Canyon. I think this is just what this park needs, and I'll definitely make a point of revisiting once this opens (unfortunately, my next trip will be too soon).

Thanks to spongey (Aussie Steve) for mentioning during the 2013 Japan tour that he'd seen teasers for a new coaster during his visit and that there was construction happening in the former SL Coaster area; I've been checking their site for news since then. It seems my calling is finding news from Yomiuriland.

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The long sprawling out layout reminds me of El Loco meets Jet Coaster! How perfectly Japanese!

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. It'll be interesting to see how a "customized" El Loco works out.

They're putting the new lap bar seats on the old, narrow cars. Nice!

The only thing that I didn't like about the car they showed at IAAPA last year (for the Angry Birds ride?) was that it looked super-wide. Nice to see that they're using the older-style cars.

It is great to finally see an S&S El Loco with more of a difference in the layout than a drop that is one degree steeper in each model. Hopefully this is a sign that the company will start offering more customized layouts for other parks.

I am conflicted. New rides in Japan are always a good thing. But new rides in Japan at a park that has an affiliation with a baseball team named the Giants is not a good thing!

^ Sounds like this coaster will be a 2 time world champion over the course of 3 years.

It is great to finally see an S&S El Loco with more of a difference in the layout than a drop that is one degree steeper in each model. Hopefully this is a sign that the company will start offering more customized layouts for other parks.

This will be the second custom El Loco. So it's a good sign.

• 5 months later...
^Where is the first custom El Loco?

http://rcdb.com/3408.htm

Pretty sure they're referring to this thing, which looks like an El Loco, but seems to be a custom screamin' squirrel.

It is also older than any "real" El Loco.

Copying and pasting the Japanese name of the ride gave me this relatively new video-

Edited by GigaG