TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What coaster do you hate that everone else loves?

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Millennium Force. I find the ride incredibly overrated but a lot of people rank it as their #1 coaster. People do have the same opinion as me but I feel that more people love it than find it overrated.

Agree! Totally agree!

Most B&Ms, I love ejectors and intense elements, and I am not a fan of inversions! B&M just do not have what I want.

I don't hate them, but I feel the following get more recognition than they deserve:

Superman Escape from Krypton because apart from some good speed there is little else and Goliath SFMM because i feel it's rather strange for a hyper coaster to hit MCBR after only two drops and one airtime hill. The only good aspect after the brakes is the helix.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast.

I really enjoyed the original Mr. Freeze so much, but it was ruined it for me when the launch was reversed. I like feeling the force of a launch without having to brace my neck.

Goliath SFMM because i feel it's rather strange for a hyper coaster to hit MCBR after only two drops and one airtime hill. The only good aspect after the brakes is the helix.

I agree. I didn't really like anything about this coaster, aside from maybe the first drop. The awkward MCBR slows the train down to painstakingly low speeds. The thing is even ugly to look at. I look at most coasters as a piece of art, but Golioth just looks like an ugly steel frame.

What coaster do you hate that everyone else loves? I really don't care for Pegasus at Mt. Olympus. They really need to fix that last turn before the station.

Does everyone love Pegasus??? I thought most people were indifferent to it, if they even gave it any thought at all.

I didn't HATE it, but I wasn't crazy about Bizarro at SFNE. It could have been that I rode it opening weekend in April when it was in the 40's and cloudy, but the ride did nothing for me. Kind of rattling and not that exciting. Just my 2 cents!

599459834_WUYWAprilTriptoMACAandOR481.thumb.JPG.4049635eacfb4b0df94ec2b3e5a87628.JPG

And I felt the lap bars were REALLY tight.

893436461_WUYWAprilTriptoMACAandOR484.thumb.JPG.9f00b441e0929e4402d0dd81453aadfb.JPG

1763281721_WUYWAprilTriptoMACAandOR485.thumb.JPG.2f84734a40f93f0da8141262a53ae4a7.JPG

What coaster do you hate that everyone else loves? I really don't care for Pegasus at Mt. Olympus. They really need to fix that last turn before the station.

Does everyone love Pegasus??? I thought most people were indifferent to it, if they even gave it any thought at all.

Yeah, I think most people regard this to be an "OK" family woodie, at best.

For me, I guess the answer is Voyage. I loved it in spring of 2009, but it damn near beat me to death and left me with a headache in 2010. For many, it's top ten; for me, it's considerably lower.

I wouldn't necessarily say I HATE Magnum XL-200, but I feel like it's incredibly overrated. It's a great piece of history and should stay, and I had a good deal of fun on it, but I found it to be incredibly forceless for the first half, and looking at my top 10, I don't mind forceless or almost forceless rides if they've got a good sensation to them or the visuals are good, but Magnum was just sitting in a cramped car getting thrown around. Now about the second half, I do like my airtime, I'm a floater guy myself but I'll take a bit of ejector...

...those airtime hops are AWFUL. The train just creeps through them at a slow speed and the airtime felt so robotic (1 second negative, one second neutral, one second positive, the Gs were so predictable) and rough with those restraints. I rode in the back (which I thought MIGHT have been a bad idea when the train dispatched and a ride op told us "Ouch, why'd pick the back?") so I might have just had a bad seat on the train but I really didn't find this ride to be that great. Good piece of history, though, and in my opinion it was Ron Toomer's biggest contribution to the industry. Like it as part of the industry, dislike it as a ride.

And I still want to know why they call it molly orange.

V2: Vertical Velocity at SFGAm. I'm not sure how most enthusiasts rank V2, but I know the GP loves that ride. For me, personally, I don't think V2 does anything, especially since the holding brake doesn't operate anymore. I wouldn't say I hate V2 though; I just think it's incredibly overrated.

I didn't hate Magnum, but it was a brutal ride, and I see a lot of people love it, but it's just too painful, even though it has ejector airtime.

I rather like Magnum (more so than, say, the Big One at Blackpool), as clunky as it is. But, as a group, the Arrow hypers are not very good.

I didn't hate Magnum, but it was a brutal ride, and I see if lot of people love it, but it's just too painful, even though it has ejector airtime.

I rather like Magnum (more so than, say, the Big One at Blackpool), as clunky as it is. But, as a group, the Arrow hypers are not very good.

Magnum is a weird one for me too... in the front seat its very painful, but in the back its one of my favourites

Hard for me to "hate" very many coasters at all, but Nitro was a flop for me. There is nothing wrong with it in terms of roughness, excessive trims, or boredom. However, Nitro just failed to do anything to separate it from the rest of the hypers I have ridden. I liked it, but Nitro lacks the intensity or insanely fun factor that can make a coaster elite. Nitro is enjoyable, but nothing impressive at all in my opinion. Can't win them all I guess.